New Topic Warning or Reminder

Started by peterwaalker, July 23, 2014, 05:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterwaalker

I need a mod that can remind my forum users that they should abide by the forum rules or anything.
The it has to be box-like.
see exactly what i meas below. Which mod would actually help me to actualize that.

margarett

I actually gave the code to do something like that not long ago. If only I could find it... :(

Do you want that in the Post template as you show or throughout the forum?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

peterwaalker

Quote from: margarett on July 23, 2014, 05:15:14 PM
I actually gave the code to do something like that not long ago. If only I could find it... :(

Do you want that in the Post template as you show or throughout the forum?
In the post template so that it appears whenever users want to reply on topic or open new one
Always thankful.

Kindred

there are at least two mods that do something like this...

I think one is called something like "rules on posting"
the other was an ADK mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Actually when I was searching for my post about that I found another topic of yours asking the same question :P

Kindred, I only find this
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2696

And 2 removed from ADK and SSimple

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

peterwaalker

Quote from: Steve on July 23, 2014, 09:42:51 PM
I use this one:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=163

Yet it is not exactly what i want. It something like the image i posted above. It only appears in new posts/post reply area.
I saw it on a SMF forum.

Arantor

Just because you saw it on an SMF forum doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be available as a ready made mod or even suitable for your site.

Steve

Quote from: peterwaalker on July 24, 2014, 02:09:32 PMYet it is not exactly what i want. It something like the image i posted above. It only appears in new posts/post reply area. I saw it on a SMF forum.

Oops, I misunderstood. Sorry about that.
DO NOT pm me for support!

margarett

So, finally a computer ;D

Picking up the existing warning box in Post.template.php, find:
// If an error occurred, explain what happened.
Add before:
echo '
<div class="errorbox">
<dl>
<dt>
<strong style="serious">This is a warning</strong>
</dt>
<dt class="error" id="error_list">
<strong>I warned you.<br />Consider yourself warned of the warning you were given.</strong>
</dt>
</dl>
</div>';

And there ya go ;)

peterwaalker

Quote from: margarett on July 25, 2014, 08:07:24 AM
So, finally a computer ;D

Picking up the existing warning box in Post.template.php, find:
// If an error occurred, explain what happened.
Add before:
echo '
<div class="errorbox">
<dl>
<dt>
<strong style="serious">This is a warning</strong>
</dt>
<dt class="error" id="error_list">
<strong>I warned you.<br />Consider yourself warned of the warning you were given.</strong>
</dt>
</dl>
</div>';

And there ya go ;)

Yes this is what i want. Let me give it shot and report back immediately.

Mstcool

I use a mod that does that but I don't remember which mod it was

This might work: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1484

peterwaalker

Quote from: Mstcool on July 26, 2014, 04:51:10 AM
I use a mod that does that but I don't remember which mod it was

This might work: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1484
All Thanks @Mstcool
This mod worked like charm. It installs flawlessly without problems.

Not forgetting to thank everyone here on this thread who contributed immensely to the development that brought the final solution.

Mstcool

peterwaalker

Hello Sir. I was using this mod till recently i restored database of my forum due hack attempts.
When i tried to Configure it back to initial settings by following Admin-Main-Configuration-Modification settings nothing relevant showed up. So i decided to uninstall the mod so as to reinstall it back afresh but the uninstall test failed completely in all showing red with warning that i should not go ahead with uninstalling of the mod.
Please i enough support. Please break it down i am not expert.
Thank you sir.

Sorry i forgot im using smf2.0.8

Mstcool

Quote from: peterwaalker on August 16, 2014, 01:26:58 PM
Hello Sir. I was using this mod till recently i restored database of my forum due hack attempts.
When i tried to Configure it back to initial settings by following Admin-Main-Configuration-Modification settings nothing relevant showed up. So i decided to uninstall the mod so as to reinstall it back afresh but the uninstall test failed completely in all showing red with warning that i should not go ahead with uninstalling of the mod.
Please i enough support. Please break it down i am not expert.
Thank you sir.

Sorry i forgot im using smf2.0.8

When you restore a forum, all mods get uninstalled automatically. So, just uninstall the mod (let it show the warning) and install it again, if there are no errors. The reason I am saying to uninstall it is cuz you just restored a forum, if your forum breaks again, just restore it again.

Nevermind. :p

Kindred

Mstcool...

Be careful with those suggestions, because what you are saying and what you mean are two very different things.

Restoring a forum from a backup will NOT remove mods,,, unless the backup was taken before the mods were installed.

Resetting a forum to a clean install, on the other hand, will remove mods which change source code, but will not remove mods with hooks
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mstcool

Quote from: Kindred on August 16, 2014, 09:18:48 PM
Mstcool...

Be careful with those suggestions, because what you are saying and what you mean are two very different things.

Restoring a forum from a backup will NOT remove mods,,, unless the backup was taken before the mods were installed.

Resetting a forum to a clean install, on the other hand, will remove mods which change source code, but will not remove mods with hooks

I must be going crazy then! Sorry about that. I haven't done a restore for a while now so I thought that it would. My bad. :p

Advertisement: