News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Problem opening a new thread in SMF 2.0.7

Started by babalola olasehinde, June 18, 2014, 08:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babalola olasehinde

forum is working fine before now , just few minutes ago i tried to open a new thread , then thread was open but its showing a blank page

what could be wrong pls

<<Edited to remove the caps-locked title, AGAIN!>>

margarett

What is inside that thread?

Btw, do your 2.0.8 update, it might help ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

Also check your Admin-->Error log for errors ;)

Also any mods recently installed?
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: margarett on June 18, 2014, 08:16:19 PM
What is inside that thread?

Btw, do your 2.0.8 update, it might help ;)

the thread contain a new write up

i just tried to upgrade now but upgrade shows error

Arantor

Let me guess, you already modified Class-Package.php yourself to change the memory limit from 32M to 128M? Or you installed a mod that did? (Because that's all that one does)

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on June 18, 2014, 08:19:59 PM
Also check your Admin-->Error log for errors ;)

Also any mods recently installed?

Also to fix the error in upgrading go to Sources/Class Package and find:
// If we're using this try to get some more memory.
@ini_set('memory_limit', '32M');

Try to search only the first line you will have a different number such as 64 or 128, well just replace that number with a 32 and retry to upgrade. It should be successfull ;)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Or you can ignore that error and change it after if you need to (to 128M)

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: ‽ on June 18, 2014, 08:26:52 PM
Let me guess, you already modified Class-Package.php yourself to change the memory limit from 32M to 128M? Or you installed a mod that did? (Because that's all that one does)

yes i installed that mod yesterday , let me uninstall and see

will get back to you

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ‽ on June 18, 2014, 08:29:20 PM
Or you can ignore that error and change it after if you need to (to 128M)
Well I guess that if it fails he can just ignore the error if he has set that to 128 already. Or not?

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

babalola olasehinde

i have remove the mod and smf 2.0.8 installed successfully  but i still cant open a new thread

kindly see my error log

Arantor

That sounds like a bug with the Optimus Brave mod...

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: babalola olasehinde on June 18, 2014, 08:36:26 PM
i have remove the mod and smf 2.0.8 installed successfully  but i still cant open a new thread

kindly see my error log
This problem is related to this mod-->http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2659
As we don't know its code you can better ask in the support topic of that mod about those errors-->http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=422210.0

EDIT: yes it is Arantor xD

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

babalola olasehinde

i have uninstall that optimum mod

now i thread to open a new thread again and error chaned to

Database Error
Table 'seeker_smf1.smf_related_subjects' doesn't exist
File: /home/seeker/public_html/Sources/Subs-RelatedFulltext.php
Line: 110

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.8, while your database is at version 2.0.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Arantor

And of course that would be the related subjects mod being buggy too.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Just a quick tip, try to install this one --> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2670 that allows you to install and uninstall mods very quickly (it has been debugged completely with me catching the last bug :P ) and maybe try to uninstall them and reinstall them. Once my whole forum crashed because I installed the SimpleAds mod and after that I had to reinstall a lot of mods including SimpleDesk (argh at this Arantor, it popped out more than 500 errors in less than 5 minutes!!!).

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on June 18, 2014, 08:53:01 PM
Just a quick tip, try to install this one --> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2670 that allows you to install and uninstall mods very quickly (it has been debugged completely with me catching the last bug :P ) and maybe try to uninstall them and reinstall them. Once my whole forum crashed because I installed the SimpleAds mod and after that I had to reinstall a lot of mods including SimpleDesk (argh at this Arantor, it popped out more than 500 errors in less than 5 minutes!!!).

i just did now but new post still showing blank

Ninja ZX-10RR

Try to uninstall the related subjects mod and post again.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on June 18, 2014, 09:05:54 PM
Try to uninstall the related subjects mod and post again.

i have uninstall Related Topics and optimus mod and new post still showing black

Ninja ZX-10RR

Ok but what about error log right now? No more errors or more?

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

If it's a white page, you need to check your error logs. Php error logs, not SMF's

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yes but if the error is related to a php file that has been edited by a mod... ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Then it still should be in the system error log.

babalola olasehinde

babalola olasehinde

or what mod do i need to install so as to get a clean smf and all mod uninstall , so i can install them one after the other again

Ninja ZX-10RR

I don't know what you guys suggest but I would suggest a database backup and a fresh reinstall... Also look at those 25k errors...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on June 18, 2014, 09:28:16 PM
I don't know what you guys suggest but I would suggest a database backup and a fresh reinstall... Also look at those 25k errors...

link for a fresh install pls and help it will not delete all previous post

Ninja ZX-10RR

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

babalola olasehinde

that is not what i am looking for , there use to be a link to download smf_2-0-7_upgrade.zip or something like that , once i run it on my root it will overwrite all previous smf script and it would uninstall all mod itself

LiroyvH

Click Download in top menu of this site. Get large upgrade.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Thanks CoreISP, also this is what you asked for
Quote from: babalola olasehinde on June 18, 2014, 09:32:35 PM
link for a fresh install
that is different from
Quote from: babalola olasehinde on June 18, 2014, 09:47:41 PM
download smf_2-0-7_upgrade.zip
Additionally please upgrade to SMF 2.0.8 that has just been relased :)

P.s. As a sidenote if I don't answer it's because here is almost 4 a.m. and I'm working so I might be very focused or went to sleep for desperation xD

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Except in this case he does actually want the large upgrade package so that instead of doing a completely fresh install it actually preserves the content.

Ninja ZX-10RR

With the backup he would have preserved anyway but my point is that he asked for 2 different things in 2 posts :| well no matter what he does as long as the content is ok and the forum gets back to work

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

That's because he's not sure what he needs in our terminology; he knows where he's trying to get to and we know how to get him there, that's the important thing.

Ninja ZX-10RR

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

BTW: I have the Optimus brave mod installed on 2.0.8 and it works just fine...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

babalola olasehinde

i just use the upgrade of 2.0.8 and it seems to be okay now because i can now open new thread but the problem now is that how do i delete those new thread that was created when trying to fix the error because once i click on the thread title the content who be showing

An Error Has Occurred!
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_msg)

babalola olasehinde

pls how do i solve

An Error Has Occurred!
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_msg)

Kindred

do not bump within 24 hours, please...

are you running portaMX?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: Kindred on June 19, 2014, 02:06:21 PM
do not bump within 24 hours, please...

are you running portaMX?

sorry for that

actually i just run upgrade of 2.0.8 and i have not install any mod yet

margarett

How did you upgrade? Did you use the large upgrade package or the patch?

Kindred

so you have installed no mods at all? even before the 2.0.8 upgrade?
Слaва
Украинi

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: margarett on June 19, 2014, 02:14:55 PM
How did you upgrade? Did you use the large upgrade package or the patch?

i use the large upgrade

Kindred

why?

If you came from 2.0.7, why did you not use the patch?

My best recommendation is
restore your backup to go back to 2.0.7 and use the patch to upgrade to 2.0.8

either way though -- Something was not removed.... because no one else running a clean install of 2.0.8 is getting that error.
Слaва
Украинi

margarett

On a clean install like you now have, I have no idea why does that happen.
You say that this error appears when you are opening a topic?

edit: ninja'd

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: Kindred on June 19, 2014, 02:21:08 PM
so you have installed no mods at all? even before the 2.0.8 upgrade?

i have installed different mod long before now but not that one you mentioned and when i had issues with opening new thread , we concluded on using large upgrade and i did that last night and all mod were deactivated

i am not getting that error on new post , its on post that was made yesterday when some mod were helping me to fix the forum

if the error cannot be rectify , pls is there i way i can delete those topics?

margarett

You can get his ID and remove it through the database. Then run the maintenance task to recount totals.

But I'd say we should investigate this. If you are willing to, please PM me an admin login to your forum and FTP/cPanel details. I'm almost sure you did something wrong along the way but I want to be sure. I also need to know which is the affected topic ;)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Totally missed the reply, I just want to apologize for that. Well I don't know either it sounds strange, exactly like margarett and Kindred already said.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: margarett on June 19, 2014, 02:45:39 PM
You can get his ID and remove it through the database. Then run the maintenance task to recount totals.

But I'd say we should investigate this. If you are willing to, please PM me an admin login to your forum and FTP/cPanel details. I'm almost sure you did something wrong along the way but I want to be sure. I also need to know which is the affected topic ;)

okay i have sent you the details

thx

margarett

For some reason your posts were deleted without the topic. I'd assume they were deleted via database, AFAIK via SMF you can't do that even if you wanted to...

Go to your ACP --> Maintenance --> Routine --> Find and repair any errors. That should help ;)

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: margarett on June 19, 2014, 07:09:04 PM
For some reason your posts were deleted without the topic. I'd assume they were deleted via database, AFAIK via SMF you can't do that even if you wanted to...

Go to your ACP --> Maintenance --> Routine --> Find and repair any errors. That should help ;)

ok let me try this step now but pls why is my source showing 2.0.4 when the current version is 2.0.8

Illori

if you upgraded to 2.0.8 in the first few hours of its release this happened, the patch was fixed for this issue. uninstall the patch and reinstall it.

Kindred

or don't...   it doesn't really matter
the only thing that was changed was on copyright line
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

then they will always have the system tell them a file is not updated... which could be confusing in the future.

Advertisement: