News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

White screen on a certain topic ID

Started by ryan_dwight, April 20, 2014, 02:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryan_dwight

This happened before but I though it was a random error and I don't gound any on the error log which I think is related to this.

First it happened in a more than 20 pages topic and if you click on the last page its only white screen so no one can reply on that topic so what i did was to split the last reply by selecting a specific reply then split including all after that reply then delete that newly splitted topic on the list view.

But today some members reported 2 topics that I experienced a white screen.

I thought it is not related to the white screen on admin page because I already changed the memory on that.

99 Cents

When you clicked on the admin page maybe that was why it happened!

Doesn't work for all boards. If you changed the setting in your ACP then switch it back.

margarett

It is related to that, parse_bbc and 2.0.7, unfortunately 

You can only increase available memory in php.ini, unfortunately...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ryan_dwight

Thanks for the reply
Quote from: 99 Cents on April 20, 2014, 02:41:14 PM
When you clicked on the admin page maybe that was why it happened!

Doesn't work for all boards. If you changed the setting in your ACP then switch it back.
Im not sure because it is random, I only knew because someone reported me. what is ACP pardon me Im not xpert on this.
Quote from: margarett on April 20, 2014, 02:53:02 PM
It is related to that, parse_bbc and 2.0.7, unfortunately 

You can only increase available memory in php.ini, unfortunately...
Do you mean this is related to the white screen on admin page? do you suggest that I should change the available memory in php.ini? if that's the case can you point me to where and how can I do that. I guess php.ini is not viewable on filezilla.

thanks

margarett

It isn't... If you're in a shared host, you have no way to change it...

I was testing it locally and *maybe* this works for you...

Sources/Display.php, find
// Run BBC interpreter on the message.
$message['body'] = parse_bbc($message['body'], $message['smileys_enabled'], $message['id_msg']);

Add BEFORE
@ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');
If your host allows the ini_set instruction, this should overcome your memory issue. You might even try to increase that 128M to a bigger value if you still have problems.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ryan_dwight

thanks for the code.

Is this supposed to open the topic that has a white screen before or this will solve only future issues?

Im not on shared host

edit: yeah that solves the problem

thanks a lot you're awesome

margarett

Advertisement: