News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Don't Know what is the problem

Started by -Captain Ghost-, July 10, 2014, 10:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Captain Ghost-

Hello,
Don't know if i am posting in write section or not.my problem is the files which are placed in root of public_html are not accesible by typing address in address bar not even sitemap.xml is accessible

Whenever i type mydomainname.com/sitemap.xml it does not load up.and similarly for other files

But whenever i use this link it shows up but not while typing the link in address bar.

Hope any one will help me.

Thanks, :-X

margarett

Which MOD are you using for sitemap?
SMF, by default, doesn't provide one...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

-Captain Ghost-

Thanks for replying but this problem is not particular for this mod optimus brave seo mod but whatever I put in root of public html folder does not load up when accessing it with address bar.and if I access it with file manager of my host it shows up

Hope you understood my problem.

Thanks

margarett

Assuming your site is a2zshare.tk (from one of your previous posts), if I write in my address bar:
http://a2zshare.tk/sitemap.xml

My browser is redirected to:
http://a2zsharing.tk/

See the different domain names? You should have something messed up in your .htaccess

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

-Captain Ghost-

margarett

ZerK

emmm i think .tk domains arent really asigned to the server using dns, instead it shows a frame of the website.

when he clicks the link in the admin panel its the frame which opens the sitemap, if he tries to go directly using the .tk domain it wont work.

-Captain Ghost-

margarett

You have something rewriting your URLs and that screws up other stuff...

RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp|tiff)$ http://a2zsharing.tk [R,NC]
There you have, a2zsharing.tk

I'd say, just remove this file.

-Captain Ghost-

margarett

Check if the file wasn't recreated. If so, there's any other application managing this stuff. This is hardly SMF-related, methinks...

-Captain Ghost-

Very strange I deleted .htaccess file and everything is working.
But is it good to delete.htaccess???

Thanks

margarett

It's not strange. The redirects present there are explicit.

It might be good or bad if you have something useful inside. Many sites run perfectly without any .htaccess. In your case, I have no idea why it was there in the first place, you also don't so it shouldn't do no harm :)

-Captain Ghost-

Thanks again for solving my problem

Advertisement: