@mention members

Started by Dragooon, May 02, 2014, 01:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kesulin

hi everyone,

is the download at the first post updated? Or i must fix all the last code manually?

GL700Wing

Quote from: kesulin on March 05, 2021, 04:18:14 AM
hi everyone,

is the download at the first post updated? Or i must fix all the last code manually?
The mod package download at the first post has not been updated since May 2014 (ie, almost 7 years ago) so you'll need to read through all the posts in this topic and apply the fixes/changes you want/need.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

kesulin

nobody can sent me this mod updated?

shadav

Quote from: kesulin on March 05, 2021, 11:41:13 AM
nobody can sent me this mod updated?
not without the permission of the mod creator

shadav

still getting these warnings
Notice: Undefined index: title in /Sources/Mentions.php on line 45

line 45
$menu_buttons['profile']['title'] .=  (!empty($user_settings['unread_mentions']) ? ' [' . $user_settings['unread_mentions'] . ']' : '');

GL700Wing

Quote from: shadav on March 17, 2021, 03:13:31 AM
still getting these warnings
Notice: Undefined index: title in /Sources/Mentions.php on line 45

line 45
$menu_buttons['profile']['title'] .=  (!empty($user_settings['unread_mentions']) ? ' [' . $user_settings['unread_mentions'] . ']' : '');
I've been using this mod on my forums for years and fortunately I haven't ever had this error.

However, while investigating this issue for you this evening I discovered that all line 45 does is also add the count for the number of unread mentions to the top-level 'Profile' menu (it's already added to the actual 'Mentions' menu by line 41) and if you don't mind it not *also* being there you can simply comment out line 45 (it won't affect your ability to uninstall the mod later as the file ./Sources/Mentions.php gets deleted when the mod is uninstalled).

Maybe not the answer you were looking for but it is a workaround ...

shadav

thank you...if it doesn't mess up the function of the mod  :P
hm....seeing as I've moved my profile menu into a user menu, I really don't need that option anyways

thank you for looking into it, now no more notice warnings on my sites....  :laugh: now to work on the error logs  :P

GL700Wing

Quote from: shadav on March 17, 2021, 01:55:09 PM
thank you...if it doesn't mess up the function of the mod  :P
You're welcome!

hm....seeing as I've moved my profile menu into a user menu, I really don't need that option anyways
That's probably why you were getting the error message ...

shadav

I was getting the error before then in my logs but that might be why now it was showing as a notice in the header of the site visible to all...hm then again no because it hadn't shown before, only after changing hosts....maybe the other host was suppressing the errors  ???
oh well :D thank you for helping fix it

aegersz

Will there be a SMF 2.1 version of this Mentions mod or is there similar functionality in SMF 2.1 ?

(if so, what is it ?)
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

GL700Wing

Quote from: aegersz on May 03, 2021, 04:58:03 AM
Will there be a SMF 2.1 version of this Mentions mod or is there similar functionality in SMF 2.1 ?

(if so, what is it ?)
Mentions is a standard feature in SMF 2.1 ...

aegersz

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

... but how does it work ?

I have no notification like the mod - is that right ? How do I see the notifications and is there an email ?

Speed King

Quote from: aegersz on May 03, 2021, 10:59:45 AM
... but how does it work ?

I have no notification like the mod - is that right ? How do I see the notifications and is there an email ?

Open Alerts => Settings window, then check 'Receive alert' or 'Receive e-mail' right to  'When my @name is mentioned in a post'

aegersz

Thanks but I am not getting any alerts (as is the default setting) or emails when I select it (on SMF 2.1 RC3)

aegersz

Known bugs in 2.1 RC3. TBH, I preferred this mod over the RC3 version.

I think I will stick with 2.0.n for a fair while.

jsx

@GL700Wing

Hi. I implemented this patch and now everything is fine. Thank you for your help.

GL700Wing

Quote from: jsx on May 29, 2021, 05:57:29 AM
@GL700Wing

Hi. I implemented this patch and now everything is fine. Thank you for your help.
Thanks for letting me know and you're welcome.

Roub1k

Good day everyone. I installed the mod on SMF v2.0.8 ( SMF2.1 mention notifications not working for me ) but there are no notifications. Settings are ok, i also implement the above patch as jsx mentioned but still nothing.

Any help?

landyvlad

I am currently using this mod.

Presumably the mentions are held in the database.

When upgrading from 2.0.19 to 2.1.0 (full upgrade package) is it possible to carry over the mentions to the new forum? (Given that it's a core feature of the 2.1.x series, not a mod)

If so, how would I go about doing so please?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: