News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to Make the Header Disappear As You Scroll

Started by BeastMode, June 28, 2014, 06:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeastMode

Hey everyone,
I'm using the "Joli by DzinerStudio" theme, and the header is quite big and it stays in place as you scroll down any page. This is very annoying, and I would like only/atleast the large part of the header (that does not have navigation/tabs) to disappear as I scroll down the page, that way members do not need to scroll that far down to access information.

Also, I am TERRIBLE with scripting. If someone could put the explanation in Lehman's terms for me, that would be much appreciated.

Burke ♞ Knight

For theme Related Questions it is best to ask the theme author. You can find a link to a topic for the theme or a support board on the theme's page in the Theme Site

BeastMode

Quote from: BurkeKnight on June 28, 2014, 06:08:46 PM

For theme Related Questions it is best to ask the theme author. You can find a link to a topic for the theme or a support board on the theme's page in the Theme Site

Hey Burke,
I actually found the DzinerStudio support forum and everything, but they have deleted/removed support on the Joli theme. I was wondering if there was any generic way of removing the fixed header in this theme, as there clearly isn't any help for this..

Illori

since most likely this is specific to that theme, you are best to post in the support thread for it. those that use the theme would be best to help you with this.

Burke ♞ Knight

It could be in css or coded in the php files, for all I know.
I never used their themes, so I'm no help on this one. :(

@Illori

The OP just said, that the maker's dropped support for this theme.

Illori

Quote from: BurkeKnight on June 28, 2014, 06:22:33 PM
@Illori

The OP just said, that the maker's dropped support for this theme.

i said others that use the theme could help... and that theme does not seem to be found on the theme site so not much we can do to help.

Deaks

it is a paid theme by Dziner Studio, so if the OP has bought it from the site then DS will provide support.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Burke ♞ Knight

That's what I was meaning, Illori.
It's only supported on their site, and they dropped support for it.
Means, the OP has to come here, and post somewhere, to see if someone can help.

If they dropped support for it, then it should no longer be available, anywhere, in my opinion.

BeastMode

Apologies for the weird thread - I figured the scripting for this would be similar to all other themes, which in case would get me an answer quickly. They've completely dropped support on their website, dzinerstudio.com.

Deaks

ShaqPG, can I ask a weird question, but what is your username on DzinerStudio.com
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Burke ♞ Knight

Looks to me that they are still going.
Have you registered an account at their site?
You can't see the support forums for the paid themes, unless you are logged in, it seems.

Deaks

I just asked a friend who has Club Member access to confirm my suspicion, and Joli does have a support board, if the OP has bought the theme legally then he will have access for as long as his subscription is valid.  Most people who ask (not saying this is the case here) for support on SMF Site for a premium theme have got hold of the theme through less than respectable means.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

BeastMode

Quote from: Μπράιαν on June 28, 2014, 06:54:50 PM
I just asked a friend who has Club Member access to confirm my suspicion, and Joli does have a support board, if the OP has bought the theme legally then he will have access for as long as his subscription is valid.  Most people who ask (not saying this is the case here) for support on SMF Site for a premium theme have got hold of the theme through less than respectable means.

I did log in, but I do not have a paid account (didn't buy the theme). That explains it.

RIP non-fixed header dreams

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Burke ♞ Knight

Indeed seems like it, old friend.

I'd like to know how the OP got the theme, and where.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I believe that the user should be reported to Dzinerstudio and he should not receive any help. At least I will not help him from now on.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

BeastMode

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on June 28, 2014, 07:15:08 PM
I believe that the user should be reported to Dzinerstudio and he should not receive any help. At least I will not help him from now on.

Lmao. I was not the one that got the theme - a buddy designed the website for me but we do not speak very much any more. I'm unsure if all of that is necessary, you act as if I am a dirty, rotten crook who just robbed a bank, haha. I apologize in that case, but you could see that I did not even know it was a premium theme from my earlier reply to this post. Just was looking for assistance on a support forum..

ARG01

Quote from: ShaqPG on June 28, 2014, 06:18:33 PM

Hey Burke,
I actually found the DzinerStudio support forum and everything, but they have deleted/removed support on the Joli theme. I was wondering if there was any generic way of removing the fixed header in this theme, as there clearly isn't any help for this..

The support boards for Joli has not been removed or deleted. You simply don't have access because you have failed to meet club  membership requirements.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ShaqPG on June 29, 2014, 12:14:09 AM

Lmao. I was not the one that got the theme - a buddy designed the website for me but we do not speak very much any more. I'm unsure if all of that is necessary, you act as if I am a dirty, rotten crook who just robbed a bank, haha. I apologize in that case, but you could see that I did not even know it was a premium theme from my earlier reply to this post. Just was looking for assistance on a support forum..
This is my last message in this topic I don't want to go Off Topic because I would be doing it...
Ignorance is not a justification. That's all. Peace.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

BeastMode

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on June 29, 2014, 01:27:53 AM
Quote from: ShaqPG on June 29, 2014, 12:14:09 AM

This is my last message in this topic I don't want to go Off Topic because I would be doing it...
Ignorance is not a justification. That's all. Peace.

Oh man, I am in use of a premium theme that I did not pay for, somebody quick call 911.

You are completely overreacting. You're making comments on ignorance, yet I made this thread to acquire knowledge. I apologized, there is nothing more I could do. If you were ignorant on web design and a guy offered to do it for you for free, and obtained a quality theme for free, would you refuse?

Advertisement: