News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Where is the form for submit the post

Started by goranr123, June 15, 2014, 03:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goranr123

Hello,

can some tell me where is the form for submit the post into the topic, in which file.

Thanks

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hi and welcome to SMF!

Quote from: goranr123 on June 15, 2014, 03:28:46 AM
the form for submit the post into the topic

Could you explain this in a much better way please? :)

But for anything related to posting the file is /Sources/Post.php
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

Depends what it is that you want to change.

Some of the wording, for example, will be in various, different, language files.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yes for sure but rough posting is in post.php and that's also why I asked for more details because like you I have no idea of what he is talking about xD (how could I have anyway?)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

Oh, sure. I was just giving Goran a bit of an answer to an expected "Why?". ;)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yep you're kinda right as well and as always :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yeah maybe 45 thousands posts before the last one you were wrong about SMF (just maybe huh!)  O:)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

Oh, I've made my fair share of goofs. :)

Probably, much more than my fair share, if truth be told.

Ninja ZX-10RR

So if I tell people to delete files randomly you consider that a goof?  :laugh:

Seriously talking well I think everyone did that, I did that as well and sometimes ( :-[) I still do that but I am learning I just became Full member and I am talking to an SMF Master with more than 25k posts and not so far from SMF Legend level :) ASAIK it's like 400 Full member then 700 Senior 1000 Sophist then hero at 1400 while SMF friend is given I think accordingly to behaviour and not post-based... Then there is smf super hero at 10k, master at 25k like you and at 50k the only arantor with SMF legend xD correct me if I'm wrong sorry if im slightly OT but I have no idea of where to ask such a thing >.<

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

There's another group at 75k but no-one's in it. Whether I have the patience to get there is another question entirely.

But none of this helps the OP. I can think of several places that might need to be addressed, so I'll second the 'what are you trying to do' request.

kat

Personally, I never notice post-counts, to be honest.

If there's something worth posting, I'll post it (Even if it's playing, rather than serious). Just posting poo, to get a post-count up, seems a bit of a life-wasting occupation, to me.

Arantor

It's funny then that I've been spending time with Discourse. You'd hate it, by the way. But most relevantly, post count is not shown at all on the main thread display.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ‽ on June 15, 2014, 04:57:25 PM
There's another group at 75k but no-one's in it. Whether I have the patience to get there is another question entirely.

Quote from: K@ on June 15, 2014, 05:01:17 PM
Personally, I never notice post-counts, to be honest.

If there's something worth posting, I'll post it (Even if it's playing, rather than serious). Just posting poo, to get a post-count up, seems a bit of a life-wasting occupation, to me.
Sure lol I have always been concerned into not power posting and those things ;) and of course I have better things to do than just raising my post count for glory  :laugh: I'm here because I like to help (always did) and also to understand SMF deeper in order to be able to deal with things easier and faster without having to ask each time :D

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

Quote from: ‽ on June 15, 2014, 05:04:43 PM
It's funny then that I've been spending time with Discourse. You'd hate it, by the way. But most relevantly, post count is not shown at all on the main thread display.

Not even in the mini-profile thing?

<---- That thing, there.

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on June 15, 2014, 05:06:59 PMI'm here because I like to help (always did) and also to understand SMF deeper in order to be able to deal with things easier and faster without having to ask each time :D

I like your style. :)

Arantor

Not even in the mini profile. Example: http://what.thedailywtf.com/t/today-is-friday-the-13th/862

"Civilised Discourse Construction Kit" indeed.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: K@ on June 15, 2014, 05:13:12 PM
I like your style. :)

*feels noob but awesome and embarrassed  :D doesn't say he likes back not to look like a purring kitty or something xD*

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

You mentioned cats. You will fit right in around here.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ‽ on June 15, 2014, 05:26:03 PM
You mentioned cats. You will fit right in around here.
:D I can't understand why you are so much concerned about them but I do like them because they somehow have the same behaviour I have :P so a bit moody, slightly arrogant sometimes and very proud :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Steve

Quote from: K@ on June 15, 2014, 05:01:17 PMJust posting poo, to get a post-count up, seems a bit of a life-wasting occupation, to me.

Absolutely brilliant! I'm gonna steal that line! :P

And as everyone knows, dogs have masters, cats have servants. I know, I have four of them ...
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: