News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Restored SMF Files & Database but issue with Avatars

Started by ASHA09, April 19, 2014, 10:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASHA09

Hi All, I have moved my SMF to a new host and domain... restored SMF files and database. Everything is working perfectly now, except for the avatars. I have used the repair_settings.php to reconfigure the new paths for everything but still having issues. The weird thing is me, the other admin and 2 other members avatars are showing up correctly.

Any help will be great!

Thanks!

Sir Osis of Liver

If you backed up your forum files with FileZilla, and did not set transfer type to binary, your attachments may be buggered.  Linked and gallery avatars will still work, but uploaded avatars go into /attachments directory with hashed filenames, and default FZ settings will d/l them as ascii, and they'll be corrupt.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

ASHA09

Hi Krash, thank you for your reply. I used the Backup facility in CPanel to backup the home directory. It doesnt give me a option of to do binary, it just backups.

After that I also Compressed (Zip) the avatar and attachment director, downloaded it and restored on new new host. I have restored the avatar director and still not working correctly.

I am trying Filezilla now and changed the transfer type to binary. Hopefully this works.

Advertisement: