Advertisement:

Author Topic: email Inactive Users  (Read 50325 times)

Offline Suki

• Kaizoku Jotei
  • Developer
  • SMF Super Hero
  • I don't really come from outer space
    • MissAllSunday on GitHub
    • SMF mods
Re: email Inactive Users
« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2018, 04:02:41 PM »
The log you sent is telling theres a duplicated function in the ScheduledTasks.php file but there isn't in the file you attached.

You need to attach the real file you are using or at least tell me if you did something else since you attached it.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Look at them. They're just asking for it. Maybe the human race deserves to be wiped out.

Offline petewadey

« Reply #221 on: February 05, 2018, 04:13:49 PM »
I realize there is a duplicate file, and I'm trying with the help of my host to remove all traces and install a fresh copy. If this fails, I will probably give up, as it's beyond my capability to sort this. Shame because I would really like to run this mod.
Anyway, I'll try one more time from scratch.
I will let you know how I get on.
Pete

Offline aegersz

• Sophist Member
  • "mods" junkie
    • dopetalk
« Reply #222 on: February 05, 2018, 04:16:31 PM »
Hi, i'm still experiencing inconsistencies with this mod - it worked fine ages when my member base was smaller but now it's producing less emails.

what do you suggest is best to debug it without producing emails etc. ?

i don't really want to commit to queuing up real emails to send, i don't know if it is possible to just echo the candidate members name out somewhere, a temp table maybe ?

thoughts on getting it to do a "dry" run before the real one ?

Linux CentOS VPS running SMF 2.0 with 140+ mods installed (the full h/w and s/w can be seen at http://forum.drugs-and-users.org/index.php/topic,3301)

Offline Suki

• Kaizoku Jotei
  • Developer
  • SMF Super Hero
    • SMF mods
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2018, 10:47:07 AM »
You can copy all the logic inside the scheduled task into a separate file, include all the files the scheduled task calls and replace the actual query to delete members with a var_dump() of the array that holds the ids or do a query with those ids to the memebrs table to get their names
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Look at them. They're just asking for it. Maybe the human race deserves to be wiped out.

Offline aegersz

• Sophist Member
  • "mods" junkie
    • dopetalk
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2018, 04:10:55 PM »
excellent. i didn't know where to start but have used var_dump() to debug in the past.

it's on my "to do" list.

thanks Suki !
Linux CentOS VPS running SMF 2.0 with 140+ mods installed (the full h/w and s/w can be seen at http://forum.drugs-and-users.org/index.php/topic,3301)

Online @rjen

« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2018, 12:21:52 PM »
I am considering to use this MOD.

There is one thing I cannot figure out though: I want to sent the reminders to all 'Regular members' , ie the ones that are NOT part of any membergroup.
Can that be done? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance...
Running SMF 2.0 with Tinyportal 1.5.1 at www.fjr-club.nl
Testing SMF 2.1 beta 4 with Tinyportal 1.5.1 at http://test2.fjr-club.nl/

Offline Suki

• Kaizoku Jotei
  • Developer
  • SMF Super Hero
    • SMF mods
« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2018, 03:40:18 PM »
No, you need to specifically select the user groups you want to target, the mod was designed like that from the beginning.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:20:01 PM by Suki »

Online @rjen

« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2018, 03:51:53 PM »
That’s too bad : I specifically want to to target the users NOT in a usergroup...

well actually in the group 'Regular Members'  which is not in the picklist of the mod...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:23:22 PM by @rjen »
Running SMF 2.0 with Tinyportal 1.5.1 at www.fjr-club.nl
Testing SMF 2.1 beta 4 with Tinyportal 1.5.1 at http://test2.fjr-club.nl/