News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[concept] UrbanLife

Started by Bloc, April 26, 2014, 06:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Building Bootstrap into SMF is a pain in the crotch, having tried it. It's marginally better in 2.1 but not a lot.

JBlaze

Quote from: ‽ on August 07, 2014, 05:53:07 PM
Building Bootstrap into SMF is a pain in the crotch, having tried it. It's marginally better in 2.1 but not a lot.

True. I tried it when attempting to make a more responsive/mobile-friendly theme for SMF a while back. But, if you can do it, all the tools are there to make designing things a breeze.

The main problem is rewriting all SMF templates to fit the Bootstrap layout. The easy part is deleting SMF's default CSS :P
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

aksal

Bjorn, I'm rude with you not because I hate you or have something personally with you, or because you abandoned these projects, but because is wrong, very wrong how you abandon your projects and promises you make. Trust me, is not ok. You can not make promises (oh yes you promised something everytime you presented something new) and then disappear, and come again as it was nothing between. And this not once or twice, but a few times year after year. This is wrong. I don't know how it is for you personally or  your folk in Norway, but in the rest of the world this kind of acting is arrogant and disrespectful. You can go with - "Peace out sucker, I don't want anymore" - come again with - "Hey, Hi, I'm here. Let's try it again"  - This is fine. But you can't just go, and come as it was nothing. This is not cool. And if many here don't tell you this, is because they see you as weirdo or odd. - "this is bloc, he goes and comes....".
Maybe I'm telling something that you don't understand, just as americans don't understand that their bread is sweet and tastes like cake. Or telling Sheldon Cooper he is a social idiot. But I have to try.

Second, you are a missed opportunity for SMF. The only innovative guy here. You have done things alone, when the SMF staffers take years for adding no features at all. And here you are wrong again because you work alone. But you can't do something awesome alone. You can start it, but can't finish, because it is impossible. There are so many folks here who would be happy to work with you, for your concepts and ideas. Let the others be part of you projects.

And, being rude with you maybe will help you this time finish what have started. Let me be wrong.  ;)

Arantor

Quotewhen the SMF staffers take years for adding no features at all.

I resent that remark, very strongly, because I totally didn't add thousands upon thousands of lines of code to 2.1 adding new features or anything.

There are more kinds of innovation than just in theming.

Herman's Mixen

Askal people come and go when they want that or need a break, in other words its a showcase nothing more than that, bloc shows the rest what he is working on and he never said he would release it in general to the public....

If you have some problems with that, its on YOU !!
Do not post to topics if your not like the idea period.

Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Bloc

For those that wonder if this concept will be converted to a proper theme: it will. But it will not be for SMF, rather a theme for my on-going project Protendo, a fork of SMF 2.0. Updates about that will be posted as I finish it up. There is existing code for SMF 2.0 but it will be too much work to support such a theme within SMF. Protendo doesn't have modding capability at all so its less of an problem there.

Further more, any new discussions around my person in this topic will be ignored.

Last, big thanks to those that commented on the concept so far! :)

Akyhne

Quote from: aksal on August 05, 2014, 02:33:19 AM
No guys, pointless is what you are doing here. What's the point o presenting ideas for years and never never finish them? It seems that you Bloc present things here, just because you love or need compliments from your SMF-friends, need to hear how good you are....in Mock-ups.

SMF used to be innovative and modern, but this 10 years ago. It's a shame that this forum is stuck in time with no perspective. You don't even have a mobile theme or social integration, when this things are so important,  since 5 years now. And this is a betrayal to this community. Instead you do nothing but supportion each athers pointless ideas (or lack of ideas). - "oh great...this is such a super idea...." - this is what you are doing here.

And no, I don't need anything from you, just can't see anymore this kind of things in a community i used to love.
OFFTOPIC: I kind of agree, SMF is stuck in time. However don't blame Bloc, blame the team.

margarett

Dig out a month-old topic for that? Yay...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Antes

Hmm... I'll prepare Curve2 for SMF 2.0 immediately and put inside SMF 2.0.9... or or click here

Herman's Mixen

hmmm... lol... put it in the first public beta (SMF 1.0) ...

or do not release at all just for the wankers / winers ...

people do what people do... still nice showcase goodluck all ;)

Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Boban ツ

Bloc

goutm

So... When this theme will be available?

motosimak

When the approximate timing of the release of a steep template?

Bloc

Quote from: goutm on November 01, 2014, 12:48:56 PM
So... When this theme will be available?
Quote from: motosimak on November 06, 2014, 04:06:07 AM
When the approximate timing of the release of a steep template?

Uhm, not sure what a "steep template" is, but I guess you are asking for the same thing, and the answer is: no idea.

I'll only work on things I feel inspired to do, and right now UrbanLife isn't one of them.

Alpay

Do you think the progress to this theme? :)

Advertisement: