Concept

Started by Mick., June 03, 2014, 01:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

Link to the theme

Concept is a professional custom theme. Simple, clean and flat design.  This theme uses CSS3 so may not work in all browsers,

Terms of use :

This theme is free for personal and commercial use. You are allowed to use it in your projects, change it and adapt for your purposes. You are not allowed to remove the authors copyright.

Demo: Concept Demo

radu81

wow, you shared all the templates from the old and good idesign360 website ;)

Thank you for these great templates!
sorry for my bad english

Deaks

I am glad you like them,  hopefully Mick will be able to return and take control of the themes.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

ephman

Hi I just fell in love with this theme.
But unlike in your preview, when I apply the theme in my forum website, the green login button does not appear in one line. It appears below the password box, which looks odd.

Also I wish there was option to increase/decrease width in this theme as in other themes. Can that be made?

I LOVE this theme, just wanted it to work on my forum like it is in the demo!

br360

Quote from: ephman on June 04, 2014, 11:38:17 PM

Also I wish there was option to increase/decrease width in this theme as in other themes. Can that be made?

I LOVE this theme, just wanted it to work on my forum like it is in the demo!

I was playing with this theme on a test site; really cool. To increase the width, go to this theme's css>>index.css and find-

/* This division wraps the entire forum when a forum width is set. */
.wrapper
{
   max-width: 990px;
   margin: 0 auto;   
}

Where 990px; is, change that to something higher. (I set mine to 1490px; and it looks great)

ephman

Thanks, I browsed my forum on a mobile device with this theme on it, and boy, was I impressed! Also, I have decided that the default width is actually good for me.

I would, however, ask for help on hiding/getting rid of "smf- just installed" stuff that is always hovering  below menubar.
I know its the news thingy, how to hide it in a way that it doesnt occupy space? I wish to pull my board index all the way upto menubar. But this news won't let me do that.

Deaks

sorry while I published it I didnt make the theme so I dont know all ins and outs, the author is offline till 2017 I am just the caretaker in a sense :)

To remove the news open up index.template.php and search for and remove

<div class="news">';

// Show a random news item? (or you could pick one from news_lines...)
if (!empty($settings['enable_news']))
echo '
<p>', $context['random_news_line'], '</p>';

echo '
</div>

its on line 282 to 290 :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

ephman

Nice,

I improvised your trick and then hid the whole info_bar through CSS (because I am a noob and couldn't take out individual section's codes other than the one you mentioned)....Anyway, so my forum now looks perfect. This theme is really professional.

PS: The on, on2, off button are all same png image. Users need to modify them. I modified mine and it is looking great.

Deaks

yeh mick the author has been lazy on thopse images for many of his themes
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

ephman

My site is www.webhostforum.net
I assume it will help future SMF forumers to see how this theme looks in action :)

Matias-

Hello, I have a problem, changing the size of the avatars it looks like without avatars look good ...

ephman

Can you please explain more thoroughly what is the problem?
If you are getting date below avatar, you can hide the date/time if you wish to, because it's not very useful anyway.

Deaks

go to index.css and look for

.user {
float: left;
width: 325px;
height: 70px;
margin-top: 5px;
padding: 10px;
color: #ffffff;
}

lines 3465 - 5472

and increase the width to 400 px

Does this help?

Ephman, thanks for assistance, so you know this is to do with the fixed width of the box, most english speaking themers dont test with other languages, so they build on english and set widths and heights for english, forgetting that other langauges can be longer and take more space, so always good to look at the language used and the picture and you can see the issue :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

ephman

Wow, thanks for a new perspective. I saw the language was different but couldn't guess the simple fact that all languages have different length of same words. I am always going to remember this tip from now on.

Deaks

some things you learn when you been doing themes as long as I have lol
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Semetery

I love this theme, it's really well done, thanks for the time you put in! I've had zero actual problems with it, it comes so nicely ready right out of the e-box.

I'm having one heck of a time, though, trying to add a link to the nav menu. I've tried a guide I found using subs but it, for whatever reason, didn't show up. I double checked to make sure it's all right. To be fair, SMF still eludes me in a lot of ways, I've been using the very primal phpBB for so long that I got stuck in that way of doing things. I'm happy to have moved forward into better things but I can't wrap my head around things like this just yet.

Any help, please?

br360

You can always just install a mod to add more links to the nav menu-

There are quite a few out there, but these 2 should work nicely-

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2657
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3310

r4vje

How can i fix this? When somebody makes a new post on my forum the image doesnt appear. When i click on the image and copy the URL i get this message:

QuoteThe requested URL /Themes/concept/images/dutch-utf8/new.gif was not found on this server. I dont need an image telling me there is a new post, just as long as the topic's name shows in bold, its fine.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I hope somebody can help me as my own knowledge on this stuff is zero.

br360

Go into your file manager and open this file- Themes/concept/images/english/

You're looking for new.gif

Download the "new" image to your computer, and then upload it to the file /Themes/concept/images/dutch-utf8/

Below is what the image you are looking for looks like.

LexusFTW

Is a manual install of "ad management" required for all of your themes?

Deaks

depends what the mod looks for also if you care to read I never made this theme i'm just babysitting it ...
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Mstcool

How do I change the logo?

EDIT: Also, the text in the header area, where it says "unread post" and "new replies", is all in white. What text do I edit to change the color?

br360

Go into your file manager and then look for Themes/concept/images/custom. The image for the logo is logo.png. Just delete or rename that to something else, and then upload an image you want to use as your logo (make sure it is in the same Themes/concept/images/custom folder) and then rename that new logo you uploaded to logo.png.

Do a hard refresh, and your new logo should replace the default one on your site.

Edit- to answer your other question; in the concept's index.css

find-

.user {
}
.user a {

If you change the color #ffffff; in the first part (.user), it will change the "hello member" and the date.
If you change the color in the .user a part, it will change the "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts" color.

Change the color to whatever you want.

Mstcool

Thank you so much, br360!!! :)

Mstcool

Can anyone give me the right dimensions for a logo to perfectly fit on the theme? Thanks. :)

br360

Quote from: Mstcool on August 15, 2014, 03:01:07 AM
Thank you so much, br360!!! :)

Sure thing. You're welcome.

mulwa

please, how can i make the portal to be at 100% width like the header? Without affecting the board width?
What i mean is, i wan the portal to be 100% and the body of the other pages to be like say 80% width just as how the theme is.

Deaks

thats a mod specific problem not a theme problem, you need to ask the mod creator.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

mirsad bubalovic

Hi all, I'm running 2.0.9 and the Concept by Mick. G theme.

I'm struggling to change the the text colour for the following:

Hello (USERNAME)
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

See screen grab:

I believe the issue is in index.css but can't seem to fix. Any help would be great.

br360

In the concept's index.css

find-

.user {
}
.user a {

If you change the color #ffffff; in the first part (.user), it will change the "hello member" and the date.
If you change the color in the .user a part, it will change the "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts" color.

Change the color to whatever you want.

mirsad bubalovic

That's great br360! All fixed.

Next I'm wanting to add this banner to the top of the forum:

Could anyone offer any pointer please?

Neil.

mirsad bubalovic

Bump. Still stuck trying to get the banner up.  :-[

ikaroweb

Hi,
When this theme will become  responsive ?

Thanks

Lanyea

Really great design. Friend.

Robb

Hi there,

I'm using this template and I really like it.
I have an issue:  I would to change the link of the forum's logo. Is it possible?
I would to insert a personal link and not the link to the index of the forum's page.

many thanks in advance to all

best regards

Robb

dekatria

Maybe a stupid question.
How can I change the logo. I don't see this option in Theme settings.

Deaks

See the quote below on how to change the logo

Quote from: br360 on August 15, 2014, 12:51:08 AM
Go into your file manager and then look for Themes/concept/images/custom. The image for the logo is logo.png. Just delete or rename that to something else, and then upload an image you want to use as your logo (make sure it is in the same Themes/concept/images/custom folder) and then rename that new logo you uploaded to logo.png.

Do a hard refresh, and your new logo should replace the default one on your site.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: