News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

@mention members

Started by Dragooon, May 02, 2014, 01:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badboy

No, post moderation is enabled in core settings.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Alex_Ita

Dragooon

Quote from: Alex_Ita on May 11, 2014, 03:19:35 PM
here you are
You had modification's changes applied twice, I've cleaned it up. Replace the file with the attached one

Dragooon

Quote from: Badboy on May 11, 2014, 03:19:12 PM
No, post moderation is enabled in core settings.
That's strange, is it when a post is posted or modified/

Badboy

Dragooon

Ah okay, find both instances of
mentions_process_store($msgOptions['mentions'], $msgOptions['id'], $msgOptions['subject'], $msgOptions['approved']);
and replace them with
mentions_process_store($msgOptions['mentions'], $msgOptions['id'], $msgOptions['subject'], isset($msgOptions['approved']) ? $msgOptions['approved'] : 1);
in Subs-Post.php

Alex_Ita

Thank you Dragooon. A lot of thanks.

You're very kind.

Your file works fine.

Badboy

Quote from: Dragooon on May 11, 2014, 03:40:04 PM
Ah okay, find both instances of
mentions_process_store($msgOptions['mentions'], $msgOptions['id'], $msgOptions['subject'], $msgOptions['approved']);
and replace them with
mentions_process_store($msgOptions['mentions'], $msgOptions['id'], $msgOptions['subject'], isset($msgOptions['approved']) ? $msgOptions['approved'] : 1);
in Subs-Post.php
Thx works.

JustOneOldMan

Quick question.  Just downloaded and installed the mod.  Installation went well, and when I use the @ <username> in a post it comes up with name suggestions fine.  Everything looks good, except I don't see any notifications anywhere.  I'm using my admin login and a test login to test it.

I don't have the email notifications enabled, but I'm not seeing anything related in the "Profile" menu dropdown as shown in the mod page images, nor is there a number beside the menu item.  I do have Permissions set, number of days to delete mentions, and activated the scheduled task.

Apparently I'm missing something, though.  It appears to be working, but no notifications.  I do have other mods installed.  Looks like just the mod I need, any thoughts would be appreciated...

SMF 2.0.7
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing...

OCJ

Installed the latest version - works ok.

@username is linked to profile.
I can see the mention menu tab in the profile.
The email notifications are working.

But
I can't get any drop down auto-selection though in the message editor.
Perhaps another mod Im using?

Do the javascript files need manually uploading to custom themes?

1.    Register Redirect    1.0    
2.    Edit All Message Titles    0.1.1    
3.    BoardColor    V1    
4.    Remove "Last edit" mod    0.2.5    
5.    Simple Hide BBC - Hide the Goodies from Lurkers    1.0    
6.    Menu Editor Lite    1.0.5    
7.    Ohara YouTube Embed    1.2    
8.    Akismet Spam Blocking    1.2    
9.    Look But No Read    1.3    
10.    Auto Lock Old Topics    2.0    
11.    Advanced Language Menu    3.0.1    
12.    Post Template Mod    0.1.3    
13.    FancyBox 4 SMF    0.5    
14.    Optimus Brave    1.8.7    
15.    Admin Notepad    2.0.2    
16.    Hide ip stuff for users    1.04    
17.    Remove Post Count    1.0.2    
18.    Topic Descriptions    1.3    
19.    Send Locked Topics To Bottom    1.0    
20.    SimpleColorizer    1.1    
21.    Email Template Editor    1.0
22.    Disable to send EMail with Forum-System for Users lower than Admin    1.0    
23.    PM Warning    1.0    
24.    Order Custom Profile Fields    1.1.1    
25.    Scrolling Buttons    0.3    
26.    Users Online Today    2.0.3    
27.    Topic Author    0.1    
28.    @mention members    1.1.2    
29.    SimplePortal    2.3.5    
30.    Avatar on Member List    2.0    
31.    Force Topic Read On Login Mod    2.1    
32.    MetaTags Modification    2.0.2    
33.    mp notification style    v0.2    
34.    Drafts    2.0.5    
35.    Expire Attachments mod    1.0

bfeist

Quote from: iorkara on May 10, 2014, 08:25:57 PM
So I finally got round to installing this Mod (1.1.2). It works flawlessly.

Thank you for this amazing Mod, great work!

+1! Great mod. The only part that caught me out was that I needed to allow mentions within permissions for non-administrators before it would work for all users.

ileami

Great Mod,
can I show the mention notify on upper section?
I've tried with this code
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a></li><li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile;area=mentions">', $txt['mentions'] . (!empty($user_settings['unread_mentions']) ? ' [' . $user_settings['unread_mentions'] . ']' : ''), '</a></li>'
but It shows only Mention link, not number of unread mention.
Any suggestion?
Thanks,
Lia

Badboy

@ileami open index.template.php

In addition to your code;

Code (FIND) Select
function template_body_above()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;

Code (REPLACE) Select
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings, $user_settings;

b.williams127

Another great feature would be to somehow integrate with eNotify  :)

ileami

Quote from: Badboy on May 12, 2014, 01:28:02 PM
@ileami open index.template.php

In addition to your code;

Code (FIND) Select
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;

Code (REPLACE) Select
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings, $user_settings;

It Works! Great and thank You so much Badboy  :) :) :)

JustOneOldMan

I've tried this on three of my forums now (all 2.0.7) and all do the same thing.  Everything installs correctly, permissions set, works as it should in post (name suggestions come up), but I still can't see any indication anywhere that there has been a mention.

I'm sure after three installs on different forums with different mods installed and getting the same results it must be something I'm missing or doing wrong, but I can't see what.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...
A computer once beat me at chess, but as it turns out it was no match for me at kickboxing...

Dragooon

Quote from: JustOneOldMan on May 12, 2014, 03:39:51 PM
I've tried this on three of my forums now (all 2.0.7) and all do the same thing.  Everything installs correctly, permissions set, works as it should in post (name suggestions come up), but I still can't see any indication anywhere that there has been a mention.

I'm sure after three installs on different forums with different mods installed and getting the same results it must be something I'm missing or doing wrong, but I can't see what.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...
Which language are you using? Profile -> Mentions is where it should show the mentions and you cannot mention yourself

JustOneOldMan

Thanks, Dragoon.  I'm using myself and a test member to test it.  But I'm not seeing anything under "Profile" except the standard stuff.  And no indication anywhere there was a mention.

Tested it with a couple members too, and they're not seeing anything either.  Their names come up as I start to type in the post fine, but after posting none of us are seeing anything...

lurkalot

Quote from: JustOneOldMan on May 12, 2014, 03:39:51 PM

Do you have the Ultimate Profile mod installed on all of them?  By the way I just mentioned you, (I think) Joom?

JustOneOldMan

Yes I do, lurk.  Figured you were somebody from here. :P

Have UP installed on all of them...

Advertisement: