Quick Buddies

Started by dougiefresh, July 22, 2014, 01:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Link to Mod

QUICK BUDDIES v2.11
By Dougiefresh -> Link to Mod

Introduction
This mod uses the tip/trick written by ahrasis in the Add Buddy Button On Post thread.

This mod makes it easier to add people whom you want to be buddies with.  There are new links to add people as buddies if you aren't buddies with them yet, or to remove buddies already in the list.  You can now buddy up with people in the Post display area, the Message Index pages, the Board Index pages and the Member List.

This mod also alters the Followers mod to allow easier addition of people as your buddies.

Admin Settings
There are 5 switches under Modifications Settings that control where in the forum that the Quick Buddies link is shown.  By default, they are turned on.

Related Discussions
o Add Buddy Button On Post

Compatibility Notes
This mod was tested on SMF 2.0.8, but should work on SMF 2.1 RC2 and SMF 2.0 and up.  SMF 2.1 Beta 2 and SMF 1.x is not and will not be supported, so please don't ask.

The Followers v1.2+ mod must be installed prior to installing this mod in order to add the ability to the Followers page.

Changelog
The changelog can be viewed at XPtsp.com.

License
Copyright (c) 2015 - 2019, Douglas Orend
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

ryan_dwight

I tried installing this but I can't see this on the profile
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=3900;id=233493;image
other than that its working

edit: I am using black n black theme.
and when I used default SMF theme, I can see the + sign on the profile.
what file should I edit to work on black n black theme?

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.0 - September 14th, 2014
o Added options in the Modifications Settings to control where the quick buddy icon is shown.
o Added support for the Back-n-Black theme.

@ryan_dwight: Sorry about the VERY late response.  I never got notification of your post in this thread.....

ryan_dwight

no worries and I appreciate the update. Its working fine now.

Thank you

DSystem

Translation to Portuguese Brazil in annex.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.1 - September 17th, 2014
o Added Brazilian Portuguese language files.  Thanks, DSystem!!!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.2 - November 23th, 2014
o Fixed for undefined variable within Memberlist.template.php...

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.3 - January 19th, 2015
o License change to Simplified BSD.  No functionality change.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.4 - April 6th, 2015
o Updated for SMF 2.1 Beta 1.
o Added some extra error checking to avoid undeclared errors.

Professor Sea

This also seems useful for my biology forum. Will consider utilising this... And thank you.
Visit my forum: http://endo.darkglass.net/

dougiefresh

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.5 - April 25th, 2015
o Added compatibility with SMF 2.0.10.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.6 - August 29th, 2015
o Removed support for SMF 2.1 Beta 1.
o Added support for SMF 2.1 Beta 2.
o Fixed some XHTML validation concerns throughout the mod, brought to light by Antechinus.  Thanks, Antechinus!

Antechinus

Hey, I was just testing this in conjunction with my memberlist mod, and installing your one (v 2.6) after mine worked as far as installation goes, but not as far as functionality (IOW, didn't work. No icons showing on memberlist, etc).

Ok, so just to make sure I uninstalled yours, then uninstalled mine, then installed yours by itself on a clean default template. Result: one parse error right up top where function template_main() is declared. This is default code my mod doesn't touch.

Installing your mod has left it like this:

function template_main()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $user_info;

$tmp_mlist = 'mlist' . (isset($_REQUEST['sort']) ? ';sort=' . $_REQUEST['sort'] : '') . (isset($_REQUEST['start']) ? ';start=' . $_REQUEST['start'] : '');, $modSettings;

Is problem, yes? :D

dougiefresh

I've fixed a bunch of problems within the mod like what you've mentioned.  I'm gonna test to make sure that the add/remove buddy icon shows up in all screens.  Please note that you CANNOT add or remove yourself as a buddy, hence you will NEVER see an add/remove icon for yourself!  :P

EDIT: Everything in the unpublished version 2.7 works for SMF 2.0.  Now to fix SMF 2.1 support....

EDIT2: Antechinus, I haven't tested in conjunction with your updated Dynamic Memberlist mod yet!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.7 - September 1st, 2015
o Made the mod work with the Dynamic Memberlist mod.
o Fixed multiple issues of improper and/or code-breaking operations.

The mod was delayed from being published earlier because I worked 11 hours on Sunday and 13 1/2 on Monday, if anybody is interested.....  O:)

@Antechinus:  Thank you for the bug report!

dougiefresh

v2.8 - July 7th, 2017
o Added support for SMF 2.1 Beta 3.
o Removed support for SMF 2.1 Beta 2.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.9 - October 25th, 2018
o No functionality change.
o Updated documentation to point to new website.

-Rock Lee-

I put everything in one file, I think it's faster for you ;) Really great job @dougiefresh

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.10 - November 9th, 2018
o Added Spanish Latin translation, courtsey of Rock Lee!

@Rock Lee:  Thank you for the translation!  It's been included in this version!

Advertisement: