Easiest way to display a list of everyone whos added me as a buddy on my profile

Started by samborabora, July 07, 2014, 06:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

There is one mod that can add buddy via display page. May be he is using that one. It should however have the same effect as the one in profile page.

samborabora

Quote from: dougiefresh on July 17, 2014, 03:23:02 PM
Quote from: samborabora on July 17, 2014, 12:39:15 AM
I gave this version a go, and now the add buddy link just goes to a white blank screen! I tested after uninstalling it, and it works if the mod is not installed, so this versions definitely causing something to break, I'm afraid!
The only add buddy link that I'm aware of is in the Profiles page of another user.  My tests work fine for that.  So I assume that you're using custom code....  correct?

I can't quite remember if it was a script from here or just the one in the default theme, I split it apart so I could define separate styles for the links, but it works the same, here's the add link:
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=buddy;u=', $context['id_member'], ';', $context['session_var'], '=', $context['session_id'], '">', $txt['buddy_add'], ' ', $context['member']['name'], '</a>

Quote from: ahrasis on July 17, 2014, 03:27:52 PM
There is one mod that can add buddy via display page. May be he is using that one. It should however have the same effect as the one in profile page.
I'm using the link in the profile page, I haven't got the add buddy on the profile page, but like you say it should work the same?

dougiefresh

Quote from: samborabora on July 17, 2014, 04:54:11 PM
I can't quite remember if it was a script from here or just the one in the default theme, I split it apart so I could define separate styles for the links, but it works the same, here's the add link:
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=buddy;u=', $context['id_member'], ';', $context['session_var'], '=', $context['session_id'], '">', $txt['buddy_add'], ' ', $context['member']['name'], '</a>
@samborabora: It should work.  I installed it on my clean localhost  forum and it worked just fine, but I didn't make any other modifications.....  Attach your Profile.template.php, as well as the Profile-Modify.php from Sources here so I can look at it....  (I don't think it's related to my mod, but if it is, I'll update the mod to correct it!)

@Everybody: The mod has been approved.  Please discuss the mod in this topic.  Thanks.

Bigguy

Well with regards to the mod I mentioned, it is in the tips and tricks section call add buddy button on post (display) page. It has been used by Mr. Pedram in his mod Buddies Block.

By this mod, user can add a buddy (follow a member) via post / display page (instead of only from their profile page). Note: Depending on how it is useful and important, this add buddy (follow a member) things can be extended to memberlist, board index, messsage index if someone is willing to code it. I can see dougiefresh is very good in creating good mods, so may be, just may be, he can look into it? :)

I am however not so sure whether this will be included in dougiefresh Followers List mod though I really think it should works just fine.

samborabora

Quote from: ahrasis on July 18, 2014, 08:10:15 AM
Well with regards to the mod I mentioned, it is in the tips and tricks section call add buddy button on post (display) page. It has been used by Mr. Pedram in his mod Buddies Block.

By this mod, user can add a buddy (follow a member) via post / display page (instead of only from their profile page). Note: Depending on how it is useful and important, this add buddy (follow a member) things can be extended to memberlist, board index, messsage index if someone is willing to code it. I can see dougiefresh is very good in creating good mods, so may be, just may be, he can look into it? :)

I am however not so sure whether this will be included in dougiefresh Followers List mod though I really think it should works just fine.

I think anything that could go towards working and strengthening the Followers mod expanding it's integration would be beneficial, so +1 this. Dougiefresh has done an incredible job so far (still hoping to get it to work with add buddy links in addition to the submit form) and hopefully people will appreciate this incredibly useful mod he's coded.

(PS, aharis, you're too modest, you're work on that improved times mod is amazing, I think ALOT of people are very happy with what you've done ;) )

dougiefresh

Quote from: samborabora on July 18, 2014, 09:57:16 AM
I think anything that could go towards working and strengthening the Followers mod expanding it's integration would be beneficial, so +1 this.  Dougiefresh has done an incredible job so far (still hoping to get it to work with add buddy links in addition to the submit form) and hopefully people will appreciate this incredibly useful mod he's coded.
Thanks, guys!  I don't see how that tip/trick has any relationship a list of people who are buddies with you....  Doesn't mean it can't be made into a separate mod though, because that trick relies on a nearby piece of code within Sub-Members.php;D  So, if I were to write this mod, based on that trick, where should I put the buddy links?  I mean, post display code and memberlist is kinda obvious, but board index and message index?

samborabora

Quote from: dougiefresh on July 19, 2014, 07:53:14 PM

Quote from: samborabora on July 18, 2014, 09:57:16 AM
I think anything that could go towards working and strengthening the Followers mod expanding it's integration would be beneficial, so +1 this.  Dougiefresh has done an incredible job so far (still hoping to get it to work with add buddy links in addition to the submit form) and hopefully people will appreciate this incredibly useful mod he's coded.
Thanks, guys!  I don't see how that tip/trick has any relationship a list of people who are buddies with you....  Doesn't mean it can't be made into a separate mod though, because that trick relies on a nearby piece of code within Sub-Members.php;D  So, if I were to write this mod, based on that trick, where should I put the buddy links?  I mean, post display code and memberlist is kinda obvious, but board index and message index?
Is the followers mod working with add buddy links at the moment? I attached the two files you requested to the mod support topic, is it working with the default theme or is it just me currently?

dougiefresh

Sure!   ;D Quick Buddies v1.0 mod has been released.  Waiting for approval....  Thanks, ahrasis for pointing me to the  Add Buddy Button On Post thread!

Quote from: samborabora on July 20, 2014, 09:49:17 AM
Is the followers mod working with add buddy links at the moment? I attached the two files you requested to the mod support topic, is it working with the default theme or is it just me currently?
@samborabora:  Well, I don't know if it does, but the mod mentioned above should automate the install of this tip/trick.  The tip/trick isn't exactly compatible with the Followers mod because it makes some changes in the same area as the tip/trick.  So find this string:
Code (Find) Select
// Redirect back to the profile
and replace the line below it with this:
Code (Replace) Select
// Redirect back to the profile
if (isset($_GET['topic']))
redirectexit('topic=' . $_GET['topic'] . ';msg' . $_GET['msg'] . '#msg' . $_GET['msg']);
else
redirectexit('action=profile;u=' . $_REQUEST['u']);

These manual steps will get the tip/trick to work.  The Quick Buddies mod will co-exist with the Followers mod, as well as the Buddies Block mod.

Quote from: samborabora on July 20, 2014, 09:49:17 AM
I attached the two files you requested to the mod support topic, is it working with the default theme or is it just me currently?
Can you remove that post from the mod thread?  It doesn't belong there, as I asked you to attach those files to THIS thread.

Quote from: dougiefresh on July 20, 2014, 12:10:05 PM

Sure!   ;D Quick Buddies v1.0 mod has been released.  Waiting for approval....  Thanks, ahrasis for pointing me to the  Add Buddy Button On Post thread!

That was quick! Nice job.

dougiefresh

Took me about a day  :P  Thanks!

Also wrote a Lazy Admin Menu mod today, loosely based on snow's post from [TIP] Lazy Admin Menu....

dougiefresh

Both have been approved.  Please discuss them in the appropriate thread....

Advertisement: