News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Internal Server Error. Please help

Started by mtirrell, May 30, 2014, 08:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Sorry, been offline since last night.

Here's the problem -

Settings.php

$boarddir = '/hermes/bosweb/web197/b1975/ipg.pangeaaquaticscom/forum';
$sourcedir = '/hermes/bosweb/web197/b1975/ipg.pangeaaquaticscom/forum/Sources';
$cachedir = '/hermes/bosweb/web197/b1975/ipg.pangeaaquaticscom/forum/cache';

cgi_error_log

20140530T175103: northeastfishforum.com/index.php
PHP Warning:  require_once(/hermes/bosweb/web197/b1975/ipg.pangeaaquaticscom/forum/Sources/QueryString.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosnaweb06a/b1975/ipg.pangeaaquaticscom/forum/index.php on line 50
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/hermes/bosweb/web197/b1975/ipg.pangeaaquaticscom/forum/Sources/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.3.13/lib/php') in /hermes/bosnaweb06a/b1975/ipg.pangeaaquaticscom/forum/index.php on line 50

It's loading index.php via an absolute path that's different from $boarddir, then fails when it tries to load source files using correct $sourcedir.  If I change all path settings to one or the other, still doesn't work, and am unable to direct link to any file in the account.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

mtirrell

Hey thank you guys for all your help. I appreciate the quick support and responses. The host did end up getting the site back up online Sat night. I called and explained everything as best I could. They opened a new ticket and hrs later they sent me the attached ticket update. We had to fix all the links for banners and avatars but other than that it seems like we are back to normal.

Quote from: -Napalm- on May 31, 2014, 05:40:26 PM
Quote from: mtirrell
Worth mentioning that no one has done or changed any packages or themes or even messed with anything at all.

mtirrell,

I realize the above statement states that no one has changed anything but I am curious about something specific.
Did you by any chance adjust anything in your management panel (ie. Cpanel, Plesk, etc.) concerning security or an adjustment of sorts prior to this happening? Does anyone other than yourself have access to that management panel?

I personally did not ajust anything. I do have another person with access but I trust them completely and we both went over this situation and we know neither of us ever changed anything at all. In fact he hasnt even been on the site lately.

Any additional concerns or issues you guys might think of or notice I'd really appreciate hearing. I need all the help I can get on account of I have no idea about any of this stuff lol Thank you all again

Sir Osis of Liver

It was almost certainly a screwup by your host.  You should update from 2.0.2 to 2.0.7 (in Package Manager), and change your ftp password.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: