News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Failed to make backup of Settings.php

Started by peterwaalker, August 16, 2014, 01:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterwaalker

Please i got this mesage while making changes to settings in Admin. After making SQL backup i got below message each time i refresh page.
Failed to make backup of Settings.php - make sure Settings_bak.php exists and is writable.

Please what should i do. I dont have much programming experience.

Arantor

Well... in the folder where index.php and SSI.php are, is there a file called Settings_bak.php? There will be a Settings.php file there already, too.

peterwaalker

Quote from: ‽ on August 16, 2014, 01:22:49 PM
Well... in the folder where index.php and SSI.php are, is there a file called Settings_bak.php? There will be a Settings.php file there already, too.

I appreciate your support
There are no Settings_bak.php and SSI.php
I only saw settings.php from /public_html
Or am i not on the right place?

Arantor

Settings_bak.php would be in the same place as Settings.php would be, which sounds like it would be /public_html if it's there.

peterwaalker

Quote from: ‽ on August 16, 2014, 01:36:53 PM
Settings_bak.php would be in the same place as Settings.php would be, which sounds like it would be /public_html if it's there.

YES There are no Settings_bak.php and SSI.php

It seems the hacker deleted those files

Arantor

Well, SSI.php can be obtained from the large upgrade package, and Settings_bak.php is really just a copy of Settings.php.

If you have been hacked, though, I would suggest seeking proper help in ensuring that you are secure again.

peterwaalker

Quote from: ‽ on August 16, 2014, 01:44:01 PM
Well, SSI.php can be obtained from the large upgrade package, and Settings_bak.php is really just a copy of Settings.php.

If you have been hacked, though, I would suggest seeking proper help in ensuring that you are secure again.

Please sir can you get down to it.
How do i obtain SSI.php from the large upgrade package? and also how do make another Settings_bak.php?
Always thankful to you.

kat

You have a backup? If so, it might be in there.

If not, take this as a gentle slap to remember to backup, in future. ;)

If you have a backup, you can restore it.

If not, you might be lucky, if you ask your host if they have one.

SSI.php is attached, to save you finding one. :)

peterwaalker

K@ thank you. I did SQL backup but did not do complete backup.
I have downloaded the SSI.php and have uploaded it it in the /public_html folder

Please how do make another Settings_bak.php? Its asking for it for it

kat

Erk. You could download Settings.php, rename it to Settings_bak.php and upload that.

peterwaalker

Quote from: K@ on August 16, 2014, 03:02:37 PM
Erk. You could download Settings.php, rename it to Settings_bak.php and upload that.

Thanks

Advertisement: