News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Color membergroup

Started by Mac2213, June 23, 2014, 12:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac2213

So I was search for color member group. I mean I want to in posts and profile to see user name in group color if you know what I mean. Is there a mod for 2.0.8 for this. Thanks

br360

This one will do what you are looking for. http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3067

Yes, it will work fine on 2.0.8

Mac2213

why won't show color in the profile. thank

br360

I'm using that mod, and it does show color in profile. Try doing a hard refresh.

Mac2213

it doesn't work on profile.

br360

Oops, you're right. It shows the color everywhere but in the actual profile. Sorry about that.

Here is the support thread for that mod. Ask there to see if there is a way to add the color into the profile as well, and hopefully someone may have answer- http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=439878.0

Mac2213

I want just ask here. How can I remove text from profile or posts which says that user is administrator or something else. I just want show badges not text of group if you know what I mean. That it. Thanks

Kindred

1- support for mods is provided by the author of that mod. we do not support mods here.
2- You would have to edit Display.template.php for your theme to remove the title text
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mac2213

how can I do that? thanks

br360

Kindred, I think he is just asking how to remove something that honestly has nothing to do with the above mod in question.

I think this mod would do what you are asking- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2485

Mac2213

I waas find in dispplay template I delete for posts can you telll me what is this for?

show member custom title what's that for. thanks

edit: I was sucess remove text user groups but just for posts in display template how can and what is says in display template for removing profile user group text? thanks

Kindred

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Themes_and_Layout
Hide Post group titles for grouped members - Enabling this will hide a member's post group title on the message view if they are assigned to a non-post based group
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mac2213

Kindred

well,  that's not particularly helpful...   it doesn't work... HOW does it not work?

If that doesn't work, either you have done it wrong, you have been asking after the wrong thing, or you have something which undoes a basic feature of the product.
Слaва
Украинi

Mac2213

Quote from: br360 on June 23, 2014, 03:52:03 PM
Kindred, I think he is just asking how to remove something that honestly has nothing to do with the above mod in question.

I think this mod would do what you are asking- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2485

This is what I want but I select my version of smf which is 2.0.8 and it says that this mod is not compatible with my version of smf. Thanks

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Mac2213

Hello. Thankss Kindred. But this mod only hide administrators text user group

Deaks

it should hide anyone who is in a titled group, the picture only shoes administratotr
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kindred

???

yes... that is what it does...   it hides the membergroup TEXT title if there is a badge/icon defined for that membergroup.

that's what you asked for...
Слaва
Украинi

Mac2213

but why won't hide normal text user group for members if you know what I mean? Thanks

Kindred

do they have a badge/icon?

please give us a URL that shows the "problem"
Слaва
Украинi

Deaks

you wont to remove post groups like Semi-Newbie?

Do you want to remove them for everyone of just people who have been assigned to membergroups.  You are being very vague in your answers and I am sorry while it would be cool to do it, we cant read minds ;)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Mac2213

I want remove user group text in posts and profile also in messages that I want for administrators global moderators I mean for all membergroups not just administrators? thanks

Kindred

the mod, as supplied removes the text for ANY member who has a badge/icon defined for the membergroup.

And you really need to start asking mod specific questions in the support topic for that mod! !!!
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: