@mention members

Started by Dragooon, May 02, 2014, 01:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beawoodget

Yes, but no number besides Profile for number of mentions for me
and no mail sent (user is set with valid email, mention notification by email is checked, and user can be emailed by other members)

Dragooon

Quote from: beawoodget on May 14, 2014, 07:26:41 AM
and no mail sent (user is set with valid email, mention notification by email is checked, and user can be emailed by other members)
Does it show up in Profile > Mentions? If so, can you try again? Make sure it's a different user and he/she has permission to mention other members

beawoodget

Quote from: Dragooon on May 14, 2014, 07:28:44 AM
Quote from: beawoodget on May 14, 2014, 07:26:41 AM
Does it show up in Profile > Mentions? If so, can you try again? Make sure it's a different user and he/she has permission to mention other members

Yes it shows up in the list when clicking on mention submenu. But still no number in the menu.
Still no mail sent and no suggestion.
User has permission to mention other members.
Also tried with admin account and another user. 

Dragooon

Which mods do you have installed/

beawoodget

Quote from: Dragooon on May 14, 2014, 10:13:11 AM
Which mods do you have installed/

My mods: @mention members
and: Share This Topic, Adk Portal, Vimeo Embedder BBC Mod, Advanced Reputation System, Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC5/Final Plugin, Progress Bar BBCode (CSS3 version), Aeva Media

mtron

Hello Dragooon!

Thanks for releasing this mod. I really look forward to getting this great stuff to work. The 'Mention' menu item shows up in the Profile menu but the Table is not populated with the mentions. (user permissions for members set).

My SMF Version is 2.0.7 with these mods:
1. Drafts 2.0.2 
2. SimplePortal 2.3.5 
3. Float BBCODE 1.0.2 
4. Highlight Search Keywords 1.24 
5. SMFPacks Shoutbox 1.0.4 
6. Disable 'last edit by...' for Administrators 1.9 
7. Hide ip stuff for users 1.04 
8. Registered Links 3.0 
9. EU Cookie 1.1 
10. Simple Youtube Video Embedder/BBC 1.1 
11. Wikipedia BBC 1.0.1 
12. My Posts SMF2 1.1 
13. Simple Image Upload 1.4.0 
14. Resize Attached Images 2.4.1 
15. Forum Firewall 1.1.6 
16. KeyCAPTCHA for SMF 2.7 
17. Enhanced PM Popup 1.0.1 
18. SMF 2.0.7 Update 1.0 
19. Tapatalk SMF 2.0 Plugin 3.9.3 
20. Quick Spoiler 0.9.4 
21. @mention members 1.1.2

Do you have any idea which mod might cause the malfunction?

Thanks!

Dragooon

How are you creating the post? Are suggestions working? How are you mentioning the user?

mtron

Created as admin a new post in a existing topic mentioning another fellow admin. Suggestions show up and work. I then asked my mate to mention me in a post but neither me nor him got a line in the 'Profile - Mentions' Menu item.

EDIT: Sorry, it seems the problem is with some letters in the username of my mate. I just tried the mention with another user and suddenly it worked. The problematic Username is: Læncer
The letter 'æ' is defined in ISO-8859-1 (Pre-UTF-8 Middle European Latin Character set) hxxp:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86 [nonactive]

FrizzleFried

My members have been messing around again.  One posted the following (see attachment).  Every one of those names are correct names of users on my forum.  Why didn't they ALL become mentions?   Odd,  eh?

Also notice that we have a member named TOK and one named TOKEN420... and that it mentioned @TOK twice... leaving the "EN420" un-linked.... and unmentioned.

Dragooon

QuoteMy members have been messing around again.  One posted the following (see attachment).  Every one of those names are correct names of users on my forum.  Why didn't they ALL become mentions?   Odd,  eh?
Can all of them see the board the member posted that in?

ryan_dwight

Quote from: Dragooon on May 20, 2014, 11:12:49 AM
QuoteMy members have been messing around again.  One posted the following (see attachment).  Every one of those names are correct names of users on my forum.  Why didn't they ALL become mentions?   Odd,  eh?
this answers my question. Because i tested on a board exclusive for staff. But still the email notification doesnt function.

Dragooon

Quote from: ryan_dwight on May 20, 2014, 11:21:21 AM
this answers my question. Because i tested on a board exclusive for staff. But still the email notification doesnt function.
Do the normal forum e-mails such as PM notifications function?

FrizzleFried

Yes.

FrizzleFried

Also note that @FrizzleFried is unmentioned (unlinked)... I know if you mention just @FrizzleFried it works.... but for some reason it didn't in that post.

Dragooon

Quote from: FrizzleFried on May 20, 2014, 12:30:20 PM
Also note that @FrizzleFried is unmentioned (unlinked)... I know if you mention just @FrizzleFried it works.... but for some reason it didn't in that post.
Man your members are some of the biggest trolls I've seen. Are you sure they can see the board? Can you PM me the post's text?

FrizzleFried

Quote from: Dragooon on May 20, 2014, 12:37:50 PM
Man your members are some of the biggest trolls I've seen. Are you sure they can see the board? Can you PM me the post's text?

100% positive.  It's in the general forum... which everyone can see.

Your account is still active on my board if you want to check it out.... it's in the general forum titled "Dr. Nick" ...

I can paste the contents of the post if you want... I looked and the ones that are links have the tags... the ones that don't don't.... and the whole post consists of just the image tag + all the mentions.  That is it.

PS: My forum is an off-shoot of another because they're too "uptight" at the other forum.  Essentially it's a "locker room" mentality ... a fun place to screw around.

So yeah... we're all a bunch of trolls... but we smile a lot.  The "motto" of the place is "NOT UNFUN".

:)

Dragooon

Quote from: FrizzleFried on May 20, 2014, 12:40:53 PM

Your account is still active on my board if you want to check it out.... it's in the general forum titled "Dr. Nick" ...

I can paste the contents of the post if you want... I looked and the ones that are links have the tags... the ones that don't don't.... and the whole post consists of just the image tag + all the mentions.  That is it.

Are you sure he was tagging their display names (by which they go around in the forum)?

FrizzleFried

Quote from: Dragooon on May 20, 2014, 12:42:08 PM

Are you sure he was tagging their display names (by which they go around in the forum)?

100%  Look... even my name is tagged but not mentioned.  We don't use alternative names on the forum.

Dragooon

Quote from: FrizzleFried on May 20, 2014, 12:43:03 PM
Quote from: Dragooon on May 20, 2014, 12:42:08 PM

100%  Look... even my name is tagged but not mentioned.  We don't use alternative names on the forum.
Can't you, like, ban this guy or something? :P. I'll take a look

FrizzleFried

The guy who posted this one is one of my MODERATORS...

:D

Advertisement: