News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

(ERRORS) in installing/upgrading Smf 2.07 to 2.0.8

Started by Xpresskonami, June 21, 2014, 06:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xpresskonami

Admin! I want to upgrade my smf to the latest version 2.0.8, I click the Admin > package manager to upgrade. Instead of bringing out smf 2.08, it brings out PHP5.5 I can't see the latest version of the smf. I check the bottom of my site and I can see it is still 2.0.6 instead of 2.0.7

Lou69

Sounds like you are in the right place.   :)   Just read a little more until you find this:

You can install this patch (click here to install) to fix your forum and update it to 2.0.7.

Click on the 'this patch (click here to install)' and the upgrade process will begin. 

ETA: colours added by me.  :)

Kindred

You can not upgrade form 2.0.6 to 2.0.8 by patch, without going through 2.0.7 first...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Lou69

Hmm .... well that is a good point about the upgrade process.  :)  I was thinking that he saw the PHP 5.5 blurb on the first sentence and stopped right there. I should have put a little more thought into my answer concering the upgrade path.   :laugh:

Kindred

Oh, yeah...
Xpresskonami,
The 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 updates are recommended for everyone, but are REQUIRED if your server is running php5.5 or MySQL 5.6
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Xpresskonami

Am done with it. But the main problem am having now is, if I log out from my site. And log in back. After logging in, if I click on any of my forum topics, it will log me out immediately to login back. Please what can I do to it??? 

Kindred

sounds like you have a bad session.

change your cookie name in Settings.php
delete your cookies for your site in your browser
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

Can't do that if hew can't log in long enough to view more than a single page...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: