News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Spam protection, AntiSpam, FireWall by CleanTalk (no Captcha/reCaptcha)

Started by psrustik, April 14, 2014, 05:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Rock Lee-

@PenelopeQ In the SMF error logs that it shows? a server / server must have a error of call.log or error.txt to know more precisely what is the error, because with so many mod it can be conflict with any of them...

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Bear1968

Quote from: Bear1968 on March 14, 2018, 03:33:25 AM
It has been about 2 weeks and Spam Posts are dramatically down.  Before the install as stated in my last post I had to delete a dozen spammers a day that passed through the mod I was using. Over the past two weeks I had to deal with about 10 that passed through Clean Talk.
Not the miracle I was hoping for but the best so far.

OK I should have posted this sooner but I am now about 6 months into using Cleantalk and I have nothing to do as a Forum Admin! I get no Spam whatsoever.
I guess the reason I did not post an update sooner was that it has been so dang quiet as far as spam goes I simply forgot about it until updated Cleantak to the latest version tonight.
It is doing it's job and I could not be more pleased.
I would definitely recommend to any SMF forum Admin as a cheap and sure way to relive yourself of spam problems!

*edit* The Spam I received in the nested quote was caused by accounts that were previously registered that remained dormant. These accounts I think were linked to spam accounts that were blocked due to the similarities in registration names. Hind Site 20/20  :)

psrustik

Quote from: Bear1968 on July 26, 2018, 04:16:20 AM
Quote from: Bear1968 on March 14, 2018, 03:33:25 AM
It has been about 2 weeks and Spam Posts are dramatically down.  Before the install as stated in my last post I had to delete a dozen spammers a day that passed through the mod I was using. Over the past two weeks I had to deal with about 10 that passed through Clean Talk.
Not the miracle I was hoping for but the best so far.

OK I should have posted this sooner but I am now about 6 months into using Cleantalk and I have nothing to do as a Forum Admin! I get no Spam whatsoever.
I guess the reason I did not post an update sooner was that it has been so dang quiet as far as spam goes I simply forgot about it until updated Cleantak to the latest version tonight.
It is doing it's job and I could not be more pleased.
I would definitely recommend to any SMF forum Admin as a cheap and sure way to relive yourself of spam problems!

*edit* The Spam I received in the nested quote was caused by accounts that were previously registered that remained dormant. These accounts I think were linked to spam accounts that were blocked due to the similarities in registration names. Hind Site 20/20  :)

Thank you!
We strive to provide better anti-spam protection every day.

SomeoneElse

It would be good if the fact that this is a commercial service that costs - not much, but costs - were obvious before you install it.

Having installed it, I got the access key ok, but I needed to use the automatic setup of it: every time I press the save button on the mod's setup page, I get a blank screen.

SomeoneElse

I don't know why my board suddenly started having hundreds of spambots trying to register, but it did. Maybe someone human told them the answer to the question we'd been asking.

This mod stopped them, while letting through real people with an absolute minimum of fuss. No CAPTCHAs!

Much of it would have been possible to do by hand - most of the spam registrations had user names ending in 'Incose' for some reason - but not having to do this was easily worth the $8 it costs for one site for one year with no additional services. (Plus by doing it before the week's free trial expired, three months are added to the twelve.)

psrustik

Quote from: SomeoneElse on October 19, 2018, 09:47:34 AM
I don't know why my board suddenly started having hundreds of spambots trying to register, but it did. Maybe someone human told them the answer to the question we'd been asking.

This mod stopped them, while letting through real people with an absolute minimum of fuss. No CAPTCHAs!

Much of it would have been possible to do by hand - most of the spam registrations had user names ending in 'Incose' for some reason - but not having to do this was easily worth the $8 it costs for one site for one year with no additional services. (Plus by doing it before the week's free trial expired, three months are added to the twelve.)
Thank you!
I hope spam won't bother you again at all.

aminus1

Здравствуйте спасибо вам за мод программы CleanTalk

psrustik

Thank you for your feedback!

Protecting you from spam is our primary concern.

sah62

Every so often I see an error like this in my forum's admin log when a "good" user attempts to post something:

https://www.mysite.org/forum/index.php?action=post2;start=0;board=10
8: Undefined index: cleantalk_automod
File: /home/mysite/public_html/forum/Sources/cleantalk/cleantalkMod.php
Line: 620

The end result is a "good" post that gets flagged as spam, which is annoying for users. "Enable automoderation for messages" is not enabled in my settings for the mod; I suspect that it should have a default value of FALSE assigned if it hasn't been set to avoid this error. I just turned on "Enable automoderation for messages" to see if it makes a difference.

I'm running SMF 2.0.15, PHP 7.0.32-0ubuntu0.16.04.1, and version 2.25 of the mod.

showngo

So far I could not be happier.
Really cut down on my needed Admin time.

panelpro

I found this mod very useful. For some reasons, the board that's opened for guest's contribution was getting lots of spam submission, and I had to implement a captcha solution that became a problem to most honest users. Opting for CleanTalk did the job perfectly as there are no more bots submission and legitimate users aren't getting annoyed with difficult captchas.

psrustik

Quote from: panelpro on January 31, 2019, 01:34:17 PM
I found this mod very useful. For some reasons, the board that's opened for guest's contribution was getting lots of spam submission, and I had to implement a captcha solution that became a problem to most honest users. Opting for CleanTalk did the job perfectly as there are no more bots submission and legitimate users aren't getting annoyed with difficult captchas.

Thank you!
Spam shall not pass!

jwr92

Great mod, works very good!!!

P.S.What would I do without this plug...

psrustik

Quote from: jwr92 on February 02, 2019, 10:04:31 AM
Great mod, works very good!!!

P.S.What would I do without this plug...
Thank you!
Fighting spam is our work.

ChesterfieldFly

I've recently installed CleanTalk anti spam on my forum.
Simple to follow installation, what could be easier.
I'm well impressed by it, and at a reasonable price too.
Saves me a lot of manual work sorting out the legit sign ups from the spam ones.

Cheers  :)

psrustik

Thank you for the feedback!

We are glad to protect your sites from spam.

Biology Forums

Does this mod add to the stylesheet? I noticed my forum's font got bigger

psrustik

Quote from: Study Force on February 24, 2019, 05:29:27 PM
Does this mod add to the stylesheet? I noticed my forum's font got bigger

Hello.

CleanTalk plugin is compatible to stylesheet. Could you please let us kno if the problem persists with disabled plugin.

Thank you.

Biology Forums

After disabling the mod, the font went back to normal. Hence, I concluded it's the mode cause the trouble.

psrustik

Quote from: Study Force on February 25, 2019, 12:14:41 PM
After disabling the mod, the font went back to normal. Hence, I concluded it's the mode cause the trouble.

Please, tell us your website. If you don't want to publish it here, you can create a ticket in our private support system:
https://cleantalk.org/my/support/open

Write back anytime.

Best regards.

Advertisement: