News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Post and PM Inline Attachments

Started by dougiefresh, July 26, 2014, 09:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

Is there a setting so that when an image is clicked on it cannot be downloaded? I have the download line and counter setting set to disabled but if an image is clicked on it still downloads.

GL700Wing

Quote from: njtweb on June 12, 2018, 01:50:09 PM
Is there a setting so that when an image is clicked on it cannot be downloaded? I have the download line and counter setting set to disabled but if an image is clicked on it still downloads.
Not in this mod - it simply allows images to be displayed within the text of a message/PM.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

njtweb

Well that's odd, seems like it's something that was missed. I guess I can't use it then.

GL700Wing

Quote from: njtweb on June 13, 2018, 09:23:51 AM
Well that's odd, seems like it's something that was missed. I guess I can't use it then.
I'm not sure why you think it - it's function matches it's description.

pepa

Getting this error a lot, does anyone know what it means?

IP address 120.154.2.185   
June 14, 2018, 05:52:22 AM
58dcdbc75b862015e29f15060a85985c
Type of error: Undefined
https://reformaps.org/forum/index.php?action=search2
8: Undefined index: href
File: /home2/reformaps/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/InlineAttachments.english.php (body_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 440

Gryzor

I still can't make it work... this has been happening for the several last version now - when I click 'insert' nothing whatsoever happens :(

Anybody has an idea as to what to check?

Thanks!

GL700Wing

Quote from: pepa on June 19, 2018, 05:56:12 AM
Getting this error a lot, does anyone know what it means?

IP address 120.154.2.185   
June 14, 2018, 05:52:22 AM
58dcdbc75b862015e29f15060a85985c
Type of error: Undefined
https://reformaps.org/forum/index.php?action=search2
8: Undefined index: href
File: /home2/reformaps/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/InlineAttachments.english.php (body_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 440
Try enabling the "Disable evaluation of templates" setting in Server Settings to see if you can get a more meaningful error message - the file ./Themes/default/languages/InlineAttachments.english.php only has 26 lines and the error is being generated elsewhere.

GL700Wing

Quote from: Gryzor on June 19, 2018, 06:08:26 AM
I still can't make it work... this has been happening for the several last version now - when I click 'insert' nothing whatsoever happens :(

Anybody has an idea as to what to check?
Not really - it could be a Javascript conflict with another mod.

Are you able to get it working on a test forum that doesn't have any other mods installed?

Gryzor

Hm, no. A conflict is what I thought, too, but the problem appeared out of the blue - not some mod I installed. I think I had just updated this one.

I'm pretty sure it'd work fine on a test forum with no other mods, so it's potentially a useless exercise though?

I'll see if I can further reduce the amount of mods I'm using; I was wondering though if there was some concrete method to find where the error is generated...

GL700Wing

Quote from: Gryzor on June 19, 2018, 06:44:19 AM
Hm, no. A conflict is what I thought, too, but the problem appeared out of the blue - not some mod I installed. I think I had just updated this one.

I'm pretty sure it'd work fine on a test forum with no other mods, so it's potentially a useless exercise though?
If you think it's not caused by a mod conflict then installing it on a forum on the same host that no other mods installed will confirm it's not a hosting-related issue.

QuoteI'll see if I can further reduce the amount of mods I'm using; I was wondering though if there was some concrete method to find where the error is generated...
Are you actually getting any error messages?

Gryzor

Forgot to mention that - apologies. No, there are no error messages...

demlak

any idea how to convert old postings in smf_messages table to match this mod with old postings made with this old mod?
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=376767.0

just replacing
                                                                      [attachimg=
with
                                                                      [attachment=
would not do the trick for example on
                                                                      [attachment=1 width=750 align=center]

also matching with regex like:
                                                                      perl -pE 's/\[attachimg=(\d+).*?\]/[attachment=$1]/'
does not reflect alignment.

mossite

I need someone to install this mode and pm attachment for me paid work

pm attachment<br>
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1974<br>
<br>
post and pm online attachment<br>
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3770
Greatness is Goodness

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

dougiefresh

Quote from: GigaWatt on August 06, 2018, 10:26:16 AM
Technical support (free or paid) is requested in the following board.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=50.0
Much wow, much specific....  :P You're going to have to be more specific in specifying which topic you're pointing to.  As of right now, this is a USELESS post and is going to be completely ignored.

GL700Wing

I think @GigaWatt's comment was aimed at the previous post ...

dougiefresh

Quite right....  I completely missed the post previous to it....  Apologies!

GigaWatt

Maybe I should have quoted :S.

Never mind ;). All is good ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

GL700Wing

v6.14 - September 18th, 2018
o Fixed issue that prevented attachments being inserted inline (and which actually de-selected attachments) when a previously saved post that already had the maximum number of attachments allowed was being modified to insert the attachments inline.
o Commented out check in ./Sources/Subs-InlineAttachmentsAdmin.php for later version of ILA as domain www.xptsp.com has expired and version check was causing 'Inline Attachments' menu option to hang/timeout.
o Temporarily removed support for SMF 2.1 Beta 3 (this will be reinstated when time permits).

dougiefresh

Uploaded v6.15 - October 25th, 2018
o No functionality change.
o Updated documentation to point to new website.

Advertisement: