Website is unaccessible: Connection Failed Server is Busy

Started by BeastMode, June 01, 2014, 05:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelina Belle

Oh.  Finally read krash's post.  You must DEFINITELY follow his instructions, so SMF is not trying to send your users to their own desktop machine all the time!
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

BeastMode

Does this look correct? As for the bolded part, would this be the server IP? Server name? :

[Deleted for security]

Angelina Belle

Check with your host what to use for db server.  They can explain it to you.
Do not give your true database connection information on this public forum -- create a new username and password and get rid of the old ones, if these are the true ones.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

mashby

I've edited the user name to something. I checked my own Settings.php and I have the same $db_server, but Krash. has good instincts here. Can you ask your host what the actual server path would be?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, I'm reaching the forum at http://haxfl.com/ but getting db connection error.   Looks like you need db server address in $db_server = 'localhost';.  It may be in the MySQL database section of your host control panel.  If not, contact host support and get it from them.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

BeastMode

Thank you so much Krash! Having another problem with the site, but that's for a seperate post. Thanks for helping me get up and running!

Advertisement: