• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

@mention members

Started by Dragooon, May 02, 2014, 01:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gluz

Quote from: BA on May 09, 2014, 05:23:32 AM
Quote from: Dragooon on May 09, 2014, 03:09:29 AM
More information? What did not work? Is it not mentioning? If so, do you have the permissions set?




You should check in Admin > Permissions > Any group that you want to be able to mention members.

QuoteThink in spanish, habla en inglés.

strano

Quote from: Dragooon on May 09, 2014, 01:58:51 PM
Quote from: strano on May 09, 2014, 01:50:06 PM
I've intstalled the 1.1.1 but the problems persist :(
Which?
Active suggestions still didn't work  :-\

Also with tapatalk the tag isn't recognised.

Dragooon

Quote from: strano on May 10, 2014, 05:35:53 AM
Quote from: Dragooon on May 09, 2014, 01:58:51 PM
Quote from: strano on May 09, 2014, 01:50:06 PM
I've intstalled the 1.1.1 but the problems persist :(
Which?
Active suggestions still didn't work  :-\

Also with tapatalk the tag isn't recognised.
Tapatalk uses it's own routing and models for handling posts, so I'd need to modify their files themselves. Can you PM me FTP access to your site?

Alpay

Hello,
At the end of a beautiful mod :)

I'm testing on a few sites, E mail does not work..
Email send nice, but functions like a personal message, do you think?

Dragooon

Quote from: Alpay on May 10, 2014, 06:42:13 AM
Hello,
At the end of a beautiful mod :)

I'm testing on a few sites, E mail does not work..
Email send nice, but functions like a personal message, do you think?

Does email work or it is not sending e-mails? Make sure it's enabled in Profile > Mentions. I'll take a look at PMs later

Alpay

Ah.. ok sorry ^^
Thank you for everything and modification update/writting ^^

Regards.

ryan_dwight

I just installed this and it works but how to setup all members to received notification via email?

Dragooon

Quote from: ryan_dwight on May 10, 2014, 07:27:15 AM
I just installed this and it works but how to setup all members to received notification via email?
Update to 1.1.2 and tick the checkbox to enable for existing members. Or run this query
UPDATE smf_members SET email_mentions = 1
Replace smf_ with your prefix

Alpay

@Dragooon;
  Sites that use JavaScript library you have any suggestions for me?

  mention.js ;
  if (typeof iframe[0] != 'undefined')

  mention.js ;
  var $ used;
  var $x   
   
  changed?

Dragooon

Quote from: Alpay on May 10, 2014, 10:23:37 AM
@Dragooon;
  Sites that use JavaScript library you have any suggestions for me?

  mention.js ;
  if (typeof iframe[0] != 'undefined')

  mention.js ;
  var $ used;
  var $x   
   
  changed?
Uhm I'm not sure what you're asking, what library are you using? Can I have a link to your site (and a test account)

Badboy

Thx for the mod. But suggestions both not working with turkish characters (using utf8) and with spaced usernames (like @bad boy).
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Dragooon

Suggestions with spaced usernames are tough to handle, I'll take a look at UTF-8 compatibility later

Badboy

Ok thx. Do you have any plan about suggestions on quick modify (display page)?
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

NoPasaran

for example


user name nopasaran


i write @nop , forum members show its good..


but user name [nopasaran]


i write @[ , forum members does not show


:)


understand me   ;D  ;D
kralkartal.net SMF 2.0.8

Dragooon

Quote from: Badboy on May 10, 2014, 03:00:25 PM
Ok thx. Do you have any plan about suggestions on quick modify (display page)?
It should already be working

Quote from: NoPasaran on May 10, 2014, 04:41:13 PM
for example


user name nopasaran


i write @nop , forum members show its good..


but user name [nopasaran]


i write @[ , forum members does not show


:)


understand me   ;D  ;D
It will work but it will not show suggestions if the names start without an alphabet

iorkara

So I finally got round to installing this Mod (1.1.2). It works flawlessly.

Thank you for this amazing Mod, great work!

b.williams127

Hi, I have the mod "SCEditor4Smf" installed, which changes the default post editor and quick reply editor. The active suggestions are not showing up. Is there a way to get around this? I guess its because I am not using the default editor.

Badboy

"Undefined index: approved" error on log when modify a post which contain mentions ;)

File Subs-Post.php.
Code (LINE) Select
mentions_process_store($msgOptions['mentions'], $msgOptions['id'], $msgOptions['subject'], $msgOptions['approved']);

Edit: No problem with @Badboy, just problem when we use like @Badboy
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Alex_Ita

another problem...

after mention, forum sends two email to notice users.

Any suggest?

Dragooon

Quote from: Alex_Ita on May 11, 2014, 03:08:13 PM
another problem...

after mention, forum sends two email to notice users.

Any suggest?
Attach Subs-Posts.php here

Quote from: Badboy on May 11, 2014, 10:49:28 AM
"Undefined index: approved" error on log when modify a post which contain mentions ;)

File Subs-Post.php.
Code (LINE) Select
mentions_process_store($msgOptions['mentions'], $msgOptions['id'], $msgOptions['subject'], $msgOptions['approved']);

Edit: No problem with @Badboy, just problem when we use like @Badboy
Thanks, is post moderation disabled on your forum?

Advertisement: