News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Cannot Clean Recycle Bin

Started by Thaxos, May 19, 2014, 12:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou69

Quote from: Thaxos on May 20, 2014, 01:05:32 AM

No I understand how to run that task in the control panel, the problem is when I click "Remove Now" I get the error I posted in the OP.

So how do I fix the bug?

Where do you see this "Remove Now"?  All I see on my recycle board is a "Remove".

Two things to try ... go back to the default factory theme. If you have modified the default theme then use the Core theme and see if the problem persists. On the off shot, and I really doubt this is the problem, disable BadBehaviour, clear the cache and then try deleting a post from the Recycle Board. When finished, remember to enable BadBehaviour.

Have you tried to delete the entire Recycle Board and creating a new one?  What version of SMF is the forum on?

Thaxos

Quote from: Lou69 on July 04, 2014, 08:03:30 PM
Quote from: Thaxos on May 20, 2014, 01:05:32 AM

No I understand how to run that task in the control panel, the problem is when I click "Remove Now" I get the error I posted in the OP.

So how do I fix the bug?

Where do you see this "Remove Now"?  All I see on my recycle board is a "Remove".

Two things to try ... go back to the default factory theme. If you have modified the default theme then use the Core theme and see if the problem persists. On the off shot, and I really doubt this is the problem, disable BadBehaviour, clear the cache and then try deleting a post from the Recycle Board. When finished, remember to enable BadBehaviour.

Have you tried to delete the entire Recycle Board and creating a new one?  What version of SMF is the forum on?

I'm not trying to delete a thread from the Recycle Bin, I'm trying to use the Remove Old Posts feature in the Admin Control Panel.

In this specific instance, to remove all threads in the Recycle Bin older than 30 days.

Regarding default theme vs original theme, it does not fix the issue.

kat

Quote from: K@ on July 04, 2014, 01:36:09 PM
I can't help but be concerned about this:

Quote from: Thaxos on May 21, 2014, 09:53:54 PMThere's some layout and theme changes, so the collapse icon is probably hidden by that.

Just kinda thinking out-loud, here... I wonder if this would sort itself out, temporarily, if you replaced the modified files with the originals. If it works, with that having been done, we'll know the culprit and, possibly, be able to figure-out what screwed everything.

Didst thou try this?

Thaxos

kat

Doh!

Did you manage to get the error log working?

Thaxos

Quote from: K@ on August 10, 2014, 06:18:31 AM
Doh!

Did you manage to get the error log working?

Sorry for the delayed response, to what are you referring? No one has asked about an error log before now.

kat

Ugh! It was so long ago that I can't remember. Something you told me, in PM, perhaps?

Anything in your error log?

Thaxos

Quote from: K@ on October 03, 2014, 05:36:18 AM
Ugh! It was so long ago that I can't remember. Something you told me, in PM, perhaps?

Anything in your error log?

Understandable, I did let a significant bit of time pass by. I've been removing topics from the recycle bin manually in the meantime.

Nothing via PMs.

Regarding the error logs, for the visual prompt
"An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again."

The corresponding log says it's a user error and confirms the page url and the text "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again."

Not sure what else this is to yield to aid in solving the issue...

kat

Thaxos

Quote from: K@ on October 07, 2014, 06:25:01 AM
And the error-log?

Quote from: Thaxos on October 06, 2014, 06:19:32 PM
The corresponding log says it's a user error and confirms the page url and the text "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again."

Not sure what else this is to yield to aid in solving the issue...

Uhh, it's right there.

Or are you referring to something else than what's located here:
Maintenance > Logs > Error Log

kat

Yep. :)

Even, perhaps, the server error log, too?

If you go to CPanel, you'll see a whole "Logs" section. There's an error-log, there.

Thaxos

Quote from: K@ on October 08, 2014, 06:10:16 AM
Yep. :)

Even, perhaps, the server error log, too?

If you go to CPanel, you'll see a whole "Logs" section. There's an error-log, there.

The error is not shown in the CPanel error log.

kat

Maybe we'll need to wait, a bit, to see if we can get more on this bit, coz I'm stumped. :(

Quote from: Arantor on May 19, 2014, 07:11:09 PM
Except it would appear it has a bug.

Thaxos

Quote from: K@ on October 09, 2014, 09:17:45 AM
Maybe we'll need to wait, a bit, to see if we can get more on this bit, coz I'm stumped. :(

Quote from: Arantor on May 19, 2014, 07:11:09 PM
Except it would appear it has a bug.

From how it reads to me, that was stated in reply to someone trying to tell me the process in which one cleans the recycle bin, which for me doesn't work.

Not that it doesn't work on SMF at all. It certainly does work on SMF normally, I've tested it.

kat

You know... This has been baffling me. But, I had a small idea...

I wonder what'd happen, if you backed-up everything, for obvious reasons.

Then, what if you actually delete the whole recycle-bin board? That should remove all posts, there. After doing that, you could create a new recycle-bin board.

Just kinda thinking out-loud, with that. If my forum had this problem, I think that's what I'd try.

Advertisement: