News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Recent Forum Topics on Boardindex For 2.0.x

Started by Pipke, May 05, 2014, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pipke

Quote from: PFigo on August 18, 2019, 04:37:08 PM
P.S. On default SMF heme I have the file called "RecentForumTopics.template.php"

yes, do the edits on that one.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

PFigo

Quote from: Pipke on August 18, 2019, 04:43:53 PM
P.S. On default SMF heme I have the file called "RecentForumTopics.template.php"

Editing that file on the theme I am not using will effect in what? (newbi question 😉).
Thanks

Pipke

Quote from: PFigo on August 18, 2019, 04:58:22 PM
Quote from: Pipke on August 18, 2019, 04:43:53 PM

Editing that file on the theme I am not using will effect in what? (newbi question 😉).
Thanks

guess nothing, depens of the css, make backup first then edit then reupload if you want to be save.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

PFigo

Quoteguess nothing
Me too....😉...but I will see.

Unfortunetly mobile phone version still not matching my theme ☹️

Pipke

Quote from: PFigo on August 18, 2019, 05:09:31 PM
Quoteguess nothing

did you do the edits on the template as i told you?

PFigo

Quote from: Pipke on August 18, 2019, 05:29:53 PM
Quote from: PFigo on August 18, 2019, 05:09:31 PM
Quoteguess nothing

did you do the edits on the template as i told you?
Not yet...Will report when done

PFigo

Done....it worked more or less....now top match the recent topic block....but still not matching my theme.
Perhaps my theme is not using complete width (100%)!!!

Anyway....much better.

Pipke

Quote from: PFigo on August 18, 2019, 06:17:13 PM
Done....it worked more or less....now top match the recent topic block....but still not matching my theme.
Perhaps my theme is not using complete width (100%)!!!

Anyway....much better.

This mod template works best with the SMF default theme, for other themes you should ask for support for theme editing in the theme author support topic or to point you in a direction look at the messageindex template how it is build and use these classes and/or icon urls

Quote from: PFigo on August 19, 2019, 05:53:32 AM
Good morning Pipke,

After MOD installation can you point me where are the files of your MOD?
Would like to change "A BORDO" to "GRUPO".....and will be not waiting for your update :-)

mod language files in your case -> Themes\default\languages\RecentForumTopics.portuguese_pt-utf8.php and RecentForumTopics.portuguese_pt.php

good luck.

PFigo

QuoteThis mod template works best with the SMF default theme
I understand. Is not easy to make it match all themes will all code variants.

Quotefor other themes you should ask for support for theme editing in the theme author support topic or to point you in a direction
He has not support page for his theme and is not available to change is MOD for me....never mind.

Quotelook at the messageindex template how it is build and use these classes and/or icon urls
I did but I don´t know what to look for....I am just a simple user.....not like you and other guys...excelent with coding.

Thanks for your support.

oneteaminsouthend

Is there a way to disable this on mobile devices please?

oneteaminsouthend

Can anyone help in fixing the sizing issue on a mobile device? I've used the tips given 2 pages back and still have the unsightly error unfortunately

PFigo

I am not the better one to help you but I am using this mod.
What error you have?

Please be aware this mod was updated recently.

oneteaminsouthend

On the mobile version of my site I'm having trouble with the width issue of this mod. I changed the settings that are mentioned 2 pages back which made the box contents smaller but I still have the empty space to the right as shown in the attatchment

PFigo

I have the same issue. Already reported previously but seems is theme issue.
This MOD was made for default SMF theme and on some Themes can have issues....like me and you.
Was what I understand from Pipke...

oneteaminsouthend

Ah right ok. Do you know if there is a way to disable this mod on mobile but keep it active elsewhere?

PFigo

Quote from: oneteaminsouthend on September 17, 2019, 08:25:16 AM
Ah right ok. Do you know if there is a way to disable this mod on mobile but keep it active elsewhere?
I don´t see any option on MOD to do that but perhaps is possible but I can´t say.....

@rjen

Quote from: oneteaminsouthend on September 17, 2019, 07:51:15 AM
On the mobile version of my site I'm having trouble with the width issue of this mod. I changed the settings that are mentioned 2 pages back which made the box contents smaller but I still have the empty space to the right as shown in the attatchment

Find this file in your forum: RecentForumTopics.template.php
It will be in the Themes/default folder...

echo'
<th scope="col" width="15%">', $txt['replies'], ' / ', $txt['views'], '</th>
<th scope="col" class="lefttext last_th" width="24%">', $txt['last_post'], '</th>';

and change this to

echo'
<th scope="col" class="stats" width="15%">', $txt['replies'], ' / ', $txt['views'], '</th>
<th scope="col" class="lastpost lefttext last_th" width="24%">', $txt['last_post'], '</th>';
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

oneteaminsouthend

Quote from: @rjen on September 17, 2019, 09:26:25 AM
Quote from: oneteaminsouthend on September 17, 2019, 07:51:15 AM

Find this file in your forum: RecentForumTopics.template.php
It will be in the Themes/default folder...

echo'
<th scope="col" width="15%">', $txt['replies'], ' / ', $txt['views'], '</th>
<th scope="col" class="lefttext last_th" width="24%">', $txt['last_post'], '</th>';

and change this to

echo'
<th scope="col" class="stats" width="15%">', $txt['replies'], ' / ', $txt['views'], '</th>
<th scope="col" class="lastpost lefttext last_th" width="24%">', $txt['last_post'], '</th>';

Thank you :D all sorted and working fine now  :)

@rjen

Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Advertisement: