News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Comment editor Toggle View by default

Started by digiflash, May 12, 2014, 04:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digiflash

I want the wysiwyg Editor by default.
Didn't find an option.

kat

For you? Or, for everyone?

For you, Profile>Look and layout>Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default.

For everyone, Admin>Themes and Layout>Member options. Click "Change current options for all members using this theme" and you'll see "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default." there. Oddly, this is not a global option and has to be set for each theme.

Please be aware that the WYSIWYG editor is a bit buggy...

digiflash

Strange things... I don't have this option under the global theme options but in my personal profile I can do that.

kat

That's the thing. it's not global, for some reason. You need to do each theme, individually.

However, if it's disabled, in Admin>Forum>Posts and topics, it probably won't show. (Yay! for "Ease of use"!)

Justyne

Also don't forget to actually select change on the dropdown in front of the checkbox. (Yay interface design. XD)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Illori

Quote from: K@ on May 12, 2014, 05:40:47 AM
That's the thing. it's not global, for some reason. You need to do each theme, individually.

However, if it's disabled, in Admin>Forum>Posts and topics, it probably won't show. (Yay! for "Ease of use"!)

actually it is a global option.

digiflash

No. WYSIWYG is enabled. As a user a can change to the WYSIWYG but not globally because there is no option. Some kind of strange as everyone of you can change it.

Illori

it is a global option on the page K@ said above...
Quote from: K@ on May 12, 2014, 05:05:38 AM
For everyone, Admin>Themes and Layout>Member options. Click "Change current options for all members using this theme" and you'll see "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default." there. Oddly, this is not a global option and has to be set for each theme.

Please be aware that the WYSIWYG editor is a bit buggy...

digiflash

Thank you for your kind support :)

In my Admin panel there is no -> Admin>Themes and Layout>Member
Maybe I'm a little bit stupid. I don't use the standard theme. Maybe that's a issue?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

digiflash

Please believe me. I'm using 2.0.7 and there is no such menu-point.
I'm using a responsive theme. Maybe thats a problem?!

kat

Try switching to the default and set the option, there, if you can.

digiflash

Holy.. The language is the problem in combination with the theme. English template with standard theme works. But under the point "member" I don't see my responsive theme.
Which file do I have to edit!? Maybe someone knows that?

NanoSector

Hi digiflash,

Of course we believe you :)
Can you take a screenshot of what you mean where you don't see your theme under "member", and a screenshot of the Current theme area in the Admin panel?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

digiflash

See the attachment. I don't have the menu-point.
With the standard theme and English as language is see it.

NanoSector

Try the second option. Aktuelles Theme might contain it too.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

digiflash

No, if you take a look at your forum you will see there is one entry missing.

Justyne

it's optionen zurückstellen... member options. Not an obvious translation granted... but it's in there. And then Stellen Sie alle aktuellen Mitgliederoptionen für dieses Theme zurück.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

digiflash

That is correct. Sorry for my weak explanation. Look at the two screenshots. I have 4 themes and can't configure one of them. What is missing?!

Arantor

Your responsive theme has no Settings.template.php file, so it has no configurable settings. Copy the settings file from the default theme to it and you should find it is configurable, including the option above.

Advertisement: