News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.8 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, June 18, 2014, 02:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCJ

This has produced the biggest drop in the number of errors in the SMF log, though most are not be serious anyway.

Kindred

well -- the base installation - without any mods - of 2.0.8 will not product ANY errors.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

OCJ

True... that's why I thought it was a bit strange - how come the error log went down so much when this is an SMF patch and most of the errors are from mods!

Bhagirath_Singh

SMF is great so i installed that nw i also upgrade it into 2.8  8) 8)

But the feature are not install on it so wht's that

Cool version >>>>>............<<<<<<
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: igirisjin on August 20, 2014, 08:27:02 AM
True... that's why I thought it was a bit strange - how come the error log went down so much when this is an SMF patch and most of the errors are from mods!

Probably a few of them edit pieces of code that has been changed with the new upgrade. Strange though as I have 90 mods installed and none of them spammed my error log when I upgraded to 2.0.8 from 2.0.7 >_<
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Masterd

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on August 20, 2014, 08:33:40 AM
Probably a few of them edit pieces of code that has been changed with the new upgrade. Strange though as I have 90 mods installed and none of them spammed my error log when I upgraded to 2.0.8 from 2.0.7 >_<

It's never good to have so many mods installed. They can cause numerous problems.

Mstcool

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on August 20, 2014, 08:33:40 AM
Quote from: igirisjin on August 20, 2014, 08:27:02 AM

And I thought I had too many mods installed. :p

Arantor

Then you get the crazy people like me that package up entire site conversions as a single mod :D

Kindred

lol....  I've maxed out at 213 mods installed...   at that point, I started running into overlaps between mod functionlaity
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Kindred on August 21, 2014, 06:04:27 PM
lol....  I've maxed out at 213 mods installed...   at that point, I started running into overlaps between mod functionlaity
Yeah I know that's why I am safe :P I have seen you once saying this so... If you did that I shouldn't have problems with "only" 90 ;) and they don't overlap in any way, even though some of them needed extra tweaks to work together properly.

Quote from: Masterd on August 21, 2014, 04:58:23 PM
It's never good to have so many mods installed. They can cause numerous problems.
As long as they don't hit too much the server, the error log is clear, they are somehow "safe" and useful it's not a big deal ;) it took me like 2 months to do things properly and I still haven't finished, I'm waiting an important update by margarett since I have to install one of his mods (login/logout track) but I need the prune function. >_<
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Mstcool

Quote from: Kindred on August 21, 2014, 06:04:27 PM

Is there a max mod install limit? Or is it unlimited? :p

Arantor

There are limits internally but you'd never get to them without seriously doing something wrong with your life.

Even automating it would take a seriously insane amount of time. Let us assume you could install a mod and uninstall it a second later. At one per second, you'd be at it for decades.

OCJ

QuoteIs there a max mod install limit? Or is it unlimited? :p

The only limit is your sanity. How long you can suffer fixing problems and code edits.  Often mods that edit code already modified.
I try and keep mods to a minimum so they install and uninstall without manual edits.  Now about 30 and that seems ok.

Arantor

No, no, there is a limit in the database too. But you'll never get to it, you will indeed suffer for your sanity before you get there ;)

Mstcool

Masterd

Quote from: ‽ on August 22, 2014, 08:29:00 AM
No, no, there is a limit in the database too. But you'll never get to it, you will indeed suffer for your sanity before you get there ;)

That's how many digits?

Arantor

10 digits. 2^31-1 entries permitted safely. Double that under some circumstances.

tranhiep_116

Advertisement: