News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Redirection

Started by xJamie, June 23, 2014, 01:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mashby

The problem is truly with your friend though. Have him get a new computer. OK, that's not realistic. Maybe clear his cookies for that domain?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Ninja ZX-10RR

Everyone here is pointing out that only your friend has issues so maybe he should just reset his browser or try another one to see if the problem goes away or at least understand where the problem really is.
EDIT: Ninja'd by Runic  :-X
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

xJamie

Also this is not solved, why mark it solved?

This is not only happened with my friend, i repeat this is happened with almost all members on my forum..

Ninja ZX-10RR

Dude the problem is that none of us is experiencing what you say and only those ones are :( so it's obviously their problem and not SMF's...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Deaks

Jamie, you need to search every single file and to see if the misstype is listed, if its not in your files then issue isnt to do with smf.  Sorry, to be so blunt.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

mashby

That developer you fired. When did that happen? What caused you to fire him? It's also entirely possible it's not happening to us because we aren't logged in. Wondering if you can check the file dates on the SMF files. If you think your fired developer did this, it likely happened shortly after you fired him?
- James M. Barrie

xJamie

Quote from: mashby on June 23, 2014, 03:19:53 PM
That developer you fired. When did that happen? What caused you to fire him? It's also entirely possible it's not happening to us because we aren't logged in. Wondering if you can check the file dates on the SMF files. If you think your fired developer did this, it likely happened shortly after you fired him?

I fired the developer yesterday mainly because he was back stabbing me.

Alright, i found out if it. So me and my friend installed the google chrome browser on his computer over teamviewer. He was able to access the site and everything, but when he logged in, he got redirected to http://ownxile.com. When he opened a new tab and went to http://pwnxile.com, he still got redirected to http://ownxile.com

Try to register an account or login, I'm pretty sure you'll get redirected.

Why is this happening? How can I fix it?

Illori

without access to your server to look at all the files and the configuration we can guess all day what the developer may have modified to cause this to happen.

Deaks

ok I can confirm that users are being redirected.  I registered with the name runic.

xJamie, would you be willing to give my account admin access on a temporary basis, so I can check your theme itself.  When finished I will remove the access, and I can assure you I wont look anywhere but theme settings :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

xJamie

Quote from: Μπράιαν on June 23, 2014, 03:39:41 PM
ok I can confirm that users are being redirected.  I registered with the name runic.

xJamie, would you be willing to give my account admin access on a temporary basis, so I can check your theme itself.  When finished I will remove the access, and I can assure you I wont look anywhere but theme settings :)

Account details sent.

Deaks

ok this was easy to fix when I saw more of the source, what your former admin had done was create a new block using simple portal that was a redirect to ownxile.cm, this block was set up to be seen by users and not guests this is why we didnt get redirected.

I have removed the block and removed the admin access from my account.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

mashby

Nice detective work dude.  8)
- James M. Barrie

Deaks

I would delete that former admins account just incase.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: