News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Coding and some mods.

Started by mOoOoO, May 20, 2014, 02:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mOoOoO

Hello, Well I need some help on my forums http://z-clan.twomini.com/ [nofollow]

1. I want to add this on my forums. http://tinypic.com/r/1433p03/8 [nofollow] and http://imgur.com/1FsK29h [nofollow]
2.How to make topic like this http://dnaclan.eu/index.php/topic,242.0.html [nofollow] and http://dnaclan.eu/index.php?action=form;n=1 [nofollow]
3. I cant add a banner on my forums.
Any way to fix and add those thinks?Are there any mods for it? If Yes, Ty.

Irisado

Moved to support, because it doesn't fit the criteria for a help wanted thread.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Arantor

1. I have no idea what you're asking for. I see a picture, I have no idea how that relates to a forum or your site.

2. I have no idea what you're asking. I see a topic in a forum. It has some specific styling but I don't know what you're asking for. It would be helpful if you could explain rather than showing a picture and hoping I can read your mind. For all I know, you might be wanting to copy the theme, or the logo or the avatars or the usergroup images/badges.

3. A banner? Where? How big?

4. A title as generic as 'help' isn't going to get you too far. Neither is doing the minimum possible to ask for help. If you want help, you're asking people to put aside their free time to help you. The least you could do is not be lazy in asking for things, and outlining what you're hoping to achieve, not just showing a picture and saying 'like that'.

mOoOoO

Thanks for your reply, As it didnt helped me, No problem i'll find it out. Thanks. :D ;)

Arantor

Of course it didn't help you, you didn't provide enough information to actually get any help. I guarantee you, if anyone can do what you're asking, it's within my skill set to do. The problem is none of us here, no matter how much knowledge we have... we're not mind readers.

Kindred

1- "help" is a useless title. it conveys no information
2- posting pictures and saying "this" is useless...  it conveys no real information.
If you want to include an image as a visual and then also explain specifically what you are asking for... then fine... but including an image (and not even including it - posting a LINK to it) doesn't help anyone.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mOoOoO

Okay, I want to add coding on my forums and i want to make a page like this http://dnaclan.eu/index.php?action=form;n=1 [nofollow]
how can i add coding and how can i make a board like that?

Bruce the Shark

You more experience guy here are making our life so miserable for us new people here.
At times i feel i dont even want to ask a question here no more,  fearing the worst comments for you so called tech.
I know your not mind readers but a bit of sympathy and compassion wouldn't go astray.
I would better rephrase it and said "i am sorry but we are having difficulties understand you".

Dragooon

Quote from: Bruce the Shark on May 21, 2014, 05:32:21 AM
You more experience guy here are making our life so miserable for us new people here.
At times i feel i dont even want to ask a question here no more,  fearing the worst comments for you so called tech.
I know your not mind readers but a bit of sympathy and compassion wouldn't go astray.
I would better rephrase it and said "i am sorry but we are having difficulties understand you".
You are not really helping your case by spamming me in IRC and PM

Kindred

mOoOoO,

You obviously did not read what I wrote...

pointing to a LINK and saying "like this" is no better than pointing to an IMAGE...

EXPLAIN what you want, using actual words.

However, that being said, just looking at the URL, I can tell you that whoever that site belong to used the custom form mod to build that page.

Bruce, to address you....
I am not making anyone's life miserable. That is beyond the capability of some random person on the internet.
I AM, however, the PM of a project which provides software and support to thousands, if not more, of users...  and when users come to our support board and ask for help it is part of my job to make sure that the SMF team can help them...   which means telling them when they are not providing enough information.  I also have to deal with tens of users like this per day...   so, excuse me if I am a bit blunt. That has nothing to do with sympathy or compassion and everything to do with getting my point across (because writing what you suggested is ignored 99.9% of the time)

------- Also... do not spam the staff members
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bruce the Shark

I dont spam Kindred
I have better things to do with my time.
i did however ask permission First to test if a PM is getting through to a member. Obviously i was wrong to have asked him.
I am having my doughts if my messages are working correctly at all, as not one user has replied back to me so far. I was only testing this

This topic HERE is not for you or me quarreling  and its best addressed  privately elsewhere as this person who has posted this question needs your urgent assistance rather than you or me taking away his spot light.

Dragooon

QuoteI dont spam Kindred
I have better things to do with my time.
i did however ask permission First to test if a PM is getting through to a member. Obviously i was wrong to have asked him.
I am having my doughts if my messages are working correctly at all, as not one user has replied back to me so far. I was only testing this
You never asked for my permission for anything and have been pinging me on IRC for past two days, take a hint, I'm busy or don't have the time to talk. Don't straight away PM users either unless you actually have something relevant and are not begging for support or asking stupid nonsensical stuff.

Kindred

and the user HERE can answer the questions with real answers... THEN maybe we can actually help him do what he wants to do.
Слaва
Украинi

mOoOoO

When ever, I browse a mod on my forums, and click "Upload" button, Nothing happen, only white screen come, Why?

Arantor

Did you read the sticky topic in this thread?

mOoOoO

is 20000MB space isnt fine? Only 28.23% is use and rest of it is clear.

Arantor

Space and memory are not the same thing...

mOoOoO

So, What should i do to fix it?

Herman's Mixen

Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

mOoOoO

Well, its hard for me, Cause i dont have much info about web sites and forums, Can any one of you guys do it? i'll be thankful to you guys.Can some one give me Sticky Mangement Mod?

Advertisement: