Converting from vb 3.8.7 PL4 Fails immediately

Started by Daryn, April 25, 2014, 02:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryn

So I read the guide, looked at the forum thread, and thought I'd be fine converting this vb forum to SMF. Apparantl Mr. Murphy has to show his face though.

I used the vB 3.7 converter with the updated SQL file to fix the PM bug. I granted the sql user that SMF is using permission to access the vb database. When I run the converter though, I get this message and nothing else happens.

"Converting members...Unknown column 'memberName' in 'field list'"

Looking through phpmyadmin, no was transferred and the script just stayed right where it was for 15 minutes until I browsed away.

I think there's an issue somewhere, but my mysql skills aren't up to finding it. Any help would be appreciated.

Dragooon

Are you converting to SMF 2.0 or 1.1? The converter you're using is for 1.1, you can find the vB 3.7 to SMF 2.0 converter here: http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=vbulletin

Daryn

I'm converting to 2.0.7, or trying to. I just spent the last 3 days preparing the forum for this on 2.0.7. I don't recall seeing that I had to start from 1.1x.

Is there no way to save that step?

Dragooon

Quote from: Daryn on April 25, 2014, 03:27:03 PM
I'm converting to 2.0.7, or trying to. I just spent the last 3 days preparing the forum for this on 2.0.7. I don't recall seeing that I had to start from 1.1x.

Is there no way to save that step?
Yeah, I think you read the post I made before my edit, I've linked a vB to 2.0 converter. You can try htat

Advertisement: