Some info about IP bans requested

Started by Ninja ZX-10RR, June 10, 2014, 07:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

Good.

Be aware that 37.58.100.0/16 will actually prohibit the range 37.58.*.* and not just 37.58.100.*

Ditto 184.173.183.0/16 will apply the prohibition to 184.173.*.*

Ninja ZX-10RR

Not good then, how could I ban only the 37.58.100.*.* range with that method?  :'(
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Shambles

Ninja ZX-10RR

As attached
47879 polygons in 3D
Total time: around 3 minutes (most of them for managing the screenshot ;) )
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Shambles

Arantor

Yeah, those S curves needs lotsa polys.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yeah indeed they are pretty heavy xD the weapons I make are faraway lower in polys, it's kinda funny  :laugh:

Oh by the way I'll mark this as solved once more xD (I think it's the 3rd time or something like that lol)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

I swear to god i am not trolling but this IP 37.58.100.167 managed to connect and it shouldn't have been possible as I have set deny from 37.58.100.0/24, so didn't really work even as it seemed to... It sounds damn crazy as if I try to defy from that IP it fails to connect but I did have this IP connected D: I attached a screenshot so you see that I'm not trolling you because it would seem so but really isn't  :'( :-X

*marks again as not solved and tries to kill his ht access file making it suffering painfully*

My htaccess again:
##
# @version $Id: htaccess.txt 21101 2011-04-07 15:47:33Z dextercowley $
# @package Joomla
# @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2011 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.
# @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
##

##
# READ THIS COMPLETELY IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FILE!
#
# The line just below this section: 'Options +FollowSymLinks' may cause problems
# with some server configurations.  It is required for use of mod_rewrite, but may already
# be set by your server administrator in a way that dissallows changing it in
# your .htaccess file.  If using it causes your server to error out, comment it out (add # to
# beginning of line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef url's.  If they work,
# it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need it set here.
##

## Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above.
Options +FollowSymLinks

## Mod_rewrite in use.

RewriteEngine On

## Begin - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits.
# If you experience problems on your site block out the operations listed below
# This attempts to block the most common type of exploit `attempts` to Joomla!
#
# Block out any script trying to base64_encode data within the URL.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} base64_encode[^(]*\([^)]*\) [OR]
# Block out any script that includes a <script> tag in URL.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (<|%3C)([^s]*s)+cript.*(>|%3E) [NC,OR]
# Block out any script trying to set a PHP GLOBALS variable via URL.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} GLOBALS(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) [OR]
# Block out any script trying to modify a _REQUEST variable via URL.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} _REQUEST(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2})
# Return 403 Forbidden header and show the content of the root homepage
RewriteRule .* index.php [F]
#
#Set the timezone
SetEnv TZ Europe/Rome
## End - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits.

## Begin - Custom redirects
#
# If you need to redirect some pages, or set a canonical non-www to
# www redirect (or vice versa), place that code here. Ensure those
# redirects use the correct RewriteRule syntax and the [R=301,L] flags.
#
## End - Custom redirects

##
# Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL
# is not directly related to physical file paths.
# Update Your Joomla! Directory (just / for root).
##

# /* modifica */
RewriteBase /
# /* fine */

## Begin - Joomla! core SEF Section.
#
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
#
# If the requested path and file is not /index.php and the request
# has not already been internally rewritten to the index.php script
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php
# and the request is for something within the component folder,
# or for the site root, or for an extensionless URL, or the
# requested URL ends with one of the listed extensions
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /component/|(/[^.]*|\.(php|html?|feed|pdf|vcf|raw))$ [NC]
# and the requested path and file doesn't directly match a physical file
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
# and the requested path and file doesn't directly match a physical folder
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
# internally rewrite the request to the index.php script
RewriteRule .* index.php [L]
#
## End - Joomla! core SEF Section.

# /* modifica */
# # av:php5-engine
AddHandler av-php5 .php
# /* fine */

#Block bad IP
#######################################################################################
order allow,deny
deny from  24.91.97.152
deny from  114.130.28.154
deny from  91.207.7.182
deny from  91.207.4.14
deny from  37.58.100.0/24
deny from  46.118. 46.119
deny from  192.99. 31.41
deny from  5.255.253.164
deny from  213.87.123.232
deny from  184.173.183.0/24
allow from all

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

Marking as solved again, and this is the last time, for reference --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=523925.0 many thanks to Lou69, Arantor, CoreISP, Shambles, Antechinus, Kindred and a10. :D

Useful links regarding the question:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authz_host.html#order
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_access_compat.html#allow

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

a10

Just a note about deny's, took htaccess away for a day (14.06) to check the bot activity, see attachment.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

gogotha

Thanks Flavio93Zena for bringing this up. I am starting to ban countries that are hammering our forum. Cant really tell what they are doing since our site is private but they are landing on the registration page by the hundreds.

SMF, is running IP bans in SMF on a dedicated power edge 1750, 2.4ghz, 2 Dual xeon cpu's, 4gig ram with 1 forum and 1 ftp cause a slow down?

I am running IIS, putting the banned CIDR in ->IIS ->SMF Website ->Directory Security ->IP address and Domain name restrictions suffice?
This world is our Host, we are the virus... consume or be consumed.

Kindred

yes. Using the SMF ban system in that way will indeed have performance consequences
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

No problem I suggest you to read this guide it explains everything in details ;)

Still no one has moved it to tips and tricks but it's still good --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=524146.0

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

gogotha

Well pooh, I am running SMF on M$ Server. Since .htaccess is Apache, I will see how M$ IIS "IP address and Domain name restrictions" in Directory Security works and remove IP bans from SMF Forum. I have apache on Server but I am running experimental SugarCRM on it.

I thought about putting CDIR block in my smoothwall but damn-it, linux not strong suite, need GUI!  :-[

Thanks for replies!
This world is our Host, we are the virus... consume or be consumed.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Well you're welcome I hope you can sort it out somehow. I know that htaccess stuff but I can't tell you how to find a workaround for that... Maybe posting a topic in here (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=60.0) would be more helpful ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: