News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Updated Registration Agreement

Started by Daniel15, March 11, 2007, 11:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

I'm not the mod author, but I'd say to not do it because this mod needs more in-depth changes than what you mentioned. Did you test it?

TakeMeNL

Quote from: live627 on February 22, 2011, 02:58:00 PM
I'm not the mod author, but I'd say to not do it because this mod needs more in-depth changes than what you mentioned. Did you test it?

Yes i tested on my own forum until al error where gone.
It makes a database, when you change the agreement it will show that you must accept the new one.

So I think it's ready for RC5 :)

----
TakeMeNL

Krillin

Well, I like the idea for this mod, but I have a serious problem with SMF 2.0 RC5.

I followed the instruction for a manual install for said SMF version.

I go to load the forum back up and the agreement page loads up. But when I click on 'I Agree' I get the following error;
Database Error
Unknown column 'agreement_accepted' in 'field list'
File: C:\inetpub\krillinsworld\forum\Sources\Subs.php
Line: 555

This is the lines in Subs.php 550 - 555. Line 555 is just the last line below which is not enough information so this is the group of that failed point;
$smcFunc['db_query']('', '
UPDATE {db_prefix}members
SET' . substr($setString, 0, -1) . '
WHERE ' . $condition,
$parameters
);

What can we do to get this working with RC5.

Thanks in advance.
Gaming Community Web Site
Forums Use: SMF 2.0.18
Mods Installed: (NONE)
Browser: Chrome

Krillin

The problem was it did not create the database entry. Had to create it manually. I suppose this is true if you do a manual install of this mod.

Admins of SMF 2.0 RC5 be aware.

I am glad I am trained in SQL.

Thanks...

Goodman854

Krillin

It doesn't install itself on RC5, but yes. With a little work and know know it can work.

We are proof that one can get it working in 2.0 RC5. We have it working on ours.

Thanks...

Goodman854

Krillin

Quote from: goodman854 on March 27, 2011, 11:53:09 PM
Can you tell me how O.O?
Go here: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=727
On the Right where it says Download this mod
Save the file as you will need two files in the package as per the instructions you will see on the next step,
On the drop-down menu, next to Manual Install Instructions for SMF select 2.0 RC5.

Make sure you make a backup in case you mess it up to be safe. Follow the instructions on editing the files manually
(take it this step slow and easy and DO NOT rush).

You will need to insert the MySQL database statement yourself. This is going to take some know how bur I will share my experience with you.
ALTER TABLE `DBNAME`.`smf_members` ADD `agreement_accepted` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;
Modify the DBNAME and PREFIX (if needed, the default is smf_) to your current settings.

You can try putting your forums in Emulate Mode for RC4 in  Admin --> under Main heading Select Packages then ADVANCE section and see if that will work in modifying the files for you, not too sure about the database entry. I have not tried it this way yet.

Good luck.

WantSome

Hiya!

I really want to use this modification because I think it could be quite useful, however, I can't seem to get it to display quite right on some custom themes.  I have used this only on my test site which is essentially a copy of my main site.  So I don't want to apply this on my main site until I can get it to work.

Actually, the function of the mod works.  However the line 'We have recently updated our registration agreement. In order to use our forum, you must agree to its terms, so please read through it carefully:' does not appear (just a blank space where I suppose it should be).  Also, the button which should say 'I Agree' is blank (just a grey square).

I installed this with the package manager, but when I realised the problem I checked the manual parsing and made sure that all my files were right.  The only one that didn't seem to have the right stuff was the ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php which I modified as instructed on the manual parsing info (I also modified the ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php to be sure.)

However, I still don't get a nice description to tell my users what is happening and the button to submit remains blank.  This is happening on all themes except the default one, although most of my themes are modified copies of the default and use the same sources and information.

Help?

EDIT:  I've double checked and this is in fact happening on all themes INCLUDING the smf default them. 

I'm running smf 1.1.13

Eclipse16V

Has anyone this for the 2.0 Version of SMF?
Thanks
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

shinyidol

I have it kinda working in SMF 2.0, but it is changing the entire userbase to 1 based on one user agreeing, not by individuals.

Any idea how to fix that?

MoreBloodWine

Couple things to note, there's some quirks with the mods install lines... tried on my 2.0.3 sites.

You call for a find & add after in Register.template.php
<label for="requireAgreement"><input type="checkbox" name="requireAgreement" id="requireAgreement"', $context['require_agreement'] ? ' checked="checked"' : '', ' value="1" /> ', $txt[584], '.</label><br />

But this is what it should be since this is what exists in that file... not sure if the </p> should be included or not since I don't recall if that acts like a <br /> which is called for in the find but now found in the code after </label>
                  <label for="requireAgreement"><input type="checkbox" name="requireAgreement" id="requireAgreement"', $context['require_agreement'] ? ' checked="checked"' : '', ' tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" value="1" class="input_check" /> ', $txt['admin_agreement'], '.</label>
               </p>

It's alo failing on this Load.php find...
// Found 'im, let's set up the variables.
if ($ID_MEMBER != 0)
{

This one I don't really have a reason for it failing because the code is there and matches up... the only thing I would dare venture a guess at is because you hhave ID_MEMBER in caps when in the file it's all lowercase but I don't know if that would
be enough to cause a fail.

Other than that the only other things I guess would be the few small issues others have pointed out which I cannot confirm since I havent installed the mod yet manually or otherwise.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

confuseamuse

So the mod doesn't work on 2.0.14.

In the zip folder, I found two .php files which aren't included in the install.xml named 'AcceptAgreement.php' and 'AcceptAgreement.template.php', despite being called upon in the 'install.php' script:

// --- Begin modification - Updated registration agreement ---
'accept_agreement' => array('AcceptAgreement.php', 'AcceptAgreement'),
'accept_agreement2' => array('AcceptAgreement.php', 'AcceptAgreement2'),
// --- End modification ---

EDIT: I discovered that the mod states where these files are meant to go in the directory, but doesn't actually carry out the instruction. I tried uploading the files myself, and I could only see a blank screen. Mod uninstalled now.

I'm not sure where in the directory these files are supposed to go, so I've deactivated the mod for now.

Arantor

Given that it was designed for 1.1, it is unlikely to work on 2.0 without being rewritten.

confuseamuse

Quote from: Arantor on August 04, 2017, 06:29:17 AM
Given that it was designed for 1.1, it is unlikely to work on 2.0 without being rewritten.

I figured that was the reason this mod didn't work. Unfortunate, but I doubt it will be necessary even if it did.

Arantor

It will be necessary given that the functions used for the database stuff in 1.1 literally don't exist in 2.0.

Biology Forums

Also, I can see this annoying registered members. Better practice would be to announce a topic, and that's it.

confuseamuse

Quote from: Arantor on August 04, 2017, 05:04:52 PM
It will be necessary given that the functions used for the database stuff in 1.1 literally don't exist in 2.0.

That's not what I meant. I was implying that the mod itself was unnecessary, for this reason:
Quote from: Stylus on August 05, 2017, 12:23:10 PM
Also, I can see this annoying registered members. Better practice would be to announce a topic, and that's it.

By the looks of things in earlier pages, it seems that it didn't work entirely with 1.1 anyway.

Arantor

-shrug- it wasn't clear from your post what was necessary or not, read to me like you thought it should work without a rewrite.

Advertisement: