News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Split Forum Mod

Started by dougiefresh, May 27, 2014, 07:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Haven't forgotten about y'all, just been REALLY busy with work and a few other projects....

garyee

Quote from: tetaye on March 02, 2016, 07:30:54 PM
At last, I don't manage to organize the categories on a sub-forum :
On sub-forum #1, I created the categorie "Fufufu" on first position, and after, a 2nd categorie "AAaaa" on order "After Fufufu".
Unfortunately, when I navigate to the sub-forum #1, categorie "AAaaa" appear before "Fufufu"...

Hi,

did issue get fixed? because I just ran into the same issue, the category order does work in the manage-board view, but not on the froum it self.
But I do not know if it is an froum fault, or one from the mod.

I had to change:
Line 43 (Subs-BoardIndex.php) to:
$result_boards = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
And Line 66:
AND b.child_level BETWEEN ' . $boardIndexOptions['base_level'] . ' AND ' . ($boardIndexOptions['base_level'] + 1))." ORDER BY c.cat_order,b.board_order",

in order for it to work!

JerzyLS

Dear dougiefresh,

It's possible to add a possibility to set access permissions to each forum for each user?
I really need this.

garyee

Quote from: JerzyLS on July 19, 2016, 07:20:28 AM
It's possible to add a possibility to set access permissions to each forum for each user?
I really need this.

You could simply create a group for every sub-forum with permissions to only to do stuff in that forum(eg. with board permissions).
Then simply put your users in corresponding group and voilà.

garyee

Quote from: garyee on July 19, 2016, 06:16:24 AM
I had to change:
And Line 66:
AND b.child_level BETWEEN ' . $boardIndexOptions['base_level'] . ' AND ' . ($boardIndexOptions['base_level'] + 1))." ORDER BY c.cat_order,b.board_order",
in order for it to work!
Correction:
Change Line 66/67 to:
AND b.child_level BETWEEN ' . $boardIndexOptions['base_level'] . ' AND ' . ($boardIndexOptions['base_level'] + 1)).
            ' ORDER BY '.($boardIndexOptions['include_categories'] ? 'c.cat_order,':'').'b.board_order',

jjsmith

Hi,

I'm using version 1.35, and version 2.0.11 of smf.

The mod installed ok, but when I try to add a subforum, I get the following error:

"The specified subforum ID has already been used. Please select another ID number."

I can't add any subforums, so I only have the one "main" subforum that's the original forum before installing the mod.

Do you know what could be causing this?

Thanks
Josh

dougiefresh

About a month ago, I've lost my job and have been severely depressed.  I need some help, so if you want to help, please do so!

I've uploaded this mod to GitHub here: https://github.com/douglasorend/Split_Forum_Mod

dougiefresh

Quote from: phantomm on June 20, 2016, 05:15:30 PM
Thank you for updates :)

few errors:
MoveTopic.php :
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}categories AS c ON (c.id_cat = b.id_cat AND c.forumid = {int:forumid}))
it should be:
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}categories AS c ON (c.id_cat = b.id_cat AND c.forumid = {int:forumid})

but still all boards are visible on the list (categories from other subforums are hidden), so I made few edits:
Code (Find) Select

SELECT b.id_board, b.name, b.child_level, c.name AS cat_name, c.id_cat

Code (Add after) Select

, c.forumid

Code (Find) Select

AND b.redirect = {string:blank_redirect}

Code (Add after) Select

AND b.redirect = {string:blank_redirect}
AND c.forumid = {int:forumid}

and it seems that boards are filtered correctly now :)
Apologizes about the long wait between versions!!  This has been fixed for v1.36....

dougiefresh

Quote from: garyee on July 01, 2016, 02:36:05 AM
Okay I got 1.35 working now. If anyone is interested ... I created a mod, to (re-)enable moving topics between subforums (with enhanced titles in the move-selectbox) and also disables the "you are not allowed error message".

While working on the mod I recognized that you have to be really careful when configuring your system, there are several places where one has to put in URLs, don't mess them up.
(Like for example if you start one with https and another with http, there will be some faulty behavior somewhere!

Greetz
Garyee
I'm interested in what the mod you've made.  If you want, I can integrate it into the Split Forum Mod....

dougiefresh

Quote from: Tair on June 19, 2016, 05:35:02 AM
When i try to create 1 more subforum (currently there 0 subforums) - i receive such an error "The specified subforum ID has already been used. Please select another ID number."
It's been fixed for version 1.36.....

dougiefresh

Quote from: garyee on July 19, 2016, 06:16:24 AM
Quote from: tetaye on March 02, 2016, 07:30:54 PM
At last, I don't manage to organize the categories on a sub-forum :
On sub-forum #1, I created the categorie "Fufufu" on first position, and after, a 2nd categorie "AAaaa" on order "After Fufufu".
Unfortunately, when I navigate to the sub-forum #1, categorie "AAaaa" appear before "Fufufu"...

Hi,

did issue get fixed? because I just ran into the same issue, the category order does work in the manage-board view, but not on the froum it self.
But I do not know if it is an froum fault, or one from the mod.

I had to change:
And Line 66:

in order for it to work!
I've made some code edits in order to try to address this issue for version 1.36.....  However, I haven't been able to reproduce this at this time, so I can't verify the effectiveness of this fix....

It's possible to add a possibility to set access permissions to each forum for each user?  I really need this.
Yes, I can add this to the mod.  However, doing so can't and won't stop users from remaining as guests and browsing a forum without restricting guests from that subforum, and honestly, it is a REALLY BAD idea to stop guests from browsing a forum, especially since it can effect the search engines as well....

dougiefresh

It's been implemented for version 1.36.....  You must turn on the option on the Subforum Settings page.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.36 - September 12th, 2016
o Added code to deny subforum access to membergroups using on permission system.
o Fixed code issue produced by v1.34-to-1.35 upgrade XML files.
o Fixed missing variable declaration within Subs-SplitForumHooks.php.
o Fixed issue with moving topics where boards not in subforum are visible.
o Fixed issue with creating subforums where advanced items not shown.
o Attempted fix on "global" board and/or category sorting issue.

@Everybody: Thank you for all the bug reports and/or solutions to bug reports!  Hopefully this update takes care of the problems that have been mentioned.

garyee

Hi man,

nice that you put it on Github, that makes it easier to help an PR the changes!

I don't know if it makes sense to put the "move topics between subforums" functionality into the mod. I think it would be better to keep the subforums seperated.
If someone wants to move topics, he has to install my mod. I also put it up on Github:

https://github.com/postyou/SMF_SplitForumMove [nofollow]

JerzyLS

Hey Dougie,

You modification is erasing permissions to the boards.
I just installed the mod on clean version of newest SMF and I confirmed it.

See the attached screens.

At the first is all okay, the permission is granted. But when I edit the group (and I dind't changed the permissions, but something other; for example the leader of the group), during saving a new options of group, it's deleting all previous permissions and I must granted it again. It's very annoying.

I hope you solved it as fast as possible.

Thanks again for great modification,

JerzyLS

Dougie,

How about erasing permissions to boards issue during editing the groups?

dougiefresh

Quote from: JerzyLS on October 17, 2016, 08:24:15 AM
How about erasing permissions to boards issue during editing the groups?
I haven't looked into this issue yet.  I suspect it is an issue with the SMF cache, not an issue with the mod "erasing" permissions (which it DOES NOT DO!!!)  Many forum owners have been complaining about the cache issue for a while....

JerzyLS

But if anybody edit the group, then the members of a group can't see the boards.
Because the boards in group settings are unchecked.

It's not cache issue.

dougiefresh

Can you replace your Sources/Subs-SplitForumAdminHooks.php with the attached file and tell me if this makes any difference with your bug report?  Thanks!

JerzyLS

Not working.

First screen - before saving the settins in membergroup
Second screen - after...

If the boards are unchecked - the members of the group can't see boards.

Screen 3:

Here I can edit my group without worries about lost of permissions to see a boards.

Split Forum Mod here is uninstalled.

Advertisement: