News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Strange Error

Started by damowhite666, June 05, 2014, 06:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

damowhite666

Hello!

Recently launched a forum with this awesome piece of forum software though I find that I'm seeing this error message quite a lot and I don't know how to fix it...

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /var/sites/w/wellbornpost.com/public_html/cache/data_5b14d8ae4d18bad1c47da14e095e45d5-SMF-modSettings.php in /var/sites/w/

Shambles

Try giving your cache folder a cleanup from the Admin panel

Admin > Maintenance > Forum > Routine > Empty file cache

You never know, it may help...

damowhite666

Hello!

Awesome, I'll give it a go... I'll let you know if it happens again :)

damowhite666

Still seems to be happening... Hmmm...

kat

Is the cache directory write-enabled?

Arantor

damowhite666

Filezilla shows numeric value 775 owner has read, write and execute permission boxes checked.

It's the latest version 2.0.7 www.wellbornpost.com [nofollow]

I didn't install the software manually, my host has one click installation for this.

damowhite666

Have any more idea's on this?

kat

Check with your host. Ask them to ensure that you have full CHOWN ownership of the files on your site. Whilst you're at it, get them to make sure that "mod_security" is disabled, too.

damowhite666

Thank you!

I'll send them a ticket, i'll let you know what happens :)

kat

damowhite666

Just had a response back, the host just cleared my website cache... I think that's fixed the issue  :laugh:

Shambles

Quote from: damowhite666
... the host just cleared my website cache...

Glad the hint worked  8)

damowhite666

Bad news... Went to log back in the forum and it happened again...

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/sites/w/wellbornpost.com/public_html/cache/data_48398020b5ec041ddc29ca338d2b40d5-SMF-modSettings.php in /var/sites/w/wellbornpost.com/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2726

Should I try a complete new installation using the files from this site rather than my host? If so... How do I keep all my posts and changes...?

margarett

What do you have in line 2726 (and around it)?

* Does the file really exists?
* Don't use 775, some hosts don't like it. Try with 755.
* Is the "cache" folder owner correct? (as well as files inside)

I have googled a bit for that error and I've seen all kinds of causes :P Since wrong code up to PHP version...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

damowhite666

That file does exist, filezilla shows numeric value 644

The cache folder is set to 775, i'll try 755.

Using PHP 5.5.12

Arantor

Line 2726 will be in the middle of cache_get_data where it is trying to get the size of a file before it is loaded.

Relevant:
elseif (file_exists($cachedir . '/data_' . $key . '.php') && filesize($cachedir . '/data_' . $key . '.php') > 10)
{
@include($cachedir . '/data_' . $key . '.php');
if (!empty($expired) && isset($value))
{
@unlink($cachedir . '/data_' . $key . '.php');
unset($value);
}
}

It's still existing as far as file_exists concerns but failing the filesize check as if it doesn't. Best solution I can think of is to stick @ in front of filesize and just ignore the error.

margarett

Try to chmod the cache folder to 755 and also the file itself.

One of the multiple guesses I read about this was the file being not writable...

* margarett should get a Linux machine to test this kind of stuff...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

Why does it matter if it's not writable when you're trying to read it?

Advertisement: