Split Forum Mod

Started by dougiefresh, May 27, 2014, 07:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

@chaos40:  What URL are you getting these errors?  Please omit the board URL (with URLs like http://duh.com/index.php?action=recent, you should report this: index.php?action=recent)....

chaos40

When I attempt to access a thread started in a subform from the recent activity section of the main forum I'm getting the error I described previously

ChristianVirtual

Hello,

I',m new into SMF and installed it in the recent days with MySQL as backend. v2.0.15 on PHP 7.3

I want to use SplitForum to have the same forum installation reachable and segregated via different URLs from different domain (I own though).

The basic SMF is working so does the creation of subforms and the call via different URL.
But when I try to create categories I get an error: "syntax error, unexpected end of file"; any idea what goes wrong ? Also tied to use PHP 7.1 with same error.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: ChristianVirtual on January 25, 2019, 07:43:17 PM
Hello,

I',m new into SMF and installed it in the recent days with MySQL as backend. v2.0.15 on PHP 7.3

I want to use SplitForum to have the same forum installation reachable and segregated via different URLs from different domain (I own though).

The basic SMF is working so does the creation of subforms and the call via different URL.
But when I try to create categories I get an error: "syntax error, unexpected end of file"; any idea what goes wrong ? Also tied to use PHP 7.1 with same error.

SMF 2.0.15 base has some difficulties in what PHP in branch 7.1 or higher at the moment, in next updates it is about applying changes so that they work correctly. Consequently many modifications usually have problems with the new versions of PHP and the authors are waiting for the new version of SMF 2.1 or simply wait to update it once.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Kindred

SMF should work just fine in 7.1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

It will however really not work well in 7.3...

MegaProyk

Hi,

I just installed this mod and now when I go to Admin -> Forum -> Sections, I have this error : syntax error, unexpected end of file
in all 3 tabs :
Modificate sections
Create a new category
Settings

How can I fix this please ? I don't know nothing about coding (yet)...

Edit : I confirm the error is due to the mod because if I uninstall it I don't have the error anymore.

Thank you :)

MegaProyk

Hi, I (did a backup and) uploaded a fresh set of files (of the forum not of the mod) but it didn't help.

I have this in my error log :
hxxp:mysite.com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=uninstall;package=Split_Forum_Mod_v2.0_Beta3.1.zip;pid=38192 [nonactive]: Function create_function() is deprecated
File: [...]www/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 1667 (and a lot more)

About my joined files, between lines 3 and 56 all are "test success".

Can someone help me ?
Dougiefresh ?

SMF Version : 2.0.15
PHP version : 7.2
MySQL : 5.6

Thank you

GigaWatt

Lower your PHP version to 7.1, you won't get create_function() depreciated error any more ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

MegaProyk

Thank you for answering !

But actually I still have the error... I just have to change PHP version in my control pannel host isn't it ?
I also tried with 7.3 but didn't fix it neither :(

Edit : I deleted the mod and reinstalled it, being on 7.1 but I still have the error.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MegaProyk

Thank you Kindred, but first
"If your forum is version 2.0.x, you can click on the edit icon to the left of the instruction which failed. A pop-up will be generated indicating the specific instruction (the code being looked for and the code to be added or replace)."

I don't have the edit icon... Maybe because I don't have instruction that failed.

Then, what does mean "pass the file" (passer le fichier, in french), on the file I uploaded ?
And "delete the file" (effacer le fichier) ? Do I have to delete something or is it the mod that have to delete something ? And why there is neither "test successful" or "test failure" or "pass the file" wrote ?

On your link : "Otherwise, you can use the parser on the page where you downloaded the mod."
I don't even know which file should I modificate since I don't have any "test failure" and I don't know what means "pass the file"...

I also tried using this mod : https://web-develop.ca/index.php?topic=240.0 [nofollow] with the latest mod version and putting back PHP 7.2 but didn't work.

I just installed the 1.40 mod version and I don't have the problem anymore... But what is the difference between this version and the latest ?

What do you advice me ? :)

Kindred

SMF does not support php 7.2 at this time. Don't use it.

I don't know about translations...  but it looks like the french translations may be incorrect.
pass the file seems to be "install the file" -- there is no action for you to do except make sure those files get properly copied to the directory as noted.

the other ones regarding "test" would seem to be the success/failure notice

In the case of a failure -- Click on the arrow icon to the left... that will expand the  file that had the failure....  then there should be a pencil icon or something similar to tell you the specific failure.

if you are just talking about errors in the errorlog -- then that has nothing to do with the installation.
Also, make sure your system actually IS using php 7.0 or 7.1

Слaва
Украинi

MegaProyk

Ok for the translation, ty. But... how do I make sure the files get properly copied to the directory ?

I don't have any failure, that's why I don't have the arrow icon. Well I have it but for the files that succeeded.

I was not talking about the error log but I don't understand what you mean. Errors due to mods don't appear in the error log ?

Where can I see which php version my forum is using ? I am/was just changing it on my host control panel, I don't know if it is enough to ensure...

Question about the mod itself : Do I have to create the subdomains (at my host) of the subforums ? I think yes...
Because if I only create a subforum and I click on it, I have a
"Not Found
The requested URL /jeuxvideo/index.php was not found on this server."
white page.

For an other subforum, I have created the subdomain at my host (a few days ago), I changed the URL of my subforum (modify tab) so that it is the url of this subdomain and I have a
"Index of /
Icon  Name                    Last modified      Size  Description"
white page

Is it normal ?
Do I have to upload SMF via FTP on this subdomain or something ?? If yes, I don't really understand the usefulness of this mod (?)

Is there any manual/tutorial to use this mod ?

Kindred

Ah yes.... THOSE would be instructions for the mod....   and yes, AFAIK, you must create the domain or subdomain prior to activating the mod

I'm not sure how the files are handled...  that would be a question for people who use the mod or the mod author....
but the instructions say:
On the primary subforum, creating a subforum is as easy as clicking on the Create New SubForum tab (and/or button) and filling out the information in order to create your new subforum.  This mod can create the folder and generate an "index.php" if required.

which suggests that, after you create the subdomain,  you should be able to create the subforum automatically and the index.php will be properly copied into that directory/location.
Слaва
Украинi

MegaProyk

Ok, thank you :)

But if it is supposed to be automatic, it is not working... Do you think I should have something on my subdomain (formations.mysite.com) folder ? I guess yes...
Would the sub be in the www folder ?? In my host cpanel the root is formations (not www/formations) so I don't think so...

I join a screenshot of my FileZila.

Kindred

since I don't use this mod myself, I think you may have to wait for the mod author to answer at this point....
Слaва
Украинi

MegaProyk

Fine ! Thank you very much :)

SilverKnight

Is there a hook to get the forumid of a topic or board?

joshuaO

Quote from: dougiefresh on August 03, 2014, 01:21:43 PM
@DoctorVox: I've figured out why that is happened.  It'll be fixed with the next version.

@skeletonkiss: I've got new code working within the Simple Portal code that will allow you to select which subforum or subforums you want a particular block on.  Attached is a picture....

I know this post is VERY VERY old, but can you share this code? It's what I need

Advertisement: