News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Apple

Started by Mick., June 24, 2014, 02:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

Link to the theme

Apple is a professional light custom theme with social, links, About Us and Flickr widgets.  This theme uses CSS3 so may not work in all browsers,

Terms of use :

This theme is free for personal and commercial use. You are allowed to use it in your projects, change it and adapt for your purposes. You are not allowed to remove the authors copyright.

Demo:Support is not guaranteed on this theme!

grturner

I've been having some issues with this theme throwing errors in the footer.

8: Undefined index: fmenu_heading3
Line: 344 on index.template.php

8: Undefined index: fmenu_heading2
Line: 335 on index.template.php

8: Undefined index: fmenu_heading1
Line: 325 on index.template.php

They don't appear to alter functionality, but they do fill up my error log pretty fast since each page load throws three errors. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Justyne

Go to current theme, fill all the empty fields with something.  Save. Empty out the fields. Save again. Errors will disappear.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

kat

The demo link's a stiff, Mr. Yes. :(

Deaks

thanks mummy!!

And I know k@ who demo site has screwed up since server mover been meaning to fix it but you know me too lazy.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

kat

As long as you know... :)

Arantor

This theme has what I consider to be a bug; it calls for jQuery 1.4.2 from Google CDN, followed by immediately calling for 1.3.2 locally, before calling for its Twitter integration.

I'd prefer it to only call for one version of jQuery and I'd *really* prefer it to be a more recent version of jQuery. Like, say, 1.9+ (not sure if this would break the Twitter thing though)... and if it did have to call for the second, it should be checking that jQuery isn't already in existence first.

Deaks

this is being worked on and Arantor is testing a new package for me.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Deaks

latest twitter has been removed.

Thanks Arantor :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

kat

Arantor

Deaks

the menu bug has been fixed

simply search for width: 175px in the index.css and increase it to 215px
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

does the Latest Tweets option still need coded?
I can't seem to get mine to display anything other than Loading Tweets....
(tried with and without @username)

also, when viewing my site on a mobile device, my footer section's text is much bigger than it should be, appreciated if you can shed any light :P
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Deaks

yeh the feature has been removed  due to issues with the coding.

And I need more info as for footer
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

no worries, just wondered if I was just being stupid  :laugh:
& www.420connect.info via mobile device if you're able to test it out..

I'll try get a screenshot if not  :)
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

420Connect.co.uk

Hey Bryan,
(Hope you are well!)

I've run into a slight issue with the theme, I was wondering if you had run into before or would mind taking a look at.

I'm using a MOD that has a submenu, with one of the buttons having it's own submenu too..
The problem is the 3rd menu layer is displayed slightly too far away from the original menu, and when I try to move my mouse to it, it disappears before I can use it..  :(

(I also just seen I'd forgotten to take a picture of my last issue of the footer being strangely larger than everything else, on a mobile device.. - Pic below! :))

As always, thank you for any help you can provide!

Deaks

for the menu I cant replicate the issue, does it happen in curve? if not did the mod make changes to the css or curve but not css of apple

as for the mobile text size you would need to change it from the fixed size to a fluid size ... try remove text size from all area's of .footer in the css
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

Hey,

You would need to log in to have the additional menu's displayed..

420connect.info
smftest  / smftest

- Tested in curve and the submenu is displayed as it should be..
The mod is levertine gallery, as far as I know it made no edits but has it's own css included..

& that fixed the text size issue! - Thank you! :)

Arantor

For the record, LevGal does not alter any of the menu CSS, but it does issue a third level menu (Media > My Media > My Items) which a lot of mods don't.

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: Arantor on January 17, 2015, 02:32:10 PM
For the record, LevGal does not alter any of the menu CSS, but it does issue a third level menu (Media > My Media > My Items) which a lot of mods don't.

Thanks for dropping by Pete ;)

Deaks

See if you said it was levgal id have blamed arantor for alot more :D

anyway wild guess without checking your site would be this

#navigation li ul ul {
margin: -27px 0 0 195px;
}

try changing 195 to say to 190 as I said this is guess front looking at the css
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

Haha   O:)

I tried setting it to 190 which had little effect, so tried another number to see if it helped..
I'm now able to bring it slightly closer but there is still a little gap, where my mouse loses menu focus :(

edit:

I'm playing around with the numbers in the section you pointed out,
I'm able to get it so the 3rd layer almost, expands from the original menu although it's slightly out of place..
I'll keep playing :P

Deaks

adding left: -10px; to that area

sorry I never coded theme :P
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Antechinus

Just set the margin to sightly less than the second level's width.

420Connect.co.uk

Hey,
sorry, it takes a little longer testing when having to clear my cookies to see the results etc.

I've got this for now which has brought the 2 menu's close enough to not have a gap between  ;D

#navigation li ul ul {
margin: -27px 0 0 170px;

}

Thank you for the help guys!

420Connect.co.uk

Wassup Bry!

- Wondering if you would be up for a custom mobile optimised version of Apple / helping make my altered version better on mobile devices.
I'd be happy to pay for the services but wouldn't know how much to offer..

Let me know your thoughts!

edit: also, any 2.1 plans for Apple?

Deaks

Custom mobile version I cant do, sorry.

2.1 version of all Mick's themes I am working on but time is limited.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

Thank you for the reply and I look forward to 2.1 being a stable release (and when the themes are ready!)
- I've seen/heard 2.1s already got a lot of improvements re: mobile devices..   8)

Deaks

2.1 theme is responsive so it works well for mobile and desktop.  Apple Theme will also be updated slightly to keep updates on 2.1 simple, but will be easily recognized.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

I really look forward to it and 2.1's release!

Thanks again Bry!

420Connect.co.uk

:P It would be me again!..

This time I think I've found out what is causing a bug on my site and wondered if it would be easy to solve..
Forgive me for my wrong terminology etc. but hopefully you understand what I mean..

Basically I believe a MOD I want to use, has it's own .css / variable that defines it's own ".user" / <span class="user"> parts..
but the Apple theme also uses .user and <span class="user">

& I think this is what is causing a weird .css issue I've had for a while now..

Would it be difficult to change my files to something different or are these .. "core" parts?

I can give more details if needed and any help is much appreciated!

Cheers

Deaks

depends really their are a few ways to do this, you could change your mods .user to something else and their instance in the css aswell (look at what the mod adds for .user) or similar for the theme.  Aslong as the class isnt used already should be fine
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

So if I just changed every instance of  .user in either of them to something else, that should work?

:-P (Levgal again)

Deaks

im going to kill Arantor.

in index.template.php find user class and rename it to whatever I will forever love you if you change it to runicisgreat

then search for .user and change the .user instances in the css to your new class.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: Ρουνικ on April 02, 2015, 07:20:31 PM
im going to kill Arantor.

in index.template.php find user class and rename it to whatever I will forever love you if you change it to runicisgreat

then search for .user and change the .user instances in the css to your new class.

Perfect!

I can't thank you enough and can't believe it was such an easy fix after having that bug me for so long! :D
:P .. I feel like sherlock holmes finding the cause (lol) & I used "runicisgreat" as a sign of appreciation too! :P

Many thanks as always Bry! .. until next time! :P

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

Hey Bryan,
(Hope you're well!)

I've 2 questions / things I'm interested to know about the main menu in Apple..

a) Would it be a pain to change the menu over to use... "click to open" menu's rather than "hover-over" ?
and / or would it be possible to enable only the "click version" for mobile devices only?

b)  How can I center it?  :P
     .. I've tried a few things but nothing seems to have worked?

Many thanks as always!

Deaks

a) would require some javascript to do so is outwith scope of support I will give (sorry)
b) no clue not looked at the code in a while ill get back to you when i finish uni reports (wed next week)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

420Connect.co.uk

not to worry and nice one, cheers! :)

benjauregui

Hi, i'm using this theme and I noticed the login button is unbalanced. How do I fix it?

Great theme btw!

ARG01

Quote from: benjauregui on April 26, 2015, 06:12:03 PM
Hi, i'm using this theme and I noticed the login button is unbalanced. How do I fix it?

Great theme btw!

I am just guessing that you need to expand the userarea width. A link to your site would help.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

benjauregui

Quote from: SimpMode (ARG) on April 26, 2015, 07:12:42 PM
Quote from: benjauregui on April 26, 2015, 06:12:03 PM

Great theme btw!

I am just guessing that you need to expand the userarea width. A link to your site would help.

foropruebapsu.byethost32.com/index.php

420Connect.co.uk

I'm also using this theme although I have changed many parts of it..

The following should achieve what you're after..

Trial different numbers to shift parts around (where it says width & margin etc.) but this seems to work fine for me:

In themes/Apple/css/Index.css

open and find:
.user {
float: right;
width: 70px;
  margin-top: -4%;
padding: 10px;
color: #555;
}
.user a {
}
.user a:hover {
color: #4c80ab;
}
.user p {
float: left;
margin: 0 1em 1em 0;
padding: 0;
}
.user img.avatar {
width: 55px;
height: 55px;
}
.user ul {
margin: 0;
padding-left: 10px;
}
.user ul li {
margin-bottom: 2px;
}
.user ul li.greeting {
font-size: 12px;
font-weight: bold;
line-height: 12px;
}
.user input.input_text, .user input.input_password {
background: #fcfcfc;
border: 1px solid #dcdcdc;
outline: none;
padding: 4px;
color: #9d9d9a;
}
.user input.button_submit {
background: #4c80ab;
border: 1px solid #4c80ab;
color: #f1f1f1;
padding: 3px 6px;

replace with:

.user {
height: 70px;
margin-top: -1%;
padding: 22px;
color: #fff;
}
.user a {
color: #fff;
}
.user a:hover {
color: #79a60e;
}
.user p {
margin: 0 1em 1em 0;
padding: 0;
}
.user img.avatar {
width: 55px;
height: 55px;
}
.user ul {
padding-left: 10px;
}
.user ul li {
margin-bottom: 2px;
}
.user ul li.greeting {
font-size: 12px;
font-weight: bold;
line-height: 12px;
color: white;
}
.user input.input_text, .user input.input_password {
background: #fcfcfc;
border: 1px solid #dcdcdc;
outline: none;
padding: 4px;
color: #9d9d9a;
}
.user input.button_submit {
background: #4c80ab;
border: 1px solid #4c80ab;
color: #f1f1f1;
padding: 4px 16px;

I've possibly changed other parts like the logo size which could turn out a bit different on yours but try this and see how you get on! :)

~ Just tested this on your site and updated the code to what i imagine you're looking to achieve.. ~ enjoy :)

ARG01

I am not sure what code 420connect is using as it does not seem to contain the width for the ".user" as in the original file. For starters you could simply try finding this and expanding the width from 320px to maybe 420px:

.user {
    margin-top: 0;
    width: 320px;
}

The Language you are using requires longer words to fit in that area, which is the direct cause of your issue.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

420Connect.co.uk

Strange!
I must have removed it at some point to achieve something else..

still works from what I can see though? :)

420Connect.co.uk

Just noticed you have a very long news item that spills onto your main forum so fixed that up for you too..

Attached file should replicate this:

:)

You can try this and see how it works out for you: (Attached)

Remember to make a copy of your original one though!  ;)

ARG01

Quote from: 420connect.info on April 27, 2015, 12:58:55 PM
Strange!
I must have removed it at some point to achieve something else..

still works from what I can see though? :)

That was my point. You were offering advice using file code that was not original, which usually results in more confusion than anything else.

420Connect.co.uk

Mine began the same as the OP's although I think I remember removing the width as it caused a secondary issue with how things were displayed to members as opposed to guests once fixing the first issue..  :laugh:

ARG01

Quote from: 420connect.info on April 27, 2015, 01:53:18 PM
Mine began the same as the OP's although I think I remember removing the width as it caused a secondary issue with how things were displayed to members as opposed to guests once fixing the first issue..  :laugh:

If you removed the width from your code, then yours was not the same as the OP's. Considering that the width is the focus of the OP's issue and solution, I find it difficult to understand your logic.

420Connect.co.uk

I mean I began with the same as the OP, and also wanted to achieve the same thing a while ago..
I've not really got much knowledge of css/php or any language to be honest but all I know is without it / that code, solved my issues :P

ARG01

I have been using SMF since it's creations, and have been desiging themes fpr SMF since 2007. If I remember correctly, until just recently, the vast majority of your posts here were in the form of support requests.

What I am attempting to drive into your brain here is that the user will more than likely be confused when those offering support are offing inaccurate information. In your case, offering support using different code than the original or, different code of the user.

What I am getting at is that you suggested the user find this in their file:

.user {
width: 70px;
  margin-top: -4%;
}

Which their file actually contained this:

.user {
    margin-top: 0;
    width: 320px;
}

A beginner may find this quite confusing since your code is different from what they have. Not only does the code that you suggest they find not contain the "width", as theirs does but is also laid out different from theirs. From experience, this could result in the user needlessly searching through code for hours.

If you cant comprehend that, then I guess we are done here.

Best of luck benjauregui.  ;)

420Connect.co.uk

Sorry? ..I never meant to cause such a scene :P

.. I see now where I had gone wrong in my first reply, I must have copied the wrong code part for my "find" suggestion..

I'll be sure to review my posts before trying to help out next time..

benjauregui

Quote from: 420connect.info on April 27, 2015, 01:14:22 PM
Just noticed you have a very long news item that spills onto your main forum so fixed that up for you too..

Attached file should replicate this:

:)

You can try this and see how it works out for you: (Attached)

Remember to make a copy of your original one though!  ;)

Would you mind telling me what styles did you adjust? Because i just changed .user and .user input.button_submit from the index.css you posted and it looks like this.

I was trying something else with that news, it's not like its going to be that long lol

Also, this is really off topic because its not a theme question, but when I edit style and things like that on google chrome it takes ages to show the changes, do you know how to fix that?

ARG01

For one thing that entire header area is a mess. That theme was not designed to have that huge clock, which even without looking through the code I can tell that it more than likely has a lot to do with your issue. But if the clock is necessary, removing the News area may help. Or at least try moving the News text to the left instead of having it centered. I believe that this setting is in your index.template file instead of index.css, where it should be.

Also try adjusting the padding for the .user area.

Find,

.user {
    height: 80px;
    margin-top: 3%;
    padding: 22px;
}

change to,

.user {
    height: 80px;
    margin-top: 3%;
    padding: 2px 22px;
}

Advertisement: