News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Possible Bug in SMF

Started by Coyote Keith, June 20, 2014, 09:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyote Keith

Running version SMF 2.0.6

I was unable to add a subscription to a member today. The problem turned out to be the member's Name. It seems that if the members Name has an apostrophe in it, I get a "member not found" error when trying to add them to a subscription. When I removed the apostrophe, I could add them normally.

Any thoughts?

سعید

Why don't you upgrade to the latest version?  This bug may be fixed in the latest version. ( 2.0.8 )

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Coyote Keith

Quote from: Kindred on June 20, 2014, 10:35:38 AM
are you using UTF8?
Where do I check? Under Languages?  ISO-8859-1

Coyote Keith

SMF 2.0.8 does not have the problem.

Kindred

then this can be considered solved...

there was an issue with russian user names, IIRC... so that may have fixed your issue

you should, however, consider changing over to UTF8 at some point
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: