News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

email Inactive Users

Started by Suki, April 19, 2014, 02:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

You can find the database entries by looking at the install.php file, which is included as part of the supplied modification.

It may confirm what you suspect.

romanos8

Thanks, mow I have a new problem. How can I remove all the old users marked for deletion?

Quote from: Shambles on November 29, 2016, 03:53:14 AM
You can find the database entries by looking at the install.php file, which is included as part of the supplied modification.

It may confirm what you suspect.

OtterlyAdorable

This mod is exactly what I'm looking for for my board, but it doesn't work on the most recent version of SMF.  Are there any plans for updating it?

Arantor

OtterlyAdorable

Quote from: Arantor on May 15, 2017, 11:18:22 AMHow can I install a mod that doesn't work in my SMF version?

..... My apologies.  Not only have I read this before when I was researching it, but I totally missed this line:

Note: While emulation is active, you might see a news item at the top of the page stating that a new version of SMF is available. You can disregard this. Only pay attention to such news items when version emulation is not activated.

akbora

Quote from: OtterlyAdorable on May 15, 2017, 11:01:44 AM
This mod is exactly what I'm looking for for my board, but it doesn't work on the most recent version of SMF.  Are there any plans for updating it?

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4086

This mod can help you if I am not mistaken
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

OtterlyAdorable

petewadey

Hi,

I would very much like to use this mod, but every time I try, I just can't set the groups? I get this error message

2: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given File:
/home/lrdvgak/public_html/smf/Themes/default/Admin.template.php
Line: 909

I have tried uninstalling and and reinstalling, but always the same.

Any help please?

Thanks
Pete

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

petewadey

Ok. I think I understand by this that it is an SMF bug, and once a group has been selected from the drop down menu and saved, it should go away?
This doesn't seem to be the case for me? It doesn't seem to be selecting a group at all? Also, do I click on each group and save individually to add more than one group? Where should I be able to see the groups selected?
Thanks for your help

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

From what I remember, from my own tests, you will need to select all groups at one go and save. And if I remember correctly, it works as expected even though it doesn't seem like it.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

petewadey

The only way to do that would be to highlight them, then save. Is that right? And if it has worked, surely I would have an email queue, as I have 500 odd members that would be sent the email?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yeah, I don't have this installed at the moment but I think it was just a case of ctrl+click selecting the groups, and saving.

About the queue, the mod runs on a schedule - you can see it in Admin -> Maintenance -> Scheduled tasks as "emailInactiveUsers" if I remember correctly.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Suki

That particular bug got fixed in a minor SMF release, can't remember the exact number, what version are you using?

As for the mail queue, this mod uses SMF's one, the amount of emails this mod will produce will be added to your current mail queue. You gotta be careful while tunning this mod, depending on your settings you can end up with a bunch of members ready to be deleted or none. It also doesn't automatically delete members, you need to approve their deletion first.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

petewadey

Hi Suki,
Great mod, and I'm very keen to get it working. I'm running SMF 2.0.15 and the standard on board SMF mail queue.
Curiously, when I uninstalled and deleted the mod, then reinstalled froma fresh upload, my original setting were still in place??

Suki

Whats the exact line you got in your admin.template file?

Should look something like this one:

<option value="', $option[0], '"', (!empty($config_var['value']) && ($option[0] == $config_var['value'] || (!empty($config_var['multiple']) && in_array($option[0], $config_var['value']))) ? ' selected' : ''), '>', $option[1], '</option>';

Yes, the settings will still be there, I rarely offer an option to delete them unless I build my own tables.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

petewadey

Quote from: Suki on January 25, 2018, 11:24:37 AM
Whats the exact line you got in your admin.template file?

Should look something like this one:

<option value="', $option[0], '"', (!empty($config_var['value']) && ($option[0] == $config_var['value'] || (!empty($config_var['multiple']) && in_array($option[0], $config_var['value']))) ? ' selected' : ''), '>', $option[1], '</option>';

Sorry, where would I find this?

petewadey

Ok found it.
Reads

<option value="', $option[0], '"', (($option[0] == $config_var['value'] || (!empty($config_var['multiple']) && in_array($option[0], $config_var['value']))) ? ' selected="selected"' : ''), '>', $option[1], '</option>';

petewadey

Also, I notice my mail queue is backing up and shows page not found when I try to send. If i uninstall this mod, the post goes ok??

Suki

Is there an error in your error log?

Advertisement: