News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Problem opening a new thread in SMF 2.0.7

Started by babalola olasehinde, June 18, 2014, 08:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babalola olasehinde

forum is working fine before now , just few minutes ago i tried to open a new thread , then thread was open but its showing a blank page

what could be wrong pls

<<Edited to remove the caps-locked title, AGAIN!>>

margarett

What is inside that thread?

Btw, do your 2.0.8 update, it might help ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

Also check your Admin-->Error log for errors ;)

Also any mods recently installed?
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: margarett on June 18, 2014, 08:16:19 PM
What is inside that thread?

Btw, do your 2.0.8 update, it might help ;)

the thread contain a new write up

i just tried to upgrade now but upgrade shows error

Arantor

Let me guess, you already modified Class-Package.php yourself to change the memory limit from 32M to 128M? Or you installed a mod that did? (Because that's all that one does)

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on June 18, 2014, 08:19:59 PM
Also check your Admin-->Error log for errors ;)

Also any mods recently installed?

Also to fix the error in upgrading go to Sources/Class Package and find:
// If we're using this try to get some more memory.
@ini_set('memory_limit', '32M');

Try to search only the first line you will have a different number such as 64 or 128, well just replace that number with a 32 and retry to upgrade. It should be successfull ;)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Or you can ignore that error and change it after if you need to (to 128M)

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: ‽ on June 18, 2014, 08:26:52 PM
Let me guess, you already modified Class-Package.php yourself to change the memory limit from 32M to 128M? Or you installed a mod that did? (Because that's all that one does)

yes i installed that mod yesterday , let me uninstall and see

will get back to you

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ‽ on June 18, 2014, 08:29:20 PM
Or you can ignore that error and change it after if you need to (to 128M)
Well I guess that if it fails he can just ignore the error if he has set that to 128 already. Or not?

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

babalola olasehinde

i have remove the mod and smf 2.0.8 installed successfully  but i still cant open a new thread

kindly see my error log

Arantor

That sounds like a bug with the Optimus Brave mod...

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: babalola olasehinde on June 18, 2014, 08:36:26 PM
i have remove the mod and smf 2.0.8 installed successfully  but i still cant open a new thread

kindly see my error log
This problem is related to this mod-->http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2659
As we don't know its code you can better ask in the support topic of that mod about those errors-->http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=422210.0

EDIT: yes it is Arantor xD

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

babalola olasehinde

i have uninstall that optimum mod

now i thread to open a new thread again and error chaned to

Database Error
Table 'seeker_smf1.smf_related_subjects' doesn't exist
File: /home/seeker/public_html/Sources/Subs-RelatedFulltext.php
Line: 110

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.8, while your database is at version 2.0.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Arantor

And of course that would be the related subjects mod being buggy too.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Just a quick tip, try to install this one --> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2670 that allows you to install and uninstall mods very quickly (it has been debugged completely with me catching the last bug :P ) and maybe try to uninstall them and reinstall them. Once my whole forum crashed because I installed the SimpleAds mod and after that I had to reinstall a lot of mods including SimpleDesk (argh at this Arantor, it popped out more than 500 errors in less than 5 minutes!!!).

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on June 18, 2014, 08:53:01 PM
Just a quick tip, try to install this one --> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2670 that allows you to install and uninstall mods very quickly (it has been debugged completely with me catching the last bug :P ) and maybe try to uninstall them and reinstall them. Once my whole forum crashed because I installed the SimpleAds mod and after that I had to reinstall a lot of mods including SimpleDesk (argh at this Arantor, it popped out more than 500 errors in less than 5 minutes!!!).

i just did now but new post still showing blank

Ninja ZX-10RR

Try to uninstall the related subjects mod and post again.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on June 18, 2014, 09:05:54 PM
Try to uninstall the related subjects mod and post again.

i have uninstall Related Topics and optimus mod and new post still showing black

Ninja ZX-10RR

Ok but what about error log right now? No more errors or more?

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: