Display search keyword in URL

Started by MESWEB, July 06, 2014, 05:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

SMF official site isn't watching it. It's a by-product of how the search dropdown works, not an intentional thing.

Here's a hint of why this doesn't work, do a search on something common. Now go to page 2 and look at the URL you get. Something along the lines of index.php?action=search2;params=eJwtzDEOgCAMheG7uLg6eR0CpQYNUFNQY9LD2xq2_33D8_H2FTDKLItMEthqtWyJHgdUzowdFY2ucCB0RzW_Q4i7FmPG_2eQizsrR2xggp4h6W5l-wClfCxC;start=20

It just doesn't work. And that's from this site.

Kindred

we are not "watching"

It is simply a side effect of something we did to enhance search on this site...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MESWEB

Quote from: ‽ on July 12, 2014, 03:30:36 PM
SMF official site isn't watching it. It's a by-product of how the search dropdown works, not an intentional thing.

Here's a hint of why this doesn't work, do a search on something common. Now go to page 2 and look at the URL you get. Something along the lines of index.php?action=search2;params=eJwtzDEOgCAMheG7uLg6eR0CpQYNUFNQY9LD2xq2_33D8_H2FTDKLItMEthqtWyJHgdUzowdFY2ucCB0RzW_Q4i7FmPG_2eQizsrR2xggp4h6W5l-wClfCxC;start=20

It just doesn't work. And that's from this site.

I don't want see values from second searching page. I WANT SEE WORDS TYPING TO SEARCHING FIELD - just only this, no more. You are don't understand something or You are not smart?

Quote from: Kindred on July 12, 2014, 03:33:19 PM
we are not "watching"

Yeah sure  :laugh:
PIWIK + "search="(value) = IP + time + URL search with words. Don't tell me is this not true.

Arantor

It's not true. SMF doesn't use Piwik analysis here. In any case, the whole nature of the way search works means trying to analyse it is not useful as we tried to tell you.

MESWEB

PIWIK is not only one Analytics app there is more and more like Google Analytics, WebAlizer, Serwer Logs and other. If something is not useful then it is not used. So if the parameter "search=" is not useful then why is on official site SMF? Just turn off - because this is Interference with the right policies.

Quote from: ‽ on July 12, 2014, 03:53:53 PM
It's not true. SMF doesn't use Piwik analysis here.

Do You have any evidence to not "using" PIWIK or any Analytics? So I do not believe your words

Adrek

Kurde, nie rozumiesz tego, że to jest efekt uboczny modyfikacji działających na tej stronie? Są to modyfikacje napisane specjalnie dla forum simplemachines.org i nie mogą być publicznie dostępne. Nie szukaj dziury w całym...
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Arantor

QuoteSo if the parameter "search=" is not useful then why is on official site SMF? Just turn off - because this is Interference with the right policies.

Because as we have told you, it is simply a by product of the way the mod works. It is not nearly the big deal you make it out to be, especially since the search information if it isn't in the URL is sent in other ways that any analytics could pick up if they wanted to.

QuoteDo You have any evidence to not "using" PIWIK or any Analytics? So I do not believe your words

Aside from no references in the source to Piwik's tracker, the fact that I'm ex-dev team of SMF and know better than most people about what's going on in the source...? I don't especially appreciate being called a liar by someone who has no understanding of the subject at hand.

Of course I could get any of the project managers here to tell you the same thing and you wouldn't believe them either.

MESWEB

Quote from: phantomm on July 12, 2014, 04:09:12 PM
Kurde, nie rozumiesz tego, że to jest efekt uboczny modyfikacji działających na tej stronie? Są to modyfikacje napisane specjalnie dla forum simplemachines.org i nie mogą być publicznie dostępne. Nie szukaj dziury w całym...

I understand perfectly. I'm not looking for holes throughout. I just want to know why I'm spied and why I can't myself to spying? A side effect of the mod is the explanation of a child with school! It's like the question of a policeman - why do you use weapons? I answer: Because it is a side effect of a large amount of money.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:. @ phantomm - better if You use English.

Arantor

You're not being spied upon, simple as that!

MESWEB

Quote from: ‽ on July 12, 2014, 04:24:34 PM
You're not being spied upon, simple as that!

As I said before, I do not believe your words.
This site is don't using https:// and this connection is not encrypted. NSA is watching me :)

Arantor

And you really think cloaking your search terms is going to make a difference? Hint: it's still passed through the form normally when you submit. It must still be going to the server.

SMF isn't spying on you, which is what I've been saying all along.

But if you don't believe me, who will you believe? Answer: no-one. Because no matter what evidence you're provided with, you're never going to believe it.

If you're bothered by being spied upon, why are you even here hassling people with your ill-informed opinions?

Adrek

Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Kindred

Arantor has already explained the details and I, as project manager for the software and Vice President of the corporation have made a statement confirming that.   That is the truth. Plain and simple.

you can believe whatever you want...  But your believe does not make anything actually true... If just means that you are believing in something untrue.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

If you use the internet, you're being watched, whatever your government tells you.

SMF isn't watching you, at all, because, to put it in simple terms, we don't care! :)

Think about it... Why the Hell would we WANT to watch you?

MESWEB

Quote from: K@ on July 12, 2014, 05:11:18 PM
Think about it... Why the Hell would we WANT to watch you?

Better if You ask me - Why the Hell would we don't publish mod which one creating searching words URL?

Quote from: phantomm on July 12, 2014, 04:42:51 PM

Arantor

Despite the fact that the mod is useless to most people because it explicitly ties into site architecture that most users don't have... that's why it isn't published.

I think it's hilarious that we've gone from you wanting to do this, to you complaining that we're doing this as though it's a bad thing. It's not a good thing or a bad thing, it's just a thing.

I suggest the moderators lock this thread, it's not going anywhere good.

Kindred

Agreed.  Asked, answered and beat into the ground...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: