News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

email Inactive Users

Started by Suki, April 19, 2014, 02:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

That sentence was included in a log, it has nothing to do with the mod in general nor it represents how I feel about this mod.

It means that I didn't know if there was already a translation or not, don't care either way, I went ahead and made a new one. Happy?

Anyway, it is not my fault nor my problem if people misunderstand my words.  IMHO people should stop looking for drama where there is none.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I just said that "IMHO" it didn't look cool. If you think differently is ok but don't say I look for drama -.-" because seriously I have much more important things to think about.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Suki

Please stop commenting on this topic unless you need support for this mod.

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Kreator

Just out of interest what is the default Message?

Suki

Kreator

thank you Suki!

great mod since installing had an influx of users!

Suki

Cool, let me know if there is any possible issue with the mod.

Xarkurai

Hello,

not sure what might cause it but when I want to do "run now" in the Scheduled Tasks it returns the following error:

"Database error, given array of integer values is empty. (groups)"

Any thoughts on this?
Cheers!
Useful paid mod: Badge Awards - Award members for actions

Suki

You need to specify a group ID on the mod's admin panel.

Xarkurai

Oh of course!

Thanks. Stupid me :D.
Useful paid mod: Badge Awards - Award members for actions

Suki

There is a logic flaw as well, I use that variable on pretty much all the queries this mod does so I should check that variable to be exactly what the queries expect. If not, don't run anything.

Will change that on another release.

Isa.F

Quote from: Suki on July 17, 2014, 09:32:45 AM
Cool, let me know if there is any possible issue with the mod.

Hi Suki! Thank's for the excellent mod!  :)

I'm getting this error on Error Log:

http://www.XXXXXXXXXX/index.php?action=admin;area=eiu;fd15434=aaa846c4ac03221e10fb62f4f5d8351a
2: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given
Ficheiro: /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/Themes/default/languages/emailInactiveUsers.english.php (show_settings sub template - eval?)
Linha: 903

And if I disable evaluation of templates , I get:

http://www.XXXXXXXX/index.php?action=admin;area=eiu;fd15434=aaa846c4ac03221e10fb62f4f5d8351a

Ficheiro: /home/XXXXXX/public_html/Themes/default/Admin.template.php
Linha: 903

It seems to be the same error that demlak had:

Quote from: Suki on June 10, 2014, 03:10:44 PM
Quote from: demlak on May 13, 2014, 09:29:39 PM
i Just gave it a try.. is it standard, that "generel settings" and "user list" do show the same settings page "Email Inactive Users"?

i don´t see anything different on "user list"

p.s.
in the description text, there is a typo.. you wrote "not after the main was sent".. i think this should be "mail" not "main"..

p.p.s. error log says (german):
http://board.url/index.php?action=admin;area=eiu
Filter hinzufügen: Nur Fehlermeldungen mit der gleichen Nachricht anzeigen
Filter hinzufügen: Nur Fehler von dieser Datei zeigen
Datei: /boardfolder/Themes/default/languages/emailInactiveUsers.english.php (show_settings sub template - eval?)
Zeile: 903

OK, I uploaded the correct package.

The "in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given" error is an SMF bug when using a multiple select box, it only happens the first time you install the mod, by default SMF sets an non existent setting as a boolean false but the code to show the multiple select HTML code needs an array, in this case, an empty array.  I vaguely remember I fixed that on 2.1 but I don't know if I ever pushed the fix or not, will take a look at it when I get back.

Anyway, heres the correct branch, if you enable the "Disable the deletion of users feature" option then the user list will always remain empty since the change I introduced will reset the user status back to normal instead of mark the user for deletion.

Do you mean that this error will not affect the mod function , neither the function off the all the site? Can you confirm this?

This error only appears when I go to the mod definitions, but still the mod will work fine, right? 

I am asking you this just to make sure if I understand right what you wrote. I confess that I'm a little worried because I really do not want members to be deleted. I have already "Disable the deletion of users"... but steel afraid that something goes bad...  :-[ :-[ 

Are you predicting to release a new version that do not contain this issue?

Thank you for your time, and congratulations for the mod  ;)

Note: I'm using SMF 2.0.8 and I didn't have any error in the mod installation

PS: sorry for my English...

Suki

No, that bug won't cause any issue with your forum nor it will automatically delete your members... as I explained before, this is an SMF bug and it has nothing to do with what this mod does....

It will go away as soon as you select 1 or more membergroups and click save.

No, I don't plan to release a new version because of this bug, every mod that uses that feature has the same issue, its a minor one and it doesn't even interfere with what the mod does, its also pretty easy to erase, all you have to do is select a membergruop which is something you will have to do anyway...

Isa.F

Quote from: Suki on August 12, 2014, 10:13:27 AM
No, that bug won't cause any issue with your forum nor it will automatically delete your members...

I'm so relieved, thank you!  :)

Quote from: Suki on August 12, 2014, 10:13:27 AM
as I explained before, this is an SMF bug and it has nothing to do with what this mod does....

It will go away as soon as you select 1 or more membergroups and click save.

No, I don't plan to release a new version because of this bug, every mod that uses that feature has the same issue, its a minor one and it doesn't even interfere with what the mod does, its also pretty easy to erase, all you have to do is select a membergruop which is something you will have to do anyway...

You mean that when I select a membergruop in this section of the mod General settings....:

Quoteselect the groups who will be affected by this mod
This is a multi-select box, only the users who have the selected groups as primary or secondary groups would be affected by the mod, the default admin group cannot be selected.

...I will not have this error again. Right?  :)

Ok! I think I understood!   :)

Thanks again!  :)

dougiefresh

I need to file a bug report about this mod.  My server is running PHP 5.4.33 and when I install your mod, it tells me this:
QuoteThis mod needs PHP 5.3 or greater. You will not be able to install/use this mod, contact your host and ask for a php upgrade.
Please fix this, as it is a mod that I really would like to have on my forum!  Thanks!

Padre gremista

Is possible send email for inactive users, without exclude users?
www.gremioemfoco.info - A comunidade gremista na internet.

Suki

Quote from: dougiefresh on November 02, 2014, 05:09:11 PM
I need to file a bug report about this mod.  My server is running PHP 5.4.33 and when I install your mod, it tells me this:
QuoteThis mod needs PHP 5.3 or greater. You will not be able to install/use this mod, contact your host and ask for a php upgrade.
Please fix this, as it is a mod that I really would like to have on my forum!  Thanks!

I use version_compare to determinate the php version.

If you are indeed using 5.4 then just uncomment the function check on install.php. Nothing to fix here.

Quote from: Padre gremista on November 02, 2014, 05:58:52 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't understand your question, if you mean using this mod to send mails to every user then no.

Padre gremista

Quote from: Suki on November 03, 2014, 08:20:01 AM
Quote from: dougiefresh on November 02, 2014, 05:09:11 PM

If you are indeed using 5.4 then just uncomment the function check on install.php. Nothing to fix here.

Quote from: Padre gremista on November 02, 2014, 05:58:52 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't understand your question, if you mean using this mod to send mails to every user then no.

My question is if the member inactive are erased. Sorry for my poor english.
www.gremioemfoco.info - A comunidade gremista na internet.

Suki

The mod has a setting to disable users deletion, if you use that setting, the mod will not delete any users, it will just keep on email them.

dougiefresh

Quote from: Suki on November 03, 2014, 08:20:01 AM

I did that, then I got an error in Sources/ScheduledTasks.php, where this code gave me errors:
// We gotta do a nasty thing here, we have to format a "FIND_IN_SET" for each selected group. Thanks to this we need PHP 5.3 or grater...
if (!empty($inGroups))
$additionalgroups = array_map(
function($k) {
return ' OR FIND_IN_SET('. $k .', additional_groups)';
}, $inGroups);

// For those who still want to use this but don't have php 5.3
/* if (!empty($inGroups))
foreach ($inGroups as $k)
$additionalgroups[] = ' OR FIND_IN_SET('. $k .', additional_groups)'; */

I found this weird....  I commented out the first part and uncommented the second and it appears to work....  (Haven't tested it live, though)

Question #1:  Why do the first part when the second part of this works just fine?  :o

Question #2:  If I'm running PHP 5.4.x (cause that's what my cPanel says I'm running), why would this generate errors?  This I don't understand....  ???

Advertisement: