Spam protection, AntiSpam, FireWall by CleanTalk (no Captcha/reCaptcha)

Started by psrustik, April 14, 2014, 05:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burd

I just don't  let any Russians on    Boom.   Done. 
Who'd a know'd the better

psrustik

Quote from: burd on May 18, 2020, 12:12:07 PM
I just don't  let any Russians on    Boom.   Done.

Excuse me, do you have questions concerning CleanTalk services?

SomeoneElse

bod22

I had to set up my forum from the scratch. I use 2.0.17 now and PHP 7.3.

When I install CleanTalk everything goes well but I can't see any options of it where I could paste my license key. It redirects me to Configuration - Modifictaion Setting but I don't have any setting concerning CleanTalk like i was previously. What could happen?

psrustik

Quote from: bod22 on August 15, 2020, 05:47:00 PM
I had to set up my forum from the scratch. I use 2.0.17 now and PHP 7.3.

When I install CleanTalk everything goes well but I can't see any options of it where I could paste my license key. It redirects me to Configuration - Modifictaion Setting but I don't have any setting concerning CleanTalk like i was previously. What could happen?

Hello.

Please, make sure that you are using the latest version of the anti-spam plugin 2.31:
https://cleantalk.org/help/install-smf

Then try to check the plugin's settings:
Admin —> Package Manager, Configuration —> Modification Settings

If the issue persists, please create a ticket in our support system:
https://cleantalk.org/my/support/open

bod22

I have the latest version.

I can't access settings.

I will open the ticket.

pseudoinconnu

psrustik

xGROMx

I am trying to find out if this is a wide problem with CleanTalk.  The forum I am using is becoming usable because of this problem and I want to help point the admins in the right direction to get it fixed.

When posting, this error is populated on the next page, 75% of the time the post will be posted.  Also, everyone's post counter is stuck and not progressing.

Is this a CleanTalk problem or a larger forum problem?

psrustik

Hello,

I will ask our developers for help. We will answer you within 1-2 business days.

psrustik

Quote from: xGROMx on October 02, 2020, 02:18:59 PM
I am trying to find out if this is a wide problem with CleanTalk.  The forum I am using is becoming usable because of this problem and I want to help point the admins in the right direction to get it fixed.

When posting, this error is populated on the next page, 75% of the time the post will be posted.  Also, everyone's post counter is stuck and not progressing.

Is this a CleanTalk problem or a larger forum problem?

Hello, which version of module are you using?

Robin1989

This Mod is doing fantastic - it has blocked over 4000 attempts this week looking at our stats - very grateful

psrustik

Quote from: Robin1989 on December 05, 2020, 08:47:08 AM
This Mod is doing fantastic - it has blocked over 4000 attempts this week looking at our stats - very grateful

Hello
Thank you for your review!
No spam, more productive time.

Fredisland

Hello,

Is CleanTalk mod compatble with Google reCaptcha ?

And second question : I have installed CleanTalk a couple of days ago, until I see connecting with Chrome sent me a blank page, as if I was a bot of my own website. Is it normal ?

And last question : does the email filter interfer with the one included in SMF ?

Thank you Very much

Fred, from France
SMF 2.0.17

psrustik

Hello,

Thank you for your questions.

QuoteIs CleanTalk mod compatble with Google reCaptcha ?

Quotedoes the email filter interfer with the one included in SMF ?

Yes, our anti-spam plugin is fully compatible with Google reCaptcha and with SMF email filter.
I have installed CleanTalk a couple of days ago, until I see connecting with Chrome sent me a blank page, as if I was a bot of my own website. Is it normal ?

No, our plugin doesn't sent a blank page. Do you have any errors in your logs, and does this error only appears with Chrome?

Fredisland

Quote from: psrustik on January 02, 2021, 12:46:25 AM
No, our plugin doesn't sent a blank page. Do you have any errors in your logs, and does this error only appears with Chrome?

Thank you for your (very) quick reply.
About blank page : my browser replaced "http" by "https" >>> blank page. But solved now :).
I've just bought a one year full security package. Thanks for your work.

psrustik

You are welcome!

Feel free to contact us anytime.

Best regards.

yamiacaveman

I am just an individual basically running my own SMF site. I was a bit skeptical at first with clean talk, but it definitely works! The captcha and recaptcha stuff, is costly, a little harder to use, barely works with SMF.
Clean talk so far is great, no problems, the price was right and it works. I had a lot of junk coming at me from Russia and vicinity, now it's all stopped.
As long as the price stays decent, I will keep using Clean Talk.   

psrustik

Quote from: yamiacaveman on March 15, 2021, 12:15:57 PM
I am just an individual basically running my own SMF site. I was a bit skeptical at first with clean talk, but it definitely works! The captcha and recaptcha stuff, is costly, a little harder to use, barely works with SMF.
Clean talk so far is great, no problems, the price was right and it works. I had a lot of junk coming at me from Russia and vicinity, now it's all stopped.
As long as the price stays decent, I will keep using Clean Talk.
Thank you!
Leave spam problems to CleanTalk.

sbartelski

This mod has been working very well for us. We had to switch from another anti-spam mod due to our upgrade to SMF 2.0.18. I like th stats that we get weekly . The only small downside it tweaking the settings so that slightly less posts are denied, as CleanTalk is more aggressive than the prior software. But in the end, better safe than sorry.
Stefan Bartelski
Webmaster for the Cadillac LaSalle Discussion forums

Advertisement: