News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Who's on ignore list?

Started by Pudders, June 23, 2014, 03:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pudders

I have the Ignore User option enabled on my forum and wondered is there a way I can view who a member has 'ignored'? 

It looks like a certain problem member has ignored all the forum mods and although the ignore member option is very handy, it's proving a bit of a problem if she cannot see the mods comments about her actions.  Looking at my profile I can see my buddies and ignore list, but cannot work out how to view this on a specific member's profile.

NOTE - I don't want to use this to snoop on a member as they can ignore other members if they wish, it's just this one member I need to check.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Illori

other then viewing who is on a specific users ignore list, there is no way to view how many people have a certain user on their ignore list.

Pudders

Being able to view someone's ignore list would  be perfect - is there a way to do this?
At present I can only view my own.

Also I found a sort-off solution on another thread but cannot see this option under Features & Options (i'm using SMF 2.0.7 )

QuoteAre you still searching for this?

Admin>Features and Options>Basic Features

You should have a line called:  Allow members to ignore administrators and moderators, there shouldn't be a tick in the box to the right.
That should solve the problem.

Illori

ah, i thought you could view others buddy/ignore list but i guess not. sorry.

Pudders

Does anyone know of a way to stop Mod's being blocked then as although the ignore function is rally helpful on the forum I obviously don't want the mods to be blocked/ignored.

Thanks

Kindred

no....   I don't think admins can be blocked, but everyone else can...

and there is no way to view another user's buddy or ignore list without either going into the database or logging in as them...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deaks

Quote from: Kindred on June 23, 2014, 03:52:15 PM
no....   I don't think admins can be blocked, but everyone else can...

to add to kindred, no admins cannot be blocked :)

I dont need to think bout it lol :P
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Pudders

How can you login as another member?
It's not something I have had to do before and only because of this problem member - i'm the only admin so good to know I cannot be ignored, but really need to find out if she has the mods blocked.

Thanks

Deaks

you cant without knowing their password, and their is noway for you to get their password unless they give you it.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kindred

well, you CAN...  It's just not very nice...  you can take over the account by resetting the password yourself.

There is also a mod that allows an admin to switch to another user account, I think...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deaks

i thought that mod just allowed you to phantom post as the user.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Illori

Quote from: Μπράιαν on June 23, 2014, 04:11:26 PM
i thought that mod just allowed you to phantom post as the user.

nope it is to check permissions, but not access private parts of that users account.

Pudders

It's ok, am gonna run a test post on the forum to find out if she has them blocked and will then PM her about it if she does.  She's at 70% warning anyway so at this rate will be gone soon.

Thanks again

Deaks

keep us updated :)

Marked this as solved for now :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: