javascript only seem to work on frontpage?

Started by Snickers, October 09, 2005, 02:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snickers

hello, it seems javascript only works on index.php on my site...

Like, the when making a post the more smileys doesn't work, when editing your signature the little option that tells how many character max and how many used wont budge and the "jump to" go button does not react either...

help?

Snickers

Also, the list of avatars you can choose (brought by the forum) from does not work, it shows the box with the lists:

actors etc, but it wont show any pictures if you choose a selection

Also, IN Look and Layout Preferences the (auto detect) does not seem to work, not sure though

Snickers

Snickers

oh and the last part:

it might also be the thing causing the line break error?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=52501.0

and btw: my browser, when pressing preview makes a refresh instead of the fetching preview thing.. I'm using FireFox

xenovanis

Try uploading the files from the updatepackage again.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Snickers

xenovanis

Yes, the updatepackage for the version of SMF you are using. You can find it on the downloadpage.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Snickers

but I am not planning to overwrite all my coding??

I've done a lot of edits a lot of places...

xenovanis

Yes, well, those edits could be very well causing you problems, but that's up to you.

Snickers

the thing is, there must be one file that ******s up javascript, which file is it and I'll take a look at it?

Its really asking a lot starting my forum all over...

xenovanis

I can't tell you. There could be a lot of things or just one, but somehow it's conflicting. Maybe you remember when it started?

Snickers

Not unfortunally, I don't  :'(

But I've only done some light editing such as adding BBC and other things, but I have done tons of it  :'(

but it thought the thing that causes javascript to load is one specific places?

(or is all these errors not java?)

Advertisement: