News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Post and PM Inline Attachments

Started by dougiefresh, July 26, 2014, 09:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

@LG965: The bug you mentioned also seemed kinda random....  On second round of testing, the new topic was placed in a completely different topic, which suggested something irritating.  I looked at the other mods and couldn't find one that might make the required changes....  So I uninstalled the ILA mod from your server, and POOF, the bug disappeared!

So that completely narrowed it down to the mod itself....  Turns out the mod was inadvertently changing which topic to place the new post in!  So a bit of rewriting later, the mod allows the forum to correctly deposit the new topic/post where the user wants it to go, instead of.... well, where-ever!  :P

As a side note, this rewrite also seems to solve the rest of the SimplePortal article issue you reported, which was a surprise to me!  Also, your server has the latest mod version....

EDIT:  On a humorous note, I managed to stick an inline attachment as a piece of news in the admin panel (Admin => Main => News and Newsletters), suggesting (at least to me) that as long as the ILA tag has the message ID number, it SHOULDN'T matter if the message ID wasn't passed by the code to the parsing function.  I'd show the resulting picture of the news I "made", but I really don't want to offend anybody.....  (I think it's hilarious!)

dougiefresh

Uploaded v5.4 - March 10th, 2017
o Fixed readme compatibility note about HS4SMF mod being installed first.
o Fixed issue where topic ID was changed by code pulling attachments.
o Fixed issue where ILA tags within code tags were incorrectly translated.
o Fixed issue with Highslide mods and maximum width/height settings.
o Fixed incompatibility with URL Popup mod.
o Fixed error where unable to load language file after uninstalling.

@Everybody:  I decided that the number of fixes, the last few of them being more critical, made getting this out as the finalized version 5.4 more important than continuing to fix the few minor bugs left.  I apologize if this upsets anybody....

@LG965: Btw, your test server already has this version on it....

LG965

Quote from: dougiefresh on March 09, 2017, 10:14:04 PM
@LG965: The bug you mentioned also seemed kinda random....  On second round of testing, the new topic was placed in a completely different topic, which suggested something irritating.  I looked at the other mods and couldn't find one that might make the required changes....  So I uninstalled the ILA mod from your server, and POOF, the bug disappeared!

So that completely narrowed it down to the mod itself....  Turns out the mod was inadvertently changing which topic to place the new post in!  So a bit of rewriting later, the mod allows the forum to correctly deposit the new topic/post where the user wants it to go, instead of.... well, where-ever!  :P

As a side note, this rewrite also seems to solve the rest of the SimplePortal article issue you reported, which was a surprise to me!  Also, your server has the latest mod version....

EDIT:  On a humorous note, I managed to stick an inline attachment as a piece of news in the admin panel (Admin => Main => News and Newsletters), suggesting (at least to me) that as long as the ILA tag has the message ID number, it SHOULDN'T matter if the message ID wasn't passed by the code to the parsing function.  I'd show the resulting picture of the news I "made", but I really don't want to offend anybody.....  (I think it's hilarious!)

Great! I am I am surprised at your own speed!
I am going to install a v5.4 in production site!

TY friend!

EDIT: v5.4 PERFECT WORK in production site!

madskaizer

Hi Doug

I have this happening: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=525705.msg3726671#msg3726671

SMF 2.0.13 and with these packages

1.    Anti Bot: Are You Human/Bot?    3.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    Ohara YouTube Embed    1.2.8    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Mibbit Ajax IRC Chat Mod    2.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Pretty URLs    1.1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Post and PM Inline Attachments    5.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Ad Managment    3.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    SimplePortal    2.3.6    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    Advanced Attachments Uploader    3.0

LG965

Oh yes..... It is not over yet  :-[

in reality I can not pick and load more than one attachment.

(more attachments) don't work.

LG965

I found the bug!

It's a number!   :laugh:     the number 7 in install_20x.xml at row434  put this 7 in post.template.php at row 485  :laugh:

dougiefresh

Quote from: madskaizer on March 10, 2017, 03:19:06 PM
I have this happening: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=525705.msg3726671#msg3726671

SMF 2.0.13 and with these packages

1.    Anti Bot: Are You Human/Bot?    3.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    Ohara YouTube Embed    1.2.8    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Mibbit Ajax IRC Chat Mod    2.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Pretty URLs    1.1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Post and PM Inline Attachments    5.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Ad Managment    3.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    SimplePortal    2.3.6    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    Advanced Attachments Uploader    3.0
If I had to take a guess, I'd say that it's a conflict between this mod and the Advanced Attachments Uploader.  It's a paid mod, so I will not be able to assist you with the conflict.....  See the PM I just sent you.

Quote from: LG965 on March 11, 2017, 02:35:11 PM
I found the bug!

It's a number!   :laugh:     the number 7 in install_20x.xml at row434  put this 7 in post.template.php at row 485  :laugh:
Thank you for pointing that out!!!  Removing that seems to solve the "(more attachment)" link not working issue....  I'm dealing with a brand new keyboard, which is a little more compact than my previous keyboard.  The 7 on the number pad is where the page down button was on my old keyboard.....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v5.5 - March 11th, 2017
o Fixed "(more attachments)" issue.  Thanks, LG965!

LG965

BBC tag code again...

still does not work propertly with ILA string http://www.test.tuttovola.org/index.php?topic=7728.0

GL700Wing

This mod and v3.3 of your Automatic Attachment Rotation mod won't play happily together.

I've got them both installed on a 2.0.13 system with no other mods and whenever I view posts with images I get lots of 'Undefined index' errors for thumb_hash, thumb_folder, thumb_name on line 1578 in ./Sources/Display.php

Line 1578:  $thumb_realname = getAttachmentFilename($attachment['thumb_name'], $attachment['id_thumb'], $attachment['thumb_folder'], false, $attachment['thumb_hash']);
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

dougiefresh

@GL700Wing:  Thank you.  I'll look into this bug report.

@LG965:  Your bug report was fixed and your test server has the latest version.

LG965

Quote from: dougiefresh on March 14, 2017, 09:53:16 AM
@LG965:  Your bug report was fixed and your test server has the latest version.

Ok thank you, include it in the next release?

dougiefresh

Yeah,I'm including the fix for the next release.  Haven't gotten around to publishing it yet.  Maybe tomorrow....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v5.6 - March 15th, 2017
o Fixed regex expressions so that code & quote tags are processed correctly.

@LG965:  This update officially fixes the bug you reported.

@GL700Wing:  I'm still looking into your bug report.

LG965

Quite fast and accurate work as always!  ;)

but I have another one....   ;D

ILA and Image Floating to Left or Right BBCode don't working together.

Here   http://www.test.tuttovola.org/index.php?topic=7731.0

dougiefresh

@LG965: Instead of using this:
[imgright][attachment id=1 msg=50317][/imgright]
Try this instead:
[attachment id=1 float=right msg=50317]

LG965

Oh yes this work correctly  ;) and know it.

madskaizer

Just a warning to anyone that wants to use this lovely mod together with hxxp:smfpacks.com [nonactive]'s Attachment Uploader

Quote from: NIBOGO SMFPacks CEO & founderI can't promise anything, but at the moment there is no integration planned between both mods.
#2 - March 12, 2017, 04:44:58 PM

RGMears

I get many errors when trying to install v5.6 over v5.0. And when I try to uninstall v5.0 first I also get many errors. Another mod has placed code in between some of the v5.0 code and is causing the problem. If you would repost v5.0 on the mod page -- so it can be parsed -- I could likely resolve the uninstall errors.

Advertisement: