News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Adding A Button Isn't Working For Me

Started by Semetery, July 21, 2014, 11:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Semetery

It is now showing up but what's weird is that it has the proper actual link to my site in the menu even though I literally have 'mysiteurl.com' in the code..... it's like it's reading from an older version of the file when I had tried it previously?

I've cleared the cache numerous times and don't understand it. I added another button 'test' and it won't show up at all.

Arantor

An old version you say?

That does sound like caching, perhaps Zend OpCache or perhaps APC but the new upload should invalidate the existing cache.

Semetery

I'm just assuming since nowhere in my code is the proper url for that button. You can hover it and it shows 'midnightspookhouse.com' while in the code it has 'mysiteurl.com'. I just deleted my htaccess file to get rid of the Simple .htaccess Cache Mod but it didn't seem to change anything. I also wiped cache after deleting it.

I also went ahead and completely turned off caching on the forum for the time being.

Sir Osis of Liver

Here's your Subs.php.  What a mess. :P  Should work now.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

The 'Gallery' button is commented out, and there's a second 'Site' button below it that has the correct url.  Didn't change those.  You split some brackets where you shouldn't have, and buggered up the menu. 

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Here, I cleaned that up.  You should see two 'Site' buttons.

- R. Waters

Semetery

That works a charm! Thank you so much, you've both been super helpful!

EDIT: Nevermind, you already told me where I went wrong. :)

Sir Osis of Liver

The main problem was you inserted the new buttons between the two closing brackets of the 'Forum' button instead of after, so everything between the brackets was lost.

- R. Waters

Semetery

That makes sense, I basically fudged the entire thing by that error then. I also learned how to remove the 'Help' button now that I'm understanding the menu better and where to go to look into it.

Again, thanks so much for the help. I really appreciate it!

Advertisement: