News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

email Inactive Users

Started by Suki, April 19, 2014, 02:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Suki on April 29, 2014, 05:00:35 PM
You need to disable he evaluation of templates from your admin panel

admin / configuration / server settings

clean your error log and wait untl that error happens again, you will now see the real file where the error is.
Thanks for your reply man
I did what you said and produced the error because i had noticed that it occurs always and only when i try to uninstall a mod. (i uninstalled the tynipic one to produce the error because it's very easy to re-install  ;) )
The error is the one attached and the line is this one:
<br /><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=admin;area=packages;sa=remove;package=', $_REQUEST['package'], ';', $context['session_var'], '=', $context['session_id'], '"', $package['is_installed'] && $package['is_current'] ? ' onclick="return confirm(\'' . $txt['package_delete_bad'] . '\');"' : '', '><strong>[ ', $txt['click'], $txt['package_delete'], $txt['mod'], ' ]</strong></a>';
Could you help me to fix this please? I would appreciate it very much...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Suki

its not an error related to this mod, I suggest you to open a new support topic with your Package.template and sources/Packages.php as attachments.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I might disagree because it started to happen when i installed this mod and the error it was giving me before disabling the evaluation panel was pointing to Emailinactiveusers T.T :'( and sorry the attachment is a bit wrong i'll redo it. It happens everytime i try to uninstall something and like i said it started to happen when i installed this mod so no doubt it's something about it, or at least something not fully compatible with something else in the code :'(
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Suki

It points out to this mod because its the only mod you have that uses hooks, the language file this mod uses is the last file loaded by SMF before evaluating, thats the only reason this mod appears on your error log, otherwise it has nothing to do with your error.

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Ninja ZX-10RR

How can you know that it's my only mod using hooks? :O just because i had evaluation off it doesn't mean i can0t have installed a mod using hooks :O meantime i will post it in the support board as you said but i don't get how you could state what you said...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Suki

Its either your only mod using hooks or the latest (that uses hooks) one installed.  Doesn't make any difference, the point here is that this mod is the latest one been loaded by your installation and the language file is the last loaded file.

Basically its just a coincidence.

zarachrome

Hi, Suki;

I've installed the mod in a spanish forum and it seems to work properly, except for erasing inactive users.
I've tried with the users that have not entered the forum in a year or more, with 3000 messages or less and when the time I´ve specified ends, the mod does nothing. It doesn't show the list of users to be deleted and, of course, it does not delete them.
Aldo, I've tried with any other settings and it doesn't work.
My forum is http://fotograncanaria.org [nofollow]

I would appreciate ant help.
Thank you for the mod and for your support  :)

Suki

Enter you DB with phpmyadmin of similar, go to the members table and pick a member that it should have been marked for deletion, post here the values for  columns:  to_delete, inactive_mail and sent_mail

Keep in minf tht only those members whos account is active will be taken into consideration, you also need to specify at least one membergroup and the users nees to belong to that group

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Suki on April 29, 2014, 06:43:52 PM
Its either your only mod using hooks or the latest (that uses hooks) one installed.  Doesn't make any difference, the point here is that this mod is the latest one been loaded by your installation and the language file is the last loaded file.

Basically its just a coincidence.
Dang it sorry man you had been so quick that i hadn't even seen that! Anyway yes thanks fot the help it's an issue related to another mod, THIS ONE. Sorry for the no answer in the first place, i think i seemed a bit rude for that, thank you again and sorry for the inconvenience.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Suki

OK, got the new version but before I update the main page I would like someone to give it a try first and see if there is no errors.

mini changelog:

- Added a setting to only mail members instead of mail and remove them.
- Added Spanish_la/utf8 translation
- removed some duplicated language strings

demlak

i Just gave it a try.. is it standard, that "generel settings" and "user list" do show the same settings page "Email Inactive Users"?

i don´t see anything different on "user list"

p.s.
in the description text, there is a typo.. you wrote "not after the main was sent".. i think this should be "mail" not "main"..

p.p.s. error log says (german):
http://board.url/index.php?action=admin;area=eiu
Filter hinzufügen: Nur Fehlermeldungen mit der gleichen Nachricht anzeigen
2: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given
Filter hinzufügen: Nur Fehler von dieser Datei zeigen
Datei: /boardfolder/Themes/default/languages/emailInactiveUsers.english.php (show_settings sub template - eval?)
Zeile: 903

demlak

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: demlak on May 13, 2014, 09:29:39 PM
i Just gave it a try.. is it standard, that "generel settings" and "user list" do show the same settings page "Email Inactive Users"?

i don´t see anything different on "user list"

p.s.
in the description text, there is a typo.. you wrote "not after the main was sent".. i think this should be "mail" not "main"..

p.p.s. error log says (german):
http://board.url/index.php?action=admin;area=eiu
Filter hinzufügen: Nur Fehlermeldungen mit der gleichen Nachricht anzeigen
2: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given
Filter hinzufügen: Nur Fehler von dieser Datei zeigen
Datei: /boardfolder/Themes/default/languages/emailInactiveUsers.english.php (show_settings sub template - eval?)
Zeile: 903

Man how in the world can you expect a free mod creator to help you if you ask things like that?

• 1st mistake: You haven't even tried to be kind;

• 2nd mistake: No "thank you for the mod anyway" or similars;

• 3rd mistake: SMF version not being specified;

• 4th mistake: Theme not specified, try the default one;

• 5th mistake: Problems on installation? Did you make any manual edits or something?

• 6th mistake: If you can speak English (and we see you can) then take 2 minutes to change the language so everyone can understand what that German stuff means, including Suki;

• 7th "mistake":  Of course it's not normal if you see both pages showing the same thing, so you obviously had troubles installing the mod.

Please fix those and think that if you act like "yeah i tried your stuff on which you you worked for hours but nah i don't like it and all i care about is that error it gave me etc..." it can make people very angry and not willing to help at all, i wouldn't blame him.
Hope you not mad at me for this message, this was just a reminder because probably you didn't even realize until now what i told you ;) let us know

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Shambles

Arantor

I'd say that it's all about just trying to encourage a better mindset for everyone.

mikk

Quote from: Suki on May 11, 2014, 07:52:36 PM
OK, got the new version but before I update the main page I would like someone to give it a try first and see if there is no errors.

Hi!

Thanks for this mod! I try this version (v1.1).

First look:
- Settings/ General settings and User List page is same, I don't see any differents.
- After I'm uninstalling, the spanish languge files is remain on the server.

My question: I want test this mod, how can I set any user to simulate his inactivity?
I think I try this with phpMyAdmin but what can I change?
Example: I'm wanting to set, the test user (name is: test) is inactive 30 days ago. After I'm running this mod scheluded task, and I want see what's happening.

Thanks!

sorry my poor English.

zarachrome

Quote from: Suki on May 04, 2014, 08:24:18 AM
Enter you DB with phpmyadmin of similar, go to the members table and pick a member that it should have been marked for deletion, post here the values for  columns:  to_delete, inactive_mail and sent_mail

Keep in minf tht only those members whos account is active will be taken into consideration, you also need to specify at least one membergroup and the users nees to belong to that group

Hi, Suki;

I'm sorry; I've been too busy.
What I've got in tables:
to_delete: 1
inactive_mail: 1401148629
sent_mail: 1400543829

But in the user list, in mod's settings, I see the message "There aren't any users marked for potential deletion".

Still with version 1.0.

Thank you for your help.

Suki

yeah, I somehow end up uploading a branch I was working on but decided it wasn't worth the effort. will take a look at it when I have some time and upload the correct branch.

zarachrome

Quote from: Suki on May 23, 2014, 11:21:43 AM
yeah, I somehow end up uploading a branch I was working on but decided it wasn't worth the effort. will take a look at it when I have some time and upload the correct branch.

OK, thank you very much.

zarachrome

Quote from: Suki on May 23, 2014, 11:21:43 AM

Sorry, Suki,

The mod works pretty well, but I thought it makes the user list when the date is on, but in fact the list is made when the days you specify + the date the mod is programmed arrive.
For example:
I program it to delete users when they are 365 days out of the forum, and the I give them 7 days to enter or not.
So, the user list to be deleted appears when 365 + 7 = 372 days have passed, not before.

Sorry for my (poor) english and thank you again for this excellent mod  ;)

Advertisement: