News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF to Kunena

Started by Loony Tune, March 06, 2013, 09:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loony Tune

Hi.

I'm trying to export an old SMF message board to Kunena. Is there a way that this can be done without copy and pasting hundreds of posts?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Cheers

mashby

Considering what you are moving this site to, wouldn't you be better off asking on the support site for Kunena?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Loony Tune

Good point, however, I'm sure that there are people here who could answer me too

Arantor

It's extremely unlikely, to be honest. There are not many people here who know the innards of Kunena well enough to be able to help but prefer to run SMF (and thus hang around here)

You are much more likely to get some help over there.

Colin

We would love to hear why you are leaving though? Any suggestions or features that SMF was unable to provide?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Loony Tune

@Colin. No issues, just easy for me to integrate into Joomla site.

I have been using SMF for years have have no issues

Cheers

Kindred

well, sorry to see you go... (Youi do know that there are two bridges that appear to work between smf and joomla?)

However, we are not going to give you instructions on switching OUT of SMF, here...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DickBarton

Appreciate this is resurrecting an old thread but we are about to launch a new Joomla site and I really want to keep using SMF, but the powers-that-be want the forum to be more integrated with the rest of the site (single logins/looks and feel) - Previously I had a Joomla Bridge installed and it worked brilliantly. Some licence thing changed and it no longer worked so it's beena  separate entity on the site, but they now want it brought in-house.

Looking at the comment, there are 2 bridges available, but I can't find them...anyone able to point me in the right direction please?

Thanks.
The Quest for Singletrack is Endless...

Advertisement: