zapiy

Is ther no longer any support for this?
www.maturevideogamer.co.uk
www.consoleplanet.co.uk
www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

PokémonS

Quote from: PokémonS on January 14, 2015, 03:18:32 PM
Great mod, thanks! 'w'
Just a little wish. Just like Messages (x), I want Profle (x) and Mentions (x) gets bold please. 'w'

Still looking for this. 'w'
きみと手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
ゼロからはじめよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう
みんな手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
力を合わせよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう

Gluz

I noticed that when a user gets a lot of mentions and it's paginated the base url of the mentions pages are wrong, and find the problem in /Sources/mentions.php:

Original:
// Set the options for the list component.
$listOptions = array(
'id' => 'mentions_list',
'title' => sprintf($txt['mentions_profile_title'], $context['member']['name']),
'items_per_page' => 20,
'base_href' => $scripturl . '?action=profile;area=tracking;sa=user;u=' . $memID,
'default_sort_col' => 'time',
'get_items' => array(
'function' => 'list_getMentions',
'params' => array(
'lm.id_mentioned = {int:current_member}',
array('current_member' => $memID),
),
),

Fixed:
// Set the options for the list component.
$listOptions = array(
'id' => 'mentions_list',
'title' => sprintf($txt['mentions_profile_title'], $context['member']['name']),
'items_per_page' => 20,
'base_href' => $scripturl . '?action=profile;area=mentions;u=' . $memID,
'default_sort_col' => 'time',
'get_items' => array(
'function' => 'list_getMentions',
'params' => array(
'lm.id_mentioned = {int:current_member}',
array('current_member' => $memID),
),
),

Just notice that the area is not tracking, is mentions and that way the pagination in mentions can be accessible.

Kimmie

Found a bug. If you have more than one page of mentions on your profile you cannot click on page 2 or 3, etc. It takes you to "track user". You can see where it is linking me to when I hover my mouse over page 3. Page 2 is the same only it says start = 20

margarett

@Kimmie, the fix is the post before yours...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kimmie

Quote from: margarett on March 06, 2015, 07:29:37 AM

Thanks :). I was in a hurry when I posted mine so I was in and out

EDIT: Now I have another problem. Pages 2 and 3 are now blank

I copied and pasted his code, as you can see here:

Gwenwyfar

Brazilian Portuguese translation attached here.

And a suggestion: This mod becomes much more useful if you don't have the @ in the post. This way you could write a normal phrase with the name and have a mention in it, and also use the @ if you want to :)
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Sorunome

Suggestion: don't have @mentions parse inside of [code] tags

TLMB

Just a quick...

THANK YOU!

This mod rocks.

ashter

while using this mod @mentions,
we have encounted a problem with topics not displaying, when an existing topic is cliked on it just displays a blank white page,
the same effect also applies to trying to create a new topic too,

the error message for this is, '"fatal error: Call to undefined function mentions_post_scripts() in /mnt/vol4/home/f/l/flygil/public_html/flygility/Sources/Display.php on line 70"

the relevant part of the sources/display.php

70  mentions_post_scripts();
71 // What are you gonna display if these are empty?!
72 if (empty($topic))
73 fatal_lang_error('no_board', false);

(full display.php script attached)

which points to it being related to the plugin "@mentions"
and indeed, when this plugin was unistalled everything worked fine.

it was working ok, but suddenly started giving the error mentioined above,
no changes were made to any scripts or mods etc before the errors started,

the only thing i can track down is to one member adding a mention to an existing post?

my question is, what needs changing in order for this mod to work ?

using smf 2.09

with these mods added

1.    RSS Feed Icon    1.1    
2.    @mention members 1.1.2    
3.    httpBL    2.5.1    
4.    InLine Attachments    
5.    SMF Quiz    1.1.0    
6.    List Of Users In Topic or Board 1.1    
7.    Stop Forum Spam    1.0    
8.    Add Social Media Icons To Profiles  1.2.0    
9.    Board Icons    1.0    
10.    video bbc   
11.    SimplePortal    2.3.6    
12.    Custom Copyright    1.0.4    
13.    Hide Content    1.1.3
14.    iurl Bbc [iurl]    1.0    
15.    FixCopy    2.0    
16.    Socialize    1.8    
17.    Remove SMF Logo    1.4    
18.    FlowPlayer    1.2    
19.    ENotify    2.0.2    
20.    OS & Browser Detection 1.5    
21.    Drafts    2.1    
22.    Default Avatar    2.3    
23.    SMF Gallery Pro    7.0.2    
24.    Users Online Today    2.1    
25.    URL Popup    1.0.2    
26.    Super Simple Thread Tags    1.1a    
27.    6 Custom buttons / tabs with Sub Menus (4) 0.5    
28.    Like Posts    2.0.3    
29.    Add Favicon.ico Support 1.101    
30.    Disable Right Click    4.1.2    
31.    Add Facebook Like, Tweet, and Google +1 1.0.3a    
32.    SMF Arcade    2.6    
33.    Do not enter    1.1

Gwenwyfar

I can confirm this happens, though I haven't seen it myself, I've had a member say a specific topic (with many mentions) sometimes opens a blank page. The only mod I have in common with ashter besides mentions is Drafts, too, and mentions is my most recently installed one.

I've been having the same topic lock itself randomly, but I'm not sure yet if its related.

margarett

@Fortytwo: You need to check your PHP error logs. It might happen that your available memory for PHP is exhausted.

Although I remember testing this MOD when it was submitted and posted like 100+ mentions

@ashter: was the MOD correctly installed? It seems to me that there is something missing, as you have an undefined function that the MOD clearly should add...

* margarett finds funny the usage of the @mentions here ehehehehe

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ashter

Quote from: margarett on April 01, 2015, 10:15:11 AM
@Fortytwo: You need to check your PHP error logs. It might happen that your available memory for PHP is exhausted.

Although I remember testing this MOD when it was submitted and posted like 100+ mentions

@ashter: was the MOD correctly installed? It seems to me that there is something missing, as you have an undefined function that the MOD clearly should add...

i wondered if that may be the case, but don't know enough about php to figure out what the causes may be myself:-[

anyway, i uninstalled it and deleted it, and tried again with a fresh install, but got the same results :(
so having uninstalled and deleted it again, i download a fresh copy of the mod from the smf site,
uploaded and installed it, and it is now working !
seems like my first copy of the mod was corrupted in some way or the install did not go as plannned, but the fresh copy worked as it should have  :)

many thanks for the advice  :)

i'm beginning to think that the number of forums out there would drastically reduce in numbers if it were not for the great support found here on the smf community boards ::)  ;D
its very much appreciated, thanks.

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: margarett on April 01, 2015, 10:15:11 AM

There are probably hundreds of mentions all over the forum already too, but that specific topic has a ton in the same post/page, some of which should not work (they have characters which are not supported yet, and people are using the base code + id). I haven't heard anyone else complain about any other topic, at least, and that one has been acting weird already.

Nothing relevant shows on smf logs, and on php logs there's just a bunch of unrelated "undefined index" errors. I'm leaving this one aside for the time being, I have no idea what could be causing one specific topic to lock itself or open a blank page, it isn't on logs like moderation either. Specially when it happens so randomly, been over a week without a case now.

:P

LocMax

Erm, I am unable to use the mention feature on members who have symbols in their name like [] () and such. Any fix for it?

EDIT: eh, is this mod the same as the one from smfpacks? We bought the one from there, so... is there any difference?

br360

Quote from: LocMax on April 03, 2015, 05:45:36 AM
Erm, I am unable to use the mention feature on members who have symbols in their name like [] () and such. Any fix for it?

EDIT: eh, is this mod the same as the one from smfpacks? We bought the one from there, so... is there any difference?

Version1-1-3 is the newest version that will work with symbols like the examples you posted. This link will direct you right to the download-  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=522005.msg3766946#msg3766946

This is similar to the smfpacks one, but they aren't the same. The differences are that the smfpacks mentions mod will show the person's avatar when using the autosearch; and in regards to being notified of being mentioned- this mod will have a notification in your profile tab, while the smfpacks mod will send you a PM that you were mentioned.

Not sure if the smfpacks mod works with being able to find the above symbols though.

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: br360 on April 03, 2015, 04:17:24 PM
Quote from: LocMax on April 03, 2015, 05:45:36 AM

Version1-1-3 is the newest version that will work with symbols like the examples you posted. This link will direct you right to the download-  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=522005.msg3766946#msg3766946

This is similar to the smfpacks one, but they aren't the same. The differences are that the smfpacks mentions mod will show the person's avatar when using the autosearch; and in regards to being notified of being mentioned- this mod will have a notification in your profile tab, while the smfpacks mod will send you a PM that you were mentioned.

Not sure if the smfpacks mod works with being able to find the above symbols though.
Ahh, thought the version on the mod site was the most recent. Thanks for that, accents don't work on the version I have :)

And I think the locking problem I have is unrelated to this one, after all. I'll go notify the other mod author about that one :P But it still doesn't explain the blank pages.

PokémonS

Quote from: PokémonS on February 18, 2015, 10:58:59 AM
Quote from: PokémonS on January 14, 2015, 03:18:32 PM
Great mod, thanks! 'w'
Just a little wish. I want Profle (x) and Mentions (x) gets bold please. 'w'

Still looking for this. 'w'

Again, still looking for this. 'w'
きみと手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
ゼロからはじめよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう
みんな手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
力を合わせよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう

Professor Sea

This seems like an excellent mod, how did I not notice it sooner?  ;D
Visit my forum: http://endo.darkglass.net/

Kimmie

Quote from: Kimmie on March 10, 2015, 01:13:26 AM
Quote from: margarett on March 06, 2015, 07:29:37 AM

Thanks :). I was in a hurry when I posted mine so I was in and out

EDIT: Now I have another problem. Pages 2 and 3 are now blank

I copied and pasted his code, as you can see here:

Any fix for this yet? Thanks

Advertisement: